Do You Recognise The Sound Of The DAW?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Post

Jac459 wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 6:22 am This thread was funnier without personal attack and just mocking the insanely fun but so wrong idea that modern DAW have a specific "sound".
DAWs are like family... apparently.

Post

Jac459 wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 10:59 pm
THE INTRANCER wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 9:27 pm I remember there was always an ongoing debate about the "Reason sound", as if you knew straight away that it was made with it....
Of course, sound is a complex topic and there are many many factors. I do remember too this claim. Yet I always find it to be pure and absolut BS....
Way back in the dark ages, you could hear some differences due to mix down, such as dithering algorithms, built-in mastering tools, etc. These days, everything is clear as a bell and you can choose your own mixdown tools to sound however you want.

Unless you used that damn filter from ProTools. Just stop using it. :lol:
I started on Logic 5 with a PowerBook G4 550Mhz. I now have a MacBook Air M1 and it's ~165x faster! So, why is my music not proportionally better? :(

Post

THE INTRANCER wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 7:31 pm I have music here on my playlist which is both created in Studio One and Reason. I can hear the difference between the DAWs that have been used.

https://intrancersonic-ds.blogspot.com/ ... .html#mpt1
I can also hear the difference, quite clearly.

Reason is an old DAW, but Studio One uses newer code that has not lost its high frequency sensitivity due to age, so it’s tracks have more “air” and thus trigger my tinnitus, so I can instantly nail the S1 tracks

Thanks for providing that evidence to prove your point!
:clap:
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

Post

no but sometimes i can guess what DAW someone might be using based off what type of music they make or their vibe because of i guess like "stereotypes" or generalizations of genres using a certain DAW more commonly. as for actual sound if there is a difference i dont have enough skill to discern that or hear the subtleties

Post

cryophonik wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 10:26 pm No, but I can tell by the smell. :shrug:
Logic smells the warmest.

Post

All KVR daws have the same sound except Reaper.
Reaper has 5 seconds delay… :hihi:

Of course, that’s a user’s fault 8)
Last edited by liquidsound on Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

Post

I can´t hear Ableton anymore.

Post

HAL76 wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:44 am I can´t hear Ableton anymore.
That's a skill issue.
I started on Logic 5 with a PowerBook G4 550Mhz. I now have a MacBook Air M1 and it's ~165x faster! So, why is my music not proportionally better? :(

Post

syntonica wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:43 am
HAL76 wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:44 am I can´t hear Ableton anymore.
That's a skill issue.
Or money issues :hihi:
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

Post

liquidsound wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:55 am
syntonica wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:43 am
HAL76 wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:44 am I can´t hear Ableton anymore.
That's a skill issue.
Or money issue
No, it's an issue of age and disableton
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

Post

:lol:

Post

Michael L wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 4:44 pm
liquidsound wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:55 am
syntonica wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:43 am
HAL76 wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:44 am I can´t hear Ableton anymore.
That's a skill issue.
Or money issue
No, it's an issue of age and disableton
Your personal experience is invaluable. Thanks for sharing! :D
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

Post

liquidsound wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 2:28 pm
Michael L wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 4:44 pm
liquidsound wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:55 am
syntonica wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:43 am
HAL76 wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:44 am I can´t hear Ableton anymore.
That's a skill issue.
Or money issue
No, it's an issue of age and disableton
Your personal experience is invaluable. Thanks for sharing! :D
Keep your software updated!!!
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

Post

Michael L wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:50 pm
liquidsound wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 2:28 pm
Michael L wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 4:44 pm
liquidsound wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:55 am
syntonica wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:43 am
HAL76 wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:44 am I can´t hear Ableton anymore.
That's a skill issue.
Or money issue
No, it's an issue of age and disableton
Your personal experience is invaluable. Thanks for sharing! :D
Keep your software updated!!!
I switched to Reaper :tu:
It updates every 47 minutes :lol:
MuLab App works amazingly well in it.
Best of both worlds.

Maybe I'll be selling Ableton and Bitwig. It took me a long time (Reaper v3.0) but, somehow this time, it clicked with me, and I can still use the Amazing Mulab Matrix in Reaper.
Just a fantastic combination.

I need to update my signature. :dog:
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

Post

liquidsound wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 4:18 pm I can still use the Amazing Mulab Matrix in Reaper.
Just a fantastic combination.
I am also a big fan of the "MuLab Sound" :love:

What does Reaper add?
Did you make a custom portable install or use it stock?
Last edited by Michael L on Thu Feb 22, 2024 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”