Modalics new drum plugin MINDst

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Another option that seems to work well for other companies to sell a "Lite" version for, like, $10 or $20 and then offer a discount to upgrade to the full version. That way people who are interested can try it out at minimal cost without you having to just eat the server costs.

robelanator wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 2:57 pm Another option that seems to work well for other companies to sell a "Lite" version for, like, $10 or $20 and then offer a discount to upgrade to the full version. That way people who are interested can try it out at minimal cost without you having to just eat the server costs.
Right, I've seen that happen, usually they do something like offer the lowest-end kit or something. We only have one very detailed and very high end kit at the moment, so it might take a while until we're able to produce a "cheaper" kit we'll feel comfortable selling at any price.

Having that said we do provide a lot of sound demos on our SoundCloud, YouTube, etc, and we never refuse a refund if someone isn't happy with the quality of our products (fortunately that happened very rarely with our products, MINDst Drums included).
Musician and audio plugins developer. https://www.modalics.com

innervisions wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 3:04 pm
robelanator wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 2:57 pm Another option that seems to work well for other companies to sell a "Lite" version for, like, $10 or $20 and then offer a discount to upgrade to the full version. That way people who are interested can try it out at minimal cost without you having to just eat the server costs.
Right, I've seen that happen, usually they do something like offer the lowest-end kit or something. We only have one very detailed and very high end kit at the moment, so it might take a while until we're able to produce a "cheaper" kit we'll feel comfortable selling at any price.

Having that said we do provide a lot of sound demos on our SoundCloud, YouTube, etc, and we never refuse a refund if someone isn't happy with the quality of our products (fortunately that happened very rarely with our products, MINDst Drums included).
I don´t doubt the sound is good, it´s rather about CPU-usage and whether it works stable on someone´s system or generally whether it runs on your system.

DCrown wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 3:43 pm
innervisions wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 3:04 pm

I don´t doubt the sound is good, it´s rather about CPU-usage and whether it works stable on someone´s system or generally whether it runs on your system.
Right, that's very understandable. Hopefully once we have the SD samples support this is exactly what you will be able to be able to experience with our trial. We should get it done soon I hope!

From what we've seen the CPU usage of MINDst drums isn't too bad at all, but the main issues some people are experiencing is when they try to load samples from a non-SSD drive. Using an internal/external SSD usually works well for people who got it so far.
Musician and audio plugins developer. https://www.modalics.com

will it run inside of reason 12 ? or renoise?
how about bitwig?
i am running an ancient but sturdy af (2009) iMac with High Sierra and 16mb of ram
Brev Sullivan's shed videos brought me here btw
peace

>> will it run inside of reason 12 ?

Yes, it will run, but, at least for me in reason 12.7.1 on macOS, on removal or quitting it seems to crash reason ... its internal sequencer/ midi player does not seem to work, but you can drag&drop midi from it into the reason sequencer.

Update
Seems with the latest version of MINDST the issues in Reason seems fixed

This looks really cool. I own beat scholar and was wondering how they integrate. What I’m looking to do is cook up some fusion rhythms that I can jam to and write to. Thing is that I’m not great at programming this style of drums yet so I’d need the sequencer to help me out.

Is the integration between the 2 programs pretty simple to setup?

Also is anyone making drum breaks with this software?

stash98 wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 5:08 pm This looks really cool. I own beat scholar and was wondering how they integrate. What I’m looking to do is cook up some fusion rhythms that I can jam to and write to. Thing is that I’m not great at programming this style of drums yet so I’d need the sequencer to help me out.

Is the integration between the 2 programs pretty simple to setup?

Also is anyone making drum breaks with this software?
It's fairly easy to setup, you simply need to route MIDI from Beat Scholar into MINDst in your DAW and then set the MIDI Map preset in MINDst to the Beat Scholar preset. That should take care of it.

Keep in mind that some Beat Scholar presets would require a bit of tweaking. Anyway it's a fun way to cook up some interesting beats, especially if you use the randomizer :)

If you need any help setting up just contact us at info@modalics.com and we'll help you out.

Return to “Instruments”