SERUM VS VITAL

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Serum Vital

Trancer wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 6:32 pm Given that Serum 2 was announced in 2021 and we arrive in 2024, a version 2 of Serum seems illusory.
Or it just takes time, since Xfer is not a big company with many people behind it...

Vital has much better Aliasing.

Buy now. :?
The art of knowing is knowing what to ignore.

Serum 2 was mentioned never announced.
rsp
sound sculptist

Last thing I read from Steve Duda on Reddit:

" Serum v2 has not been formally announced - I mentioned I was working on it in a podcast when asked what I was working on. I was promised to get to edit said podcast, but it just went up in whole a couple days later - eventually one learns the meaning of the phrase "never trust the press".

Anyway I couldn't be happier with the progress, which is happening daily, but I don't feel the need to say more on the subject, thanks for understanding. "

https://www.reddit.com/r/serum/comments ... t/jn9nx7t/

(6 months ago)

Thank you for your answers.

If announced by Mr DUDA himself.

https://www.guettapen.com/2020/12/29/st ... ur-2021-2/

I agree, small company.

Since the release of Serum, quite a few years anyway, so still possible improvements over all this time.

Now, as Vital exists, it certainly changes the situation.

The designer of Vital doesn't have a huge company either and yet he managed to release Vital.

Unfortunately, as was said above, the problem was announced as free and it was complete for use, so the development of Vital is most certainly compromised for the future and that is a shame.

So if Serum 2 comes out one day, we'll see if it's worth it.
Last edited by Trancer on Sat Dec 02, 2023 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Its the same podcast he speaks about in the reddit.. he was asked what he is working on and he said serum 2.. far from an announcement.
rsp
sound sculptist

The title is however clear

Release planned for 2021.

That is the title which not created by Steve.. Steve has to my knowledge never announced a release date, ever... on purpose.

Part of his philosophy and part of why it will be a free update..
rsp
sound sculptist

Listen here:
https://youtube.com/clip/UgkxJVB1jJ1yOo ... uArJifxpQ1

at about 1:04:44 to 1:08:51... I am not sure if it is a english to french translation thing.. he says I am working on major changes for Serum this coming year, he didn't say the changes are coming this year.

rsp
sound sculptist

Somewhere it was mentioned that DMG Audio was working with Steve on the new Serum …
MuLab of course :D

i don't own any xfer stuff but serum and Nerve both interest me. i'm looking forward to their next versions that are apple silicon native. right now seems like you have to dig for a link in the xfer forum or something to get the latest beta versions and even then there's posts in the forum there about difficulties getting stuff to install right and work. maybe that's old news and things have been fixed... if so i couldn't find updated information on current status.

i know there's some gambling odds on the forum about what will happen first.. Z3, Serum2 or Vital update...

anyway.. i hope the various devs all find time to update their wares to their satisfaction.

liquidsound wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 7:05 pm Somewhere it was mentioned that DMG Audio was working with Steve on the new Serum …
Dave himself mentioned it either on gearspace or here or both... I actually thought he was joking initially.
rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 7:33 pm
liquidsound wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 7:05 pm Somewhere it was mentioned that DMG Audio was working with Steve on the new Serum …
Dave himself mentioned it either on gearspace or here or both... I actually thought he was joking initially.
rsp
I doubt he was joking, but seeing the endless demands to Urs Heckmann about the elusive :hihi: Zebra 3, Steve has perhaps adapted a wiser-low-profile marketing strategy :D
MuLab of course :D

Yeah I eventually realised he wasn't joking.
But yeah.. Steve seems to have :)
rsp
sound sculptist

Teksonik wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 11:43 pmthe complete lack of development for over a year and bugs that still haunt the last version.
I've said it from day one, releasing an almost un-crippled free version of Vital was a huge mistake.
You said it, indeed. And then again. And again... :roll:

Return to “Instruments”