Still SVX1&2 Amplitube for bass

A forum for discussion of all things guitar!
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Still use IK Multimedia Amplitube SVX 1&2 on bass, habe never found anything that's better for e-bass or are there?

TONEX has Ampeg amps. Also Marshall Super Bass, à la Lemmy.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

I still find the Ampeg SVX 1&2 great. Have Amplitube with lots of guitar amps, but I actually use it just for SVX.

Others I very much like:
Neural DSP Darkglass Ultra: just fantastic sounding
Overloud Mark Studio 2: always nice for a different flavour
Nembrini Audio Bass Driver: very good on distorted sounds
Plugin Alliance Ampeg (various): I find them really good, but I don't like the cab/chain, find it muddy so I use IRs with these
Aurora DSP Mammoth: a dev I discovered lately. This is not an emulation of an existing amp, but it's VERY good sounding and quite flexible. Same concept as Rhino for guitar, which is also very nice.

jamcat wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 7:40 am TONEX has Ampeg amps. Also Marshall Super Bass, à la Lemmy.
How many models? The 2011 Brainworx Ampeg Amps for UAD-2 were good.
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

electro wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 4:52 pm The 2011 Brainworx Ampeg Amps for UAD-2 were good.
Do you mean those contained in the Heritage bundle? If yes, they are also sold by PA (amp models were done by Nembrini). The SVT-3 Pro gets quite some use here.

I recently moved to the Bogren STD and it's my new #1. No more tweaking eq's, messing around with cab ir's, and it sounds great. Gain knob and a dirt switch, that's pretty much all there is to it.

Return to “Guitars”