RapidComposer v4 beta feedback and discussion (locked)

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RapidComposer RapidComposer LE

musicdevelopments wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 5:32 pm
  • "Apply original track variations" added for ghost tracks (inspector, General tab). Now you have the choice to ghost copy a track with or without its track variations
Asking for the record here - can you then apply variations to the created ghost track, or not?

In quick testing, I see some variations on the ghost track seem to work fine (e.g. Simplify Phrase, Re-rhythmize Phrase), but at least one not (e.g. Mirror Vertically).

My apologies if I'm incorrectly observing.

Yes, of course you can apply variations on the created ghost track. What's more, you are strongly encouraged to do so.

That is a correct observation, and a big help for me. Now I am happy that ghost tracks remain in beta testing, because I had to modify the phrase rendering logic because of ghost tracks, and some track variations stopped to produce an effect. I'll do my best to fix this ASAP. Thanks Steve, for reporting this! :tu:

Thanks,
Attila

Hi Attila
Thank you for the updates to ghost tracks, it’s pretty much perfect now! Only thing that is missing now is the ability to recursively ghost a track(ghost track of a ghost track of a ghost track etc…) and the ability to add individual phrase variations on the ghost tracks. But besides those 2 things I love it its such a big help to my workflow.

Here are some other feature ideas/suggestions I have,

Grace Note Variation :
A variation to create grace notes with a way to control where that grace note is placed either using the note index or something similar to the “start” parameter within the rest variation.

Variation Presets :
The ability to save combinations of variations as presets and apply them to different phrases/tracks, and the option to save phrases together with variations

Dynamic Reference :
Give the Apply Rhythm, Apply Melody, Apply Shape and Rhythm Mapper the ability to use tracks as input as well as dragging and dropping phrases.

What do you think?

Hi milliondabeat!

So many good ideas! :tu:
I implemented recursive ghost tracks now.

Thanks,
Attila

FWIW, I think Variation Presets would be quite useful. Being able to save and reuse a good setup or definition is always very helpful.

RapidComposer v4.8b3 is available!

I think you are going to like the new 'DAW view' in this update!

Improvements:
  • 'DAW view' added with optimized display for working in the composition globally as in a DAW. Select, move and copy/paste phrases in multiple tracks, use rubberbox selection in multiple tracks, etc.
  • UI rework on the main screen and in the Phrase Editor
  • The missing "Cut", "Copy", "Paste", "Paste (overwrite)", "Duplicate" buttons are added to the timeline inspector that work on time selection. (In the past keyboard shortcuts worked, but there were no buttons for these.)
  • It is possible to recursively ghost a track (ghost track of a ghost track of a ghost track etc…)
  • Small fix for ghost tracks: some track variations stopped to work

after install, ran, first thing I clicked was DAW mode and it crashed..

Oh no! I am checking this...

EDIT: I am sorry for this bug, beta4 will be available shortly with the fix. Beta3 cannot be downloaded anymore.

RapidComposer v4.8b4 is available!

Improvements:
  • Fixed a crashing bug when clicking on the 'DAW mode' button in the previous beta version

musicdevelopments wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 5:47 am
I think you are going to like the new 'DAW view' in this update!
Ooh.! Sounds intriguing Attila... any chance of a quick screenshot or two please..? :-)

I tend not to run beta editions as a rule these days... system is old and being quite sensitive/fragile.! TIA

Bob
Last edited by thebutler on Fri Jun 23, 2023 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Win10; i7 4790K; 16Gb RAM; GTX750Ti; Cubase Pro v13.0.30; WaveLab Pro v11.2.0; S1 v6.5.2; UR44 audio/MIDI

musicdevelopments wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 10:59 am RapidComposer v4.8b4 is available!

Improvements:
  • Fixed a crashing bug when clicking on the 'DAW mode' button in the previous beta version
crashed fixed, I have to assume it could have been prevented in the first place with ASAN working..

anyways, found that if you click the master track header, the lower tracks go away.. maybe describe what we should see when using it, only because what I see is either a bug, or a nice feature for quickly collapsing the tracks to a better view..

happens too when you rubber band select..

Hi.

I'm noticing that the color of notes in a selected phrase in non-DAW mode is very hard to see. (3rd phrase)

RC - Regular Mode Selected Color.jpg

In DAW mode, I can see the selected notes OK (the colors are different).

RC - DAW Mode Selected Color.jpg

I don't see where these particular selected/non-selected phrase note colors might be set in the UI area. Are they there?

I apologize if I have failed to see them.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hi, Attila. I can't experience the joy of updates because I still can't use plugins. Once again, I place a link to a short video about my problem when using the host program (Digital Performer).
https://www.dropbox.com/s/bpkq0qucw8les ... 4.mp4?dl=0

Return to “MusicDevelopments”