Wave Alchemy - Triaz Native - No Kontakt -- Free for current owners!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Triaz

strange how my copy protection question gets ignored. gives a good impression :)!
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Caine123 wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 7:09 pm strange how my copy protection question gets ignored. gives a good impression :)!
Its on their web site...you have to be online to activate first time (then internet not required, no dial home)...pretty standard stuff now-a-days.

Full licenses allow you to install your plugin on up to 5 machines simultaneously, pretty generous.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

kopa wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 5:43 pm :singer: :singer: :singer: No love for TRIplets in TRIaz ?
Perhaps through secondary lanes or the repeat layer would as an option?
Put the sequencer to 24 steps and the rate to some multiple of 3.

SLiC wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 7:24 pm
Caine123 wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 7:09 pm strange how my copy protection question gets ignored. gives a good impression :)!
Its on their web site...you have to be online to activate first time (then internet not required, no dial home)...pretty standard stuff now-a-days.

Full licenses allow you to install your plugin on up to 5 machines simultaneously, pretty generous.
thanks a lot, im always wondering if the company goes out of service etc. i prefer offline activations. need to think about this one, got no experience with Wave Alchemy yet.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Hi,

All the required info is on our website FAQs: https://www.wavealchemy.co.uk/support/faq/

You can also find this info in the product manuals and also elsewhere within this thread.

I hope this helps.
http://www.wavealchemy.co.uk

Specializing in the development of forward-thinking virtual instruments and sample libraries.

Caine123 wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 8:59 pm
im always wondering if the company goes out of service etc. i prefer offline activations. need to think about this one, got no experience with Wave Alchemy yet.
From my other post within this thread:
wave alchemy wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:20 pm
We give you 5 unique activations. In addition, you can request as many additional activations as you need if you have a reason for it. And finally, you'd get a totally unlocked plugin if we cease to exist.
We've been healthily in business for 16 years (2007), and I see no reason for us to disappear any time soon :D

Specializing in the development of forward-thinking virtual instruments and sample libraries.

wave alchemy wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:10 pm
im always wondering if the company goes out of service etc. i prefer offline activations. need to think about this one, got no experience with Wave Alchemy yet.
From my other post within this thread:
wave alchemy wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:20 pm
We give you 5 unique activations. In addition, you can request as many additional activations as you need if you have a reason for it. And finally, you'd get a totally unlocked plugin if we cease to exist.
We've been healthily in business for 16 years (2007), and I see no reason for us to disappear any time soon :D
ok this sounds good so far! thanks for the reply. im not yet decided maybe im gonna wait until further features are included. looks very promising! :tu:

wave alchemy wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 5:34 pm
stash98 wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 5:35 pm This really is awesome. Have a few questions on it.

Lets say you make 4 patterns and then trigger them in your DAW with MIDI notes. And then you want to export audio stems. Will it render the stems across the entire track so the pattern switching is all captured in one take?

I ask because I really like the master bus options but would like the option to balance the mix further down the road. I guess I could just keep everything in Triaz the entire time and use the filters to EQ. Still figuring that out.
When you click the audio 'Export' button it renders the currently selected pattern bank. It would be a bit annoying if you had 12 banks active and it automatically rendered all 12, since this could consume some time if you have long patterns using 1/4 speeds etc. You may often also only want to export certain banks and mix and match them etc. We could consider adding an option for this though but I doubt many would use it. So essentially just export the pattern banks you need to, or export MIDI and do it that way.
stash98 wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 5:35 pm
Worse case is I just use the multiout and capture the audio that way and then use plugins on the drum buss. But if I do use the multiout are the channel FXs captured? I need to just figure this out probably on my own when I get a chance. For example, if I sent the snare to the reverb would that reverbed sound play through the master out or the snare out,
When exporting in MULTI out mode it will export all 12 drum stems automatically, as well as export the 3 send FX as stems too! It will also bypass master out when doing this.
Ok, the more I mess with Triaz, I have no problem exporting how you set it up. Exporting multiple patterns is fine. Makes total sense. Or I can just use the multiout and record the audio that way.

I am going through your presets to learn the plugin and the presets are really, really good.

