TAL-Pha Released! Alpha Juno II Emulation from TAL-Software

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
TAL-Pha

DashOfLime wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 2:07 pm He does sales but they're likely not going to fall below the intro price. Have not seen the Juno fall below $60 ever for instance.
Tal's U-No-LX was originally offered for $35.

DNnX wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 4:46 pm It looks like TAL-Pha's noise has more high freq than hardware.
A reason could be that the filter max cutoff is higher as on the hardware.
So that the plugin in general has more top end. Just guessing.

Out of my own curiosity, I was gonna do a re-dominator vs TAL-Pha comparison but each factory patch sounds so drastically different that I had to double check if I was using the same factory presets on both.

I would love someone who has a real Alpha Juno to make a comparison. Starsky Carr perhaps, or at that level of scrutiny.
<list your stupid gear here>

Hopefully they wait till the next update before they do.
A gearspace user pointed out some differences with his hardware and afaik Patrick is addressing those as we speak.
rsp
sound sculptist

And its released.
Version 1.1.0 / 20.02.2024
New filter "Normal" filter mode for most possible accuracy with the hardware.
Optional direct hardware MIDI output for simple hardware control (on the top right).
Simple color dialog for the gray scheme.
Automatable next/previous preset buttons.
CPU optimisations.
Minor fixes.
rsp
sound sculptist

Word. Patrick is a legend.

PAK wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 5:50 pm
DashOfLime wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 2:07 pm He does sales but they're likely not going to fall below the intro price. Have not seen the Juno fall below $60 ever for instance.
Tal's U-No-LX was originally offered for $35.

Yeah I'm full of shit tbh 😂 Just searched on the audio production deals subreddit and was way off. $60 is the normal price. I also looked back at my own purchase of Uno back in 2019 and I paid $36 so don't listen to what I'm saying :roll:

zvenx wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 11:57 pm And its released.
Version 1.1.0 / 20.02.2024
Cool, so here is the new Gray theme:
Screenshot 2024-02-21 094737.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Some people in the Netherlands having some issues with their payment.
Money is transferred, but process ran into an error.
Now they're waiting for TAL to respond.

No problem here (NL also), after payment a minute ago (paypal), got the license immediately in my account.

Chris-S wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:51 am Cool, so here is the new Gray theme:
And a eye searing orange theme. I unintentionally managed to find the hex value for the brightest orange on the planet. Not something I would use but it's fun for me to faff about with themes. (for example you can change the purple display on the Gray theme).

TAL PHa 1.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 12:19 pm
Chris-S wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:51 am Cool, so here is the new Gray theme:
And a eye searing orange theme. I unintentionally managed to find the hex value for the brightest orange on the planet. Not something I would use but it's fun for me to faff about with themes. (for example you can change the purple display on the Gray theme).

TAL PHa 1.png
Very cool, looks better to me :tu:
If you could also change the font color of the tab titles from white to black, it would be perfect!

Text color is not editable at the moment (aside from the one in the LCD screen)

The editor is a bit of a pain to operate, but it's very useful nonetheless.
To me the defaults are a bit too dark and saturated, and the editor solved the issue.
I'd actually like that same option for the J8 too.

enCiphered wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 12:28 pm Very cool, looks better to me :tu:
If you could also change the font color of the tab titles from white to black, it would be perfect!
Sadly I don't see a way to change the tab titles. We can however change the Slider colors. I'd probably use something like this since I don't like a lot of different colors:

TAL PHa 2.png

I also don't see a way to save the color settings. We'll have to take a screenshot of the settings:

TAL PHa 3.png
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Return to “Instruments”