Available now: Tone2 Icarus3

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Icarus3

@Tone2 Synthesizers - That’s an exhaustive list of tweaks and improvements. You’ve obviously gone to great lengths to make Icarus3 a flagship synth, and your attention to detail is staggering! :love:

I’m especially looking forward to checking out the additive and granular engines, and the new GUIs are looking nice and clean. Bravo Good Sir!! :tu:

massive list, cannot wait!
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Wow - amazing!!!

Will there be a demo?

Any chance of a screenshot of the additive and granular editors?

Tone2 never disappoint! :)

Great list....

Did I miss the answer to this question however: do upgrades ever go on sale?

We remember two sales for an upgrade in the past. There are no plans for this in the future.
Icarus3 will be the final major upgrade that we will release. After this there will be only free minor updates.
We do not have a support forum on kvr. Please refer to our offical location: https://www.tone2.com/faq.html

mdstudio wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:26 am Will there be a demo?
Yes
We do not have a support forum on kvr. Please refer to our offical location: https://www.tone2.com/faq.html

Thank you! Looking forward to this!

I would like to know if the self-oscillation for the 2 new filters will be percussive if you set the oscillator volume to zero. On some analog-modelled synths, the self-oscillation in Repro, Polysix, and Model 84 are percussive and bell-like. However, some modern synths like Icarus and Hive do not have percussive self-oscillation for any of the filter types (unless the oscillator has low volume).

Korg Supporter wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 3:05 pm I would like to know if the self-oscillation for the 2 new filters will be percussive if you set the oscillator volume to zero. On some analog-modelled synths, the self-oscillation in Repro, Polysix, and Model 84 are percussive and bell-like. However, some modern synths like Icarus and Hive do not have percussive self-oscillation for any of the filter types (unless the oscillator has low volume).
To make a filter 'Ping' it always requires some kind of impulse as an input. Such an impulse should only occur if it also really intended by the sound-designer.
Imagine a pendulum. It requires some inital engergy to swing. There exists no pendulum that starts to swings by itself.

Percussive filter sounds are possible with all filter types of Icarus that have self-oscillation.

Example patch:

1) Init a new patch
2) set the synthesis mode of OSC1 to Sample->one shot wave. Now osc1 emits just a single cycle of the waveform. This emulates an impulse. You can further enhance this by using a dirac impulse instead of a saw waveform. Or you can use pulse with a very small pulsewith combines with a low osc frequency.
3) Set filter type to 'Butter', Cutoff to 1kHz and reso to 62%. Reso must be a little less than self-oscillation

Similar setups will also work for many other synthesizers

Tone2 Synthesizers wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 4:48 pm
Korg Supporter wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 3:05 pm I would like to know if the self-oscillation for the 2 new filters will be percussive if you set the oscillator volume to zero. On some analog-modelled synths, the self-oscillation in Repro, Polysix, and Model 84 are percussive and bell-like. However, some modern synths like Icarus and Hive do not have percussive self-oscillation for any of the filter types (unless the oscillator has low volume).
To make a filter 'Ping' it always requires some kind of impulse as an input. Such an impulse should only occur if it also really intended by the sound-designer.
Imagine a pendulum. It requires some inital engergy to swing. There exists no pendulum that starts to swings by itself.

Percussive filter sounds are possible with all filter types of Icarus that have self-oscillation.

Example patch:

1) Init a new patch
2) set the synthesis mode of OSC1 to Sample->one shot wave. Now osc1 emits just a single cycle of the waveform. This emulates an impulse. You can further enhance this by using a dirac impulse instead of a saw waveform. Or you can use pulse with a very small pulsewith combines with a low osc frequency.
3) Set filter type to 'Butter', Cutoff to 1kHz and reso to 62%. Reso must be a little less than self-oscillation

Similar setups will also work for many other synthesizers
Thank you! I'll check that out. Also, can the arpeggiator do a random progression? Good luck on releasing Icarus 3!

This looks like a beast :clap: I'll try the demo for Mac when available

I am tempted to buy this now to have something new to play with and V3 sounds great. Just to check though there is no Mac demo of the latest version? would be nice to give that a go to make sure I do like the workflow.

Return to “Instruments”