SERUM VS VITAL

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Serum Vital

Noooo, Vital only does PsyTrance basses and Neuro basses.

ONly david Kwata can
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

as vital is free you can download it, have a go and let us know.

both, i have both, is good
aliasing plugin owner
:?

I'm going to say no. Because of the blurb on their main page that no one reads:
ULTRA-CLEAN OSCILLATORS

Playback of wavetables requires digital resampling to play different frequencies. Without considerable care and a whole lot of number crunching, this process will create audible artifacts. Artifacts mean that you are (perhaps unknowingly) crowding your mix with unwanted tones / frequencies. Many popular wavetable synthesizers are astonishingly bad at suppressing artifacts - even on a high-quality setting some create artifacts as high as -36 dB to -60 dB (level difference between fundamental on artifacts) which is well audible, and furthermore often dampening the highest wanted audible frequencies in the process, to try and suppress this unwanted sound. In Serum, the native-mode (default) playback of oscillators operates with an ultra high-precision resampling, yielding an astonishingly inaudible signal-to-noise (for instance, -150 dB on a sawtooth played at 1 Khz at 44100)! This requires a lot of calculations, so Serum’s oscillator playback has been aggressively optimized using SSE2 instructions to allow for this high-quality playback without taxing your CPU any more than the typical (decent quality) soft synth already does. Load up Serum and we think you’ll be able to notice both what you hear (solid high frequencies, extending flat all the way up to the limits of hearing) as well as what you don’t hear (no unwanted mud or aliasing gibberish- just good, clean sound).
https://xferrecords.com/products/serum/

There is a reason why Serum costs money and Vital is free.
<list your stupid gear here>

egbert101 wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 3:15 pm I'm going to say no. Because of the blurb on their main page that no one reads:
ULTRA-CLEAN OSCILLATORS
I hope it was a joke. Yes?

Only if you are as shredded as David Gveta. Then the sound will be identical.
Last edited by audiouser720 on Wed Nov 29, 2023 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yes, it is possible.
Duality without regard to physicality

no, it's not possible

egbert101 wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 3:15 pm I'm going to say no. Because of the blurb on their main page that no one reads:
ULTRA-CLEAN OSCILLATORS

Playback of wavetables requires digital resampling to play different frequencies. Without considerable care and a whole lot of number crunching, this process will create audible artifacts. Artifacts mean that you are (perhaps unknowingly) crowding your mix with unwanted tones / frequencies. Many popular wavetable synthesizers are astonishingly bad at suppressing artifacts - even on a high-quality setting some create artifacts as high as -36 dB to -60 dB (level difference between fundamental on artifacts) which is well audible, and furthermore often dampening the highest wanted audible frequencies in the process, to try and suppress this unwanted sound. In Serum, the native-mode (default) playback of oscillators operates with an ultra high-precision resampling, yielding an astonishingly inaudible signal-to-noise (for instance, -150 dB on a sawtooth played at 1 Khz at 44100)! This requires a lot of calculations, so Serum’s oscillator playback has been aggressively optimized using SSE2 instructions to allow for this high-quality playback without taxing your CPU any more than the typical (decent quality) soft synth already does. Load up Serum and we think you’ll be able to notice both what you hear (solid high frequencies, extending flat all the way up to the limits of hearing) as well as what you don’t hear (no unwanted mud or aliasing gibberish- just good, clean sound).
https://xferrecords.com/products/serum/

Behold : a victim of marketing
That being said , I don't care about neither serum or vital , but I feel for you if you actually believe what you wrote.
Get well soon :lol:
If you play a sawtooth in vital , you get the exact same frequencies beyond 20 KHZ with no ROll OFf , just ike serum and Zebra
Here's zebra in crisp mode
and soft mode
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Alexander137 wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 3:41 pm
ULTRA-CLEAN OSCILLATORS
I hope it was a joke. Yes?
I demoed both, and I believe there is a strong reason one is "free" and another is sold without "believing in sales".
More specifically, neither Vital's sound nor CPU usage were quite there (in Serum territory) yet.
Weapons of choice (subject to change):
Godin Redline, Kuassa, Fuse Audio, Audiority, Roland A-500pro, Dune, Dagger, TAL, Reaper for Rock & Synthwave pleasures; Viper and FL Studio for guilty EDM pleasures

I'd just get Current, to hell with it!

Serum is good, yes, but there is no joke that Splice’s RTO helped make it the EDM darling that it is. Nothing at all wrong with it, but Vital has come out in the meantime and Current is likely to give Serum a run for it’s money over the next year or two.

you should get FXpansion Geist, it sounds exactly the same

Return to “Instruments”