One Synth Challenge #172: Lith by Soda Devices (ZioMau Wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Favorite sports that I was really in good in back in the days: Badminton, Tennis, Squash and Table Tennis. Never was much of a team player, only doubles in the ones mentioned above 8) So football (soccer), basketball, floorball (bandy) and stuff like that with many players in teams, no thanks! :tu:
Fusion

My forte was field hockey, grass not ice! Now on artificial surfaces (we did clay and tarmac sometimes). Was good enough to be selected for one of the 22 at the county trials for Yorkshire! Didn't make the cut at 14 - bah, humbug. But then, one of the guys was the captain of the gold medal winners at the Seoul Olympics - stiff competition for places. Quite a brutal sport in those days, supposedly non-contact - hah!what do you expect when you have 22 people running around with weapons hitting a very hard ball at each other?

Had to be super fit though. I also captained by local team for an indoor version, 5-a-side , with side boards to keep the ball in play pretty much continuously. When the ball went "out" at either end (or a goal scored), then you could substitute players. Pretty tiring game, even if each quarter was only 15 mins long.

Anyways, I ramble ... must be my age ...

Looking forwards to the results to see if my favs made the top 5.

dB

Mine was skateboarding, never broke any bones...though lots of friends did!
doctorbob wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 1:25 pm
I just make music for me, if others like it, good. If not, that's no problem either, I will still do what I want to do.
I agree with that, feed back and critiques are important, more important is your relationship with your art.

@] Peter:H [ I like the Master Ken reference, a friend of mine donated a snippet of music to that show...
"I can't listen to the Ninth anymore at all."

Still waiting for the results and now I have to sleep:
(I think and hope I'll end up around place 23-25)

I noticed the following: Image

What I'm trying to say is that all athletic OSCers should try CBG strains with minimum THC and hardly any CBD… No joke, you get insane amounts of energy from it, perfect for workouts… :party:

Congrats in advance to the Top 5!
My guess for the Top 7 in no special order is: @Jasinski, @VCA-089, @Milkster, @ZioMau, @abot81 @jemaudio @Impedance music

See you tomorrow! :tu:
Fusion

Yadrichik_Chaya wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 4:39 pm Interesting…In shape ex-wing chun practitioner, watch out now! :box:
Interesting… For some reason, I imagined that you were doing some kind of tricky martial art, like kung fu or wu-shu...

] Peter:H [ wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 4:28 pm
Frank Geppert wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 7:36 am As a swimmer I realized that it is [...]
Interesting ... out-of-shape ex-swimmer here ;-)
"Quality" of muscles for swimmers is in different level compared to the others. So even you are out of shape you muscles still remember the times and getting back to shape is quite simple. I think the best way to train muscles without causing damage to your joints is swimming or even better walking in water with your body submerged where just your head stick out of water.
Yadrichik_Chaya wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 4:39 pm Interesting…In shape ex-wing chun practitioner, watch out now! :box:
Nice I'm too ex wing chun but also tang lang from Chinese branch of martial arts. I have done also some others styles like won hwa do, taekwondo, karate and so on in order to integrate some principles and improve my favorite and still active muay thai and boxing. These days I'm in better shape then I was 20 years before.
doctorbob wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 4:30 pm Interesting ... out of shape ex-field hockey player here ;-)
Interesting ex ice hockey player here. 8) But it was long time ago.

@IV! Haha no I'm way too tall 190cm+ to do such things as backflips etc. (or maybe that is just my excuse for not being able to do backflips :hihi: )
But thankfully I'm VERY agile. I still have a stretch machine like this one:

@TrojakEW Very nice and really fun to read! :D I quit Wing Chun and wanted to develop my own set of excercises, always wanted to go my own way in all things in life - this led me to study other styles all on my own: So I practiced things like those Taekwondo standing side split kicks and doing a full standing side split. No jumping kicks though which I'm certain you can do! :clap: I even did those Thai Boxing shin conditioning excercises… ;)

Great that you are still active and in good shape! :tu:

These days I prefer workouts like wearing a 20 kg weight vest while doing really long walks with my dog and all the various excersises with resistance bands + stretching. Also fast boxing with resistance bands! :box:

Oh yeah and of course parallel bars! Any one reading this should watch the video, hopefully get inspired and buy parallel bars to do the following excercises: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40rf5wyFK9Q
Fusion

