Arturia Spark 2 - Will Never Be M1

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Examigan wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 8:49 pm @Kross2 check it out here:
https://www.arturia.com/products/drums/spark2/overview
You want me to revisit the error page again? What will that accomplish? Someone else recently posted that he received the error message as well.

Check my previous post.

use the menu to go to products, software instruments, other, spark 2.
if the page was not there it would throw a 404 error, not a 500.
Still a waste of time. Check the computer luke.

When I go to that page via "My Account"...I managed to get to the Resources part, but when I clicked on the download cloud icon, I received the same error message. Yesterday, I deleted the Spark 2 installer and since I don't have access to the download on the website currently, I can't even begin to trouble-shoot this problem.

unless you only deleted the installer, but did not uninstall the software..

drsyncenstein wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:16 pm use the menu to go to products, software instruments, other, spark 2.
Should this guy check his computer also?

Looking for trouble, or can you keep it civilized?

Kross2 wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:23 pm
drsyncenstein wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:16 pm use the menu to go to products, software instruments, other, spark 2.

After that I mentioned to check my previous post.
Here it is again:
https://www.arturia.com/products/drums/spark2/details

I don't work for Arturia, I'm just trying to help.

Kross2 wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:23 pm

the page works, no prob.

and via the ASC, you can download Spark 2, without problems.

it still there, and working. and with the old CDM controller, well a great combi, too old for a new version, alas. but Spark 2 will work for 10 years? or more?

Thanks to Wasteland for reminding me of using the Software Manager to re-download the Spark 2 file(I've been so stressed out over this mess, I wasn't thinking clearly.) My PC's c-drive has 128GB of memory and my Data drive has 1TB....so I had to adjust storage setting under the Preferences section of Arturia's Software Manager.
I looked into my Program Files(X86) and found the Spark 2 dll there, so I copy & pasted the folder into my Arturia folder within Program Files. I then went into my preferences within my Reason 10 DAW and added the folder.
After that, I re-launched my DAW and Spark 2 still doesn't appear. I then checked my Mixcraft 9 DAW and nothing there either.
Whatever I may be doing wrong still, is a mystery to me.....

Not sure what you did exactly, but it looks like you don't know what you are doing and messing it up even more.
Does the standalone version work now?
If not, then uninstall Spark and re-install. Best by hand from the Arturia downloads folder. Watch for the vst64 path. But read text below first.

- the screenshots with paths starting with C:\Program Files\Arturia\ have little to do with the plugins. If it's correctly installed (for plugins without standalone version) there is just an uninstaller in it. C:\Program Files (x86)\Arturia\Spark\ contains the files for the 32 bit standalone version of Spark. After uninstalling it should be empty or gone. If not, do it by hand.
- The paths you set in Reason for the plugins are a mess. If you set everything up properly you only need one directory for 32 bit vst plugins, one for 64 bit vst and one for vst3. So not a different folder for each plugin or plugin brand.
Because of this I would not be surprised if only the vst3 files on your pc are working. Which might be why you think everything works. Since Spark is just vst2 that could be the reason it's not working.
- You added the directory for the standalone version to the pluginpath, that could be a problem.
- I can only see the 32 bit vst path you set for Spark. But reason does not support 32 bit.
https://help.reasonstudios.com/hc/en-us ... -in-Reason
- Even if the 64 bit path you set in ASC is included in the Reason pluginpath, it's still a mess.
- Read this https://helpcenter.steinberg.de/hc/en-u ... on-Windows.
Then settle on a folder for the 64 bit vst2 plugins, set ASC to those paths and stick to them for all your plugins. Make sure you only install the 64 bits vsts in that directory.
Add it to Reasons plugin path and remove all the other plugin paths in Reason.
If a plugin now fails you can always activate that path again. But it's better to clear all the mess by uninstalling and installing into the right folders.

For some reason....all of this mess began when I downloaded Spark 2 via the Software Center, as it was not installed correctly through there. Now that Arturia's Error 500 has been cleared up, I download the installer from the web page...ran it and everything fell into place, as Spark is now in my Reason 10.
When I began clicking the pads via my mouse, I received a message saying that I have to reconfigure my midi settings(I'm assuming this relates to having the ability to play the drums sounds on my keybed?) I'm a little concerned about this, as I've been laying down drum tracks via my keyboard keys for the last 35 years or so and drum pads are just awkward to use. Since this software was originally designed in conjunction with the Spark hardware, I am worried I may have made the wrong choice.
I'll have to dig into the PDF manual, but if anyone could give me a heads up about this, I would appreciate this.
My thanks to drsyncnstein, for the detailed overview on filepaths.

I just went into the preferences of the Spark 2 app & chose the general midi settings...simple enough, thankfully.

Return to “Instruments”