I love how you made it super easy to use it as a multiout as well. Just gives all the options we could want. Export stems or just use as a multiout and go from there. Plus once we set up the plugin for multiout, when we browse presets it stays as such. So you can hear the presets without the mastering on it, which is awesome.

Just a beastly plugin. Can really up ones drum programming game if they study these presets too.

SLiC wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 7:24 pm

thanks a lot, im always wondering if the company goes out of service etc. i prefer offline activations. need to think about this one, got no experience with Wave Alchemy yet.
A company going out of service has only happened to me once in 20 plus years…that was Camel Audio going Apple. Although I could continue using the products, the lack of updates soon meant they were very dated, low resolution etc. I ultimately you end up loosing use with os changes etc, so I don’t worry about this much…at the end of the day you can have a plug in with no copy protection, but if it isn’t supported and updated it will become obsolete over time. The most important thing to me is trusting the developer is committed to updates and keeping their plugin current….personally I think WA. can be trusted.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Hi all,

As promised here is a rough roadmap of the improvements and features for Triaz we plan to work on over the coming weeks / months:

Roughly 2 weeks
A hot fix update for any pressing issues or bug reports. There is likely also room to add a couple of the enhancements suggested from user reports within this update.

Roughly 8-12 weeks
Smart sequencer randomization screen. This will be very powerful and include smart randomization of individual sequencer lanes and entire sequence patterns, and taking cues from the Drum Randomizer will also include options for locking lanes from randomization, randomizing FX lanes, control/s for introducing the probability of non musical notes or intensity.

This update will possibly coincide with the launch of a Free Player version of Triaz, which is designed purely to load expansions that we will sell, alongside many of the other features listed below at the bottom of this post.

Roughly 6 months
AI / ML based bulk sample Import option where users can automatically link in, sort and tag all their samples with AI from different locations. We would train this model for character tagging based on our huge hand tagged library of drum sounds.

Other Features

We are not sure exactly which update these will land in, but during this timeline we'd also like to add the following features / improvements:

• Ability / option to add full step velocity steps in sequencer with one click.
• Export page enhancements with more control over exporting stuff wet vs dry
• Single click one shot drum export (dry and wet)
• Phase invert button on drum layers
• More filter modes
• Lock kit whilst changing patterns
• Sample offset per layer
• XY Pad slop modulation
• More user definable options such as allowing drums to audibly be triggered using drum tabs when sequencer is running
• More DAW automation lanes and MIDI CC learn.

Expansions
We are also already working on quite a few expansions and plan to release these regularly once we get these rolling. An expansion pack will contain presets, patterns, new sounds, and perfect tagging and show up automatically just like the factory presets in their own section under the factory library. We are planning to build a cloud installer meaning you will just enter a serial or code and the expansion will automatically download into the correct place in Triaz and be ready to use out of the box.

Some expansions we are working on (none of these are the final names), but just how we are describing them internally:

1. World Percussion - This is an enormous collection of beautifully recorded world percussion covering African, Latin, Brazilian, Indian, Asian etc percussion instruments, which has been over a year in the making. It will likely include somewhere between 7,000-10,000 sounds and be perfectly tagged with presets across many styles for Triaz.

2. Vibey Acoustic Drums - This is an insane collection of aesthetically designed acoustic drums for modern electronic genres. We've been working on this for 2 years, creatively recording drums at many of the best studios around the world, including Bryan Adam's Warehouse Studio in Vancouver, Canada and many others. This will include around 10,000 sounds and is a totally epic project :D

3. Playground Drums - Maybe some of you own our Beat Lab sample pack that we launched as limited time deal during Black Friday in 2022. This takes the same idea but expands upon it. None the same samples are included (It's al brand new content). The idea here was recording and processing our favorite sounds from over 30 new and modern drum machines, and then taking taking these recordings and processing them in several unique ways, such as recording them back through a huge PA system into some of the best drum rooms in the world and picking the signal back up through expensive vintage mix configurations, recording them to tape, old cassette tapes, through lofi gear and other things. It's a really creative and unique collection and again will have tons of presets and perfect tagging directly in Triaz.

4. Genre based expansions - we have many of these planned and these will eventually come out on a regular basis, covering different gernes, styles, quirky experimental stuff, modular synth drums etc,.