Yadrichik_Chaya wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 8:17 am Oh yeah and of course parallel bars! Any one reading this should watch the video, hopefully get inspired and buy parallel bars to do the following excercises: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40rf5wyFK9Q
Looks like we have similar thinking in the way of sports. Parallel bars, I have three types, sizes. Love calisthenics. I do also weighted west i have two west one 30kg and one 10kg. Sometimes I'm using both at once. :lol: I use some other useful equipments like pull up bars, rings and after 20 years I again back training in gymnast hall once a week. But I newer train more then 120 minutes per week. Effectivity is everything otherwise you are only damaging your body and speeding up your aging process.

When I was playing, I played 3 full games a week, Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday. Tuesday night was the intense indoor competitions and Thursday afternoon/evening was fitness and skills training.

Very intense for years - but at the level I was playing, if you didn't do it, you soon lost that edge.

dB

Apologies for the delay.

Final Results: ZioMau - Rubber Tip is the Winner!!!! :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail:

1. ZioMau - Rubber Tip - 155
2. jasinski - I found a flaw but I'm sure it will be fine - 145
3. VCA-089 - Return To The Replicant City - 143
4. gethiox - Ermine - 141
5. exponent1 - Humility - 140

6. MilksterX - Entropics - 139pts
7. ontrackp - Nick 'o Time - 133pts
8. MadMcMan - Rhythm Fusion: Echoes of Harmony - 132pts
9. abot81 - Spirit Drive - 129pts
10. silverpants - Maschinenzeitalter II - 129pts
11. MalToné - Cosmolith - 129pts
12. doctorbob - Cool Cats - 129pts
13. Impedance Music - Die Lithfaßsäule - 128pts
14. phankiejankie303 - Synth Noir - 128pts
15. Yadrichik_Chaya - Lithuanian Samba Festival - 128pts
16. Peter:H - Toxic Minds - 127pts
17. NeuKatalYst - Rooftops In Digital - 126pts
18. jemaudio - Mambarumba 1987 - 125pts
19. hennessey - Acinhcet - 125pts
20. liqih - Charmed Und Forbidden - 124pts
21. Eauson - Sodaa3o - 121pts
22. TrojakEW - Keyboard Warrior - 119pts
23. zipidowski - Subway - 117pts
24. FrankH - Filaments And Figments - 116pts
25. violator_alba - Naming Things Is Hard - 106pts
26. Darksynth FX - The Endless Ocean - 105pts
27. nyxeles - Salt Fields - 104pts
28. BrainBeatMusic - Hilt - 102pts
29. SynthDX7 - Lithic Labyrinth - 102pts
30. emikaela - The Watcher's Tower - 101pts
31. empphryio - Schmuingo (Lith) - 100pts
32. Frank Geppert - Lith Station - 99pts
33. rilderec - LithOsc172 - 82pts

Prizes:
First place winner, please announce your chosen prize in a reply here on this thread. Next place winners, follow up, one after the other. You may choose to skip. To receive the prize, it may take some time (even a week-month+), but be patient. :hug: NOTE: prizes are not passed down below top 5

Splendid work everyone :phones: :phones: :clap: :clap:

Scoresheet
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

Congrats ZIoMau! & Top 5 winners :party: :clap: :hail: Well deserved

Another great round of stellar music from everyone :heart:

Congrats top 5! and of course the number 1 @Ziomau! :party: :party:

Place number 15 and super tight with points, I'm right there in the middle between 4 germans… :P
Fusion

@TrojakEW Wow! Haha yes really looks like we have a very similar thinking when it comes to sports/training! :D Thanks for the tip of not overdoing it! :tu:
But you didn't play racket sports like tennis, badminton and squash?
It was actually 1993 in Bratislava when I was 9 years old that I and a friend Michal came on third place in doubles in a small tennis tournament - not bad since there were adults in the tournament(!) :hihi: Must feel like shit losing to 9-year old kids… :lol:
Fusion

Congrats to the top 5 - excellent music :clap: :clap: :clap:

dB

Congrats top 5! :tu:

Yadrichik_Chaya wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 10:56 am But you didn't play racket sports like tennis, badminton and squash?
No this part of movement was not actively tested by me.

Return to “Instruments”