Virtual MIDI, is it the solution I need?

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I recently came across the idea of Virtual MIDI drivers that allow you to connect one application to another.
I am trying to find a simple solution to use 32bit and 64bit VST's together. I know there's jBridge, but I always wondered why you can't connect two DAW's together to run in tandem? Why doesn't software work like hardware? You should be able to connect anything to anything!

I use MuLab x64 and sometimes use MulLab x32 to allow me to use those old plugins. But if there were a way to start and stop both from either one, that would allow me to use the program I already have and keep my setup, as far as DAW and VST's go, portable.

I just wondered if anyone here has any experience? Are they good at what they do? Reliable? Will it do what I want?

Thanks for any advice.

Gigabyte GA-X99P-SLI / Intel Corei7 6800k / 32 Go DDR4 / 3x SSD / Win 11 Pro x64 / UAD Apollo Twin USB / UAD2 Satellite Octo USB / UAD2 Octo PCIe / Cubase Pro 13 / VEP7 / 24 ch X-Touch / Console 1 /Metagrid Pro / Komplete Kontrol S61 MK2 / Roli Seabord

sl23 wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 4:19 pm I recently came across the idea of Virtual MIDI drivers that allow you to connect one application to another.....

Why doesn't software work like hardware? You should be able to connect anything to anything!
You cant connect hardware 'anything to anything' without cables, so those Virtual MIDI drivers you're talking about... they're your software cables for MIDI.

Virtual MIDI and two hosts aint exactly the best replacement for jbridge, though, IMO. jbridge is so much simpler, and also able to support audio, and parameter automation.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”