Sorry for the long post, but I hope this gives a rough idea of where we plan to take this :tu:

Note: The timelines for these updates are estimates, so things may change by a few weeks if things arise out of our control.

stash98 wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 4:41 am
Ok, the more I mess with Triaz, I have no problem exporting how you set it up. Exporting multiple patterns is fine. Makes total sense. Or I can just use the multiout and record the audio that way.

I am going through your presets to learn the plugin and the presets are really, really good.

I love how you made it super easy to use it as a multiout as well. Just gives all the options we could want. Export stems or just use as a multiout and go from there. Plus once we set up the plugin for multiout, when we browse presets it stays as such. So you can hear the presets without the mastering on it, which is awesome.

Just a beastly plugin. Can really up ones drum programming game if they study these presets too.
Thank you!

I am glad to hear that you are enjoying the presets. We put a good amount of effort into these, and still we are only making use of a small % of the included content within these presets.

We personally feel it would be near impossible to create such varied and detailed / organic drums using other current drum plugin offerings out there on the market without using external plugins and routing, multiple instances and a lot of automation. There is much more of this to come in our expansion packs too - see my post above :tu:

Roughly 8-12 weeks
Smart sequencer randomization screen. This will be very powerful and include smart randomization of individual sequencer lanes and entire sequence patterns, and taking cues from the Drum Randomizer will also include options for locking lanes from randomization, randomizing FX lanes, control/s for introducing the probability of non musical notes or intensity.
:tu: The only real weak point in the actual version so I am very happy it will be improved soon
4. Genre based expansions
What I am really missing and hoping it will come soon: an ambient expansion

Now there is a little in lofi (but not really...), a little maybe in perc.....

There are not many libraries/plugs that from their general quality would be able for this stuff but Triaz definitely is so: :hyper:

Thanks for posting the roadmap! There's a lot to look forward to!

I've also thought about how nice it would be to have an acoustic drum expansion, so great that this is already in the making! I guess for this it would be really helpful to have some more velocity / random based modulations on the XY side?

Btw. I have now played through a good junk of the preset library and it's really great - I'm marking a lot of favorites there! I just noticed one problem, that could have been avoided (but is now as it is): The "Synth Pop" presets do not follow the drum layout convention of the other presets, even where they could have easily been followed. Problem is, I also cannot simply swap the cannels because they already have motion assigned to them. It's not a big problem, but if future expansions presets could follow the conventions where sensible, it would be very nice - for consistency, but also for playing via pads / controller or when using converted drum MIDI as input.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Find my (music) related software projects here: github.com/Fannon

tatanka wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:35 am
What I am really missing and hoping it will come soon: an ambient expansion

Now there is a little in lofi (but not really...), a little maybe in perc.....

There are not many libraries/plugs that from their general quality would be able for this stuff but Triaz definitely is so: :hyper:
Sure, we can look into this! :D

Fannon wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:37 am Thanks for posting the roadmap! There's a lot to look forward to!

I've also thought about how nice it would be to have an acoustic drum expansion, so great that this is already in the making! I guess for this it would be really helpful to have some more velocity / random based modulations on the XY side?

Btw. I have now played through a good junk of the preset library and it's really great - I'm marking a lot of favorites there! I just noticed one problem, that could have been avoided (but is now as it is): The "Synth Pop" presets do not follow the drum layout convention of the other presets, even where they could have easily been followed. Problem is, I also cannot simply swap the cannels because they already have motion assigned to them. It's not a big problem, but if future expansions presets could follow the conventions where sensible, it would be very nice - for consistency, but also for playing via pads / controller or when using converted drum MIDI as input.
It's quite hard to follow a very specific layout convention, since we used many different sound designers when creating these presets and due to Triaz's modular approach, forcing them into a very specific layout would limit their creativity.

What you could do is go to the Mappings / Routing page in Triaz and create your own custom mappings, and then save / load them when required. I.e you could quickly create a MIDI / Audio out mapping for those Synth Pop presets and save it and recall it at any time :tu:

Swapping channels with Motion could be technically possible to add. but very likely a huge job and it'd surely introduce a lot of bugs that would need to be ironed out. Another solution would be to allow swapping of channels using Motion but without the motion assignment attached, with a prompt to specifically warn people.

Return to “Instruments”