Logic Pro 11

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

dayjob wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 5:16 pm
Johnnyjohn wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 4:42 pm aaaand nothing .. some speculate the take down of the video is a clue itself of an imminent release but i highly doubt
more likely the youtuber took it down after realizing how dumb it was. 8)
It's like predicting the end of the world. They'll just do it every couple of weeks or so. Eventually, they could be right!
I started on Logic 5 with a PowerBook G4 550Mhz. I now have a MacBook Air M1 and it's ~165x faster! So, why is my music not proportionally better? :(

I would love to see an auto lock feature for purely speculative threads…
Its a useless waste of time… I should train an artificial intelligence to monitor those threads and at least mark them somehow…

oh we got some speculation police now ? :D
for some folks it's pure joy, just don't participate if it's not your cup of tea

If the thread title would give a hint, I wouldn’t mind…

Tj Shredder wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 2:54 pm If the thread title would give a hint, I wouldn’t mind…
Sorry. This thread is unabashedly about a product that does not exist and may never exist.
I started on Logic 5 with a PowerBook G4 550Mhz. I now have a MacBook Air M1 and it's ~165x faster! So, why is my music not proportionally better? :(

Tj Shredder wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 2:54 pm If the thread title would give a hint, I wouldn’t mind…
a simple question mark in the thread title would solve some problems

Logic Pro 11?

Yeah I came here looking for news :lol:

I do admit to getting triggered by the mention of a potential subs model though. That happens and I will LOL my way back to Reaper.

stoopicus wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 7:39 pm Yeah I came here looking for news :lol:

I do admit to getting triggered by the mention of a potential subs model though. That happens and I will LOL my way back to Reaper.

A sub model wont stop you continuing to use the Logic you have.

I keep on wanting to go back to using Logic, but dammit I always run into some weird quirk it has that drives me nuts. The other "do everything" DAWs on my system do one simple intuitive thing with count-in and the metronome, they give you choices on when the click count in happens. So only while recording or only during count in, two IMO obvious variations on count in and metronomes.

I often want to play through a guitar part a few times before actually recording it, to get the timing right, which means a count in is more than useful, and I can't figure out how to get Logic to just metronome count in without recording.

its kinda weird to me that they have allowed months of a feature being on an ipad that they dont allow on mac os. SAMPLR and beat breaker features are things a lot of producers would incorporate into their daily tools. I love the tools apple makes and I'm going to give logic another honest go when they do put these things in mac logic. but if ur a loyal logic user its gotta hurt having it be 4+ months of stuff on an ipad that isnt in your computer.
• Logic Pro 10.8.1
• MacBook Pro 2023 - M2 MAX - 96 GB RAM
• Focusrite Red 8Line + UAD Satellite

rACatkvr wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 2:43 am
stoopicus wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 7:39 pm Yeah I came here looking for news :lol:

A sub model wont stop you continuing to use the Logic you have.
Actually, yes it would, because I will have moved back to a DAW that provides regular updates without a sub. But you're technically correct that that would be a choice.

qtheerearranger wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 8:00 pm its kinda weird to me that they have allowed months of a feature being on an ipad that they dont allow on mac os. SAMPLR and beat breaker features are things a lot of producers would incorporate into their daily tools. I love the tools apple makes and I'm going to give logic another honest go when they do put these things in mac logic. but if ur a loyal logic user its gotta hurt having it be 4+ months of stuff on an ipad that isnt in your computer.
They will probably be the part of a bigger update which is expected soon. There were not any bug fix updates either for the past 4 months, which is another clue.

One thing I wish they would change in Logic is 3 finger drag.. if you are using a VST where the mouse cursor disappears when you turn a knob it takes about a second for the cursor to come back.. a shame as Bitwig is instant when you let off your other 2 fingers after 3 finger dragging a control - feels much nicer and smoother to use.. only a small thing but would be good to have it changed.

Apple event on the 30th October.

Would be very exciting getting 11 soon..

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”