Retarding into a new tempo?

How to do this, that and the other. Share, learn, teach. How did X do that? How can I sound like Y?
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I haven't performed retards since I was a music-performance major in college (that was 90-94 -- so yeah, it's been a while). And I've never really considered it within the digital-recording space. But, a song I am going to start tomorrow, I just got an inspiration to retard at the end, easing into a refrain that I intend to repeat and fade on.

It felt very right. That being said, I am working with two separate digital devices. One is old hardware that I use to record my acoustic tracks (vocals, guitar, percussion, etc.), and then I bring those into Waveform on my PC.

I was thinking maybe it would just be easier to record the two parts of the song as separate projects/songs, and then bring them back to my PC and throw them together, automating a tempo change within Waveform.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

BertKoor wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 6:45 pm viewtopic.php?p=8774801&#p8774801
Yeah, only thing is I'm not sure I can do that with the old Roland VS-880. In Waveform, it seems pretty straightforward, though.

Return to “Production Techniques”