MonkeyC Audio - Rando Sampler, the randomizing sampler

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Rando

bought it, it's great

Wow @Serge thanks for this! Gonna add these to our list ;) Would you mind sending this email to hello@monkeyc.audio so we can continue the conversation there, because I have some questions?

Really happy that you are having such a great time!

Dennis

PS @emef, thanks as well! 🙏🏻

Another feature that Rando needs that all the best samplers have is assignable multi-outs. How about either 8 stereo outs or 16 mono outs or more?

Hi @Wordclock, will put this on the list! Thanks for the feedback!

Great to hear @Serge! 😎

I like this a lot.

It's quick and easy and does a lot of heavy lifting.

A few suggestions:

Randomise per key with similarity search. e.g. You have a kick on one key and you want a new random one.

Envelope for the filter. Even some preset types would do.

Scale lock for the sequencer randomisation for generating melodic phrases.

Is there a way of applying effects globally? If not that would also be cool!

Restricting randomisation to particular folders/sets.

Hi @kraster, thanks for your feedback! Some of your suggestions are already on the list, new ones I will add! Njoy Rando!

neverbefore wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 6:05 am Has some potential for sure -I have put in a feature request

1. I think it needs another function where you can lock everything and then unlock ones you want to change. Sometimes that is a better place to start than locking keys/samples one by one.
2. It would be nice in the sample folders listing if each folder had a check box so that one could include or exclude folders as appropriate for the task
3. Another function that would be good is if one could choose easily the set of keys one wanted to change or lock by, say, right clicking and dragging across the keyboard. Use case here is if I want to load different types of samples into different octaves of the keyboard. This is probably better than a 'lock all'
I know its already on your liste, but I simply wanted to add my vote for those features!
Great App, deserve a lot of praise.

nordickvr wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 6:13 pm I know its already on your liste, but I simply wanted to add my vote for those features!
Great App, deserve a lot of praise.
😎🙏🏻

sample start modulation would be a great addition for this... :)

Should also add, great idea and something that'll be great for inspiration and creativity sparks.

Got my seal of approval too!

wilx wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 6:21 pm sample start modulation would be a great addition for this... :)
You mean as in an offset, like humanize? Or only in the sample playback?

would love it if portamento was added to get some silly note bending going

emef wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 6:40 pm would love it if portamento was added to get some silly note bending going
on the list! Please use the feature suggestions forms in Rando to get everything centralized and upvotable! 🙏🏻

Return to “Instruments”