Plugin Boutiques Beatport Access app on Mac OS is a mess

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Odear.
Last edited by Smasha on Sun Jan 07, 2024 12:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sigh.

Plugin Boutique support did indeed send me a downloadable copy that installed fine.

Does Beatport get rid of your PAID plugins if you don't login after 3 days?

Hate clicking on pics of busses or cars all the time.

My rent to own plugin expired.

You have to login all the time otherwise the rented plugin expires.

Sigh.

Another scam.

kidslow wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 7:29 am I cannot find another vendor in my Plugin Boutique purchase history subject to Beatport Access installation other than Inphonik. Inphonik has very simple installers when purchased directly, and in the past on Plugin Boutique. Has anyone successfully gotten a separate downloader from Plugin Boutique by contacting their support, per the fine print on the product page?
If you purchased RX1200 after October 26th 2023, please contact our Customer Care team and we'll be able to provide you with a direct installer for your software.
I made a support request to PB for a separate installer immediately after purchase and attached that atrocity they tried to foist down on me 11243_Plugin+Boutique+-+Beatport+Access+-+Mac+0.10.3-master-1047.pkg ... to the request. Call it an act of protest. I also made it clear that if they persist in making me use that for updates, I will take my business elsehwere. Don't know who they are trying to help or protect, but I know it's not me.

I separately made a request to Matheiu at Inphonik through his website, requesting a means to transfer those licenses purchased through PB to his sendowl system and download my licensed updates directly from him in the future. I notice PB is one release behind for RX950, at least on the update page they show me compared to his release notes 1.1.2 vs 1.1.3. They are often behind. I didn't install their malware to find out if it's up to date, which would be the one useful function it should have. In the future I will purchase Inphonik plugins directly from the developer.
Let me know what Inphonik says, I've been meaning to email them for the same purpose. f**king BPA is a joke, I thought something had gone wrong on their site when the package I clicked to download (RX950) was Beatport Access instead.

mirDR wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 12:34 pm Let me know what Inphonik says, I've been meaning to email them for the same purpose. f**king BPA is a joke, I thought something had gone wrong on their site when the package I clicked to download (RX950) was Beatport Access instead.
Inphonik never responded, but I suspect my email was buried in holiday delivery, and I never followed up. PB did provide just a download without the Beatport Access malware.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”