Dawesome LOVE Granular/Shimmer MultiFX Plugin

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This will be a hard one for anyone to pass up at the price....
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 9:14 am This will be a hard one for anyone to pass up at the price....
it has an unsuspected large bandwidth, not only ambient... well thought through.

the 3 modes for the granular part, are great.

and is it mentioned?
when you save a new preset you get a list of names, generated.. you can use, augment them or ignore them, but it is fun.

Trying the demo. Is there a way to make the grains continue on for longer? I find they fade out way too quick. Also I find the tiny purple font really hard to read.

I made a NKS version in the NKS User Library (in my sig) if anyone wants it (under 'Dawesome')

Looks tempting, but I already own the two big ones — Fragments and Portal — as well as a lot of smaller granular tools built with Reaktor or M4L. Any reason I should get this? Is there a standout feature which makes LOVE unique?

aMUSEd wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 10:42 pmInstabuy!!
..see your Instabuy!! and raise you an..Instabuy!! :tu: :D
We shall see orchestral machines with a thousand new sounds, with thousands of new euphonies, as opposed to the present day's simple sounds of strings, brass, and woodwinds. -- George Antheil, circa 1925 ---

I also had to buy this. I mean, I do have a lot of granular effects already but LOVE sounds different somehow. I really like the 3 completely different granular engines, they give a lot of flexibility.

My only gripe is the extremely simplified DAW bpm sync options. I much prefer the normal way of doing sync with note values so we can choose triplets and dotted notes easily, even if they are long.

I would also have liked to see at least a simple LFO and Envelope follower that could modulate the main knobs of the engine but I understand that this is meant to be a simplified granular effect thing. For more complex stuff there is always the Arturia and Reaktor stuff.

Anyhow, for the intro price you are getting an awful lot for your bucks. I really like all of the simple effects as well. The chorus has a very unique character to it. It's a bit weird but in a wonderful way!
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

East coast of the US here and i'm not seeing the download available on the site or in the download manager?

Also, for the devs, the download manager requests my system password every time i open it, and the installer for Abyss installs plugins to the normal vst location, but also to the User folder (which it shouldn't do).
This is with a mac M1 running OS 13.4.

Hard to pass up at that price + bonus I was looking for something to buy from Audiodeluxe to get the free IK Tape plugin so even better deal plus I got to use my bonus points to get it for $28

Digivolt wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 4:21 pm Hard to pass up at that price + bonus I was looking for something to buy from Audiodeluxe to get the free IK Tape plugin so even better deal plus I got to use my bonus points to get it for $28
that's a nice catch, I guess I´ll succumb to it... thanks for the reminder.
even if I already have tape 24, I guess it still should have soem resale value
member of the guild of professional dilettantes.

Bought it last night. No demo needed. At that price, I’m sure it’ll be worth it.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Bug: it can’t remember between sessions the size you make it - always reverts to small. At least in Studio One 6.

I came close to getting Portal a few times. Overall this is just easier to understand and use so far. But the non-standard bpm thing is silly, and the fonts need work as they’re not as readable as they should be.

vitocorleone123 wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 5:12 pm Bug: it can’t remember between sessions the size you make it - always reverts to small. At least in Studio One 6.

I came close to getting Portal a few times. Overall this is just easier to understand and use so far. The non-standard bpm thing is silly, and the fonts need work as they’re not as readable as they should be.

in the menu there is a setting to remember the last UI size.

WasteLand wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 5:14 pm
vitocorleone123 wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 5:12 pm Bug: it can’t remember between sessions the size you make it - always reverts to small. At least in Studio One 6.

I came close to getting Portal a few times. Overall this is just easier to understand and use so far. The non-standard bpm thing is silly, and the fonts need work as they’re not as readable as they should be.

in the menu there is a setting to remember the last UI size.
Thanks!

That at least just makes it bad UX design instead of a bug. Default should always be to save the last size. Put an option opt out of that, not opt in.

Small usability nits: not immediately intuitive how to enable fx, also the way you enable those is inconsistent with toggling the granular methods. Clicking on fx is on/off, but is a toggle above.

(To be clear, I did buy it despite it having some usability issues - they aren’t major)

Digivolt wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 4:21 pm Hard to pass up at that price + bonus I was looking for something to buy from Audiodeluxe to get the free IK Tape plugin so even better deal plus I got to use my bonus points to get it for $28
$29.74 @ JRR so maybe save your Tracktion dollars

Return to “Effects”