VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Oh, the Reaktor fun!!

Screenshot 2023-11-27 at 2.31.54 PM.png
https://www.blinksonic.com

Screenshot 2023-11-27 at 2.32.33 PM.png
https://www.toyboxaudio.com
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Duality without regard to physicality

:?
The art of knowing is knowing what to ignore.

Picked this up 2nd hand and shout out to the kvr member who gave me a steal of a price on it. Nice present on Christmas right there, I appreciate the little kindness like that on JC's alleged birthday.

In any case, poking around on the Reaktor user library pages @ NI I came across this, Idk if it's been mentioned yet. Doesn't come with many presets but maybe that's a good thing in some ways but regardless, it sounds amazing.

Atmorph RMX + MB https://www.native-instruments.com/en/r ... how/13093/

EvilDragon wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 2:15 am That is not really possible for a number of reasons, including dependencies on 3rd party libraries which are not open source, and internal NI libraries which will never be open source.
Beyond the fact that many Reaktor ensembles have worked quite well in linux/wine/reaper for ages, there is lots of open-source code to start making a reaktor-type modular, but coders with both an interest, and the needed man-hours, are in short supply. A big problem with linux/open-source is that open-source and open-wallet are often like oil and water :dog: It's commercial success that makes Reaktor viable for ensemble designers to share their great creations.

I'm not a coder, but PD, vcv-rack (Cardinal version) and C-sound exist, and the multi-timbral yoshimi/zynaddsubfx system is pretty good for many things. But even if the best parts of those (and things I'm unaware of) could be blended to be reaktor-like, the number of people who would make great use of the result is still pretty small. $chicken$ or $egg$ ?
Cheers

My fetches and servitors inform me that glokraw wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 4:01 pmzynaddsubfx
I remember that one; I wonder if it still has the metaphysical EULA (i.e., having to be a Bible-thumper to use it).
Wait... loot _then_ burn? D'oh!

There are new versions without that admonition, and the long running derivative Yoshimi get's lots of updates, and it's main developer has maintained almost 100% sounds compatibility, while adding features that he and others desired, in a bit of a different direction than those pursued by the current zynaddsubfx coders. So having both may be desirable. A new more modern gui was developed for zyn a while back, while Yoshimi now has scalable windows for the traditional gui,
greatly easing the edit and creation of new sounds. I opened and enlarged the additive editor in the pic, with Yoshimi as an lv2 plugin hosted in linux Reaper:

yoshimi0scaled.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

c0nsilience wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 12:36 pm Oh, the Reaktor fun!!

blinksonic screenshot
welp seems like they removed a bunch of products from their page. I bought a couple back in the day and the dl link in my email still works but not a huge fan of entire swaths of products just disappearing, esp when they're paid products.

Still used reaktor heavily in my last track. Man this plugin really always finds it's way back into my workflow
Techno and other adjacent genres
Horse On The Third Floor : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyL394 ... n4RdaCYHjA

HOTF wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 6:55 pm Still used reaktor heavily in my last track. Man this plugin really always finds it's way back into my workflow
I noticed myself going back a lot too, but I also seems to have audible distracting clicks and pops with a lot of ensembles. I try changing sample rate and buffer size but it doesn't go away. Do other people experience this at all? It's only in Reaktor, otherwise I'd suspect my audio interface. And I'm talking about when the CPU is only at 20% or less.

One example is rachMiel's pS gLitch. And I believe it also happens with the reskinned version by Bolle in the UL.

Return to “Instruments”