How are you listening?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I forget who gave the quote but it's something a kin to Producers and Musicians listen through speakers to hear the music whereas audiophiles listen to music to hear their sound system.

Can you truly enjoy your listening experience if your purpose is to analyze the music?

I've got a pair of adequate nearfield FRFR powered desktop monitors. I listen to everything on them. I over analyze my performance and I over analyze my mix. They are fine.

On the other hand I've got a JBL Extreme 3 bluetooth surround speaker that to my ears is the greatest aural pleasure I've ever known. Maybe I'm missing out on something. Or maybe I should just swap speakers. the only person who listens to my music is me.
Dell Vostro i9 64GB Ram Windows 11 Pro, Cubase, Bitwig, Mixcraft Guitar Pod Go, Linntrument Nektar P1, Novation Launchpad

I listen on my old JVC/Rotel hi-fi system, Genelec monitors & iLoud monitors as well as my Audio Technica & Akai headphones ... when I am checking mixes and enjoy the listen, the mix is ready for mastering & release imho. I enjoy listening to commercial releases on the same setup, but mainly on the hifi or the Genelec 2.1 system.

At the moment, I use the Shure KSE1500 for both music consumption and production.

Beyerdynamic dt 700 pro x for production and listening sometimes, but mostly I listen and check my mixes on my AirPod pros or my car which has a pretty decent system I put in it but it’s not running at the moment

Right now, cheap headphones or cheap bluetooth speaker. Or just the speaker on my phone.
"The Law speaks too softly to be heard amid the din of arms." -- Gaius Marius {Roman consul,soldier}

Usually my desktop monitors/headphones. Dynaudio BM5As into RME FF802. Beyerdynamic 770s.
Or Sony BT cans with my iPhone.
Or Polk Audio R700s going into a Cambridge amplifier/cd setup. That's what our telly is hooked up to.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

German Maestro GMP 8.35D cans.

Anker SoundCore 2 Bluetooth stereo speaker for listening in bed.

sometimes i use cheap earbuds for netflix
and over that i use cheap headphones for reaper

most of the time, i use cheap desktop monitor speakers
not hi-fi here
i don't even have ella fitzgerald music
and i definitely don't have even one champagne glass
ah böwakawa poussé poussé

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”