Amigo Sampler - 8-Bit Amiga Style Sampler Plugin

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

stash98 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:05 pm ...an Akai S1000 producer...
Akai S1000? As in 16-bit / 44.1kHz Akai S1000?

Sacrilege! This is an 8-bit sampler thread.
Last edited by I-Quit on Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:37 pm, edited 3 times in total.

ilchef-potenzadsp wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:31 am Somone said earlier if the loop marker had to move with the end marker, and im afraid this has to be the case, this allows all values of start, end and loop to be valid and is what allows them to be automatable.
Would be nice if the loop point moved linearly with the end point, that would allow users to cycle through loops. Would also be nice if start, end, and loop points could be controlled by CC’s.

I-Quit wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:18 pm
stash98 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:05 pm ...an Akai S1000 producer...
Akai S1000? As in 16bit / 44.1KHz Akai S1000?

Sacrilege! This is an 8bit sampler thread.
In the video he makes a track with just Amigo and says he will probably use that moving forward for his productions. Very good jungle producer. Embrace limitations.

Embrace limitations.

Embracing them wholeheartedly when it makes sense. When there's limitations out of spite, then, you know, rather not?

What are you even talking about? lol. You made your own narrative up. Anyway I don’t want to read it so I’ll ignore.

stash98 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:12 pm What are you even talking about? lol. You made your own narrative up. Anyway I don’t want to read it so I’ll ignore.
Nooooooo :(

very nice sampler, time to cut some breakzzzzzz
aliasing plugin owner
:?

Here's something I threw together. It has 3 instances of Amigo and I used Maschine in MPC60 mode for the stereo samples:

https://soundcloud.com/eric-dahlberg-2/ ... al_sharing

Sad there is no export sample option...

Can Audacity do this? Downsample to 22KHz and 8-bit... perhaps with batch processing for several samples?

guys i just copied the VST3 file in my folder but for what is this CONTENTS folder including this file?

didnt copy this but the plugin still works fine.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Caine123 wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:38 am guys i just copied the VST3 file in my folder but for what is this CONTENTS folder including this file?

didnt copy this but the plugin still works fine.
You need to copy whole *.vst3 folder instead of *.vst3 file :tu:

Windows: Windows 8 or higher (64 bit host)
Has anyone tried it on Win 7?

A friend sent me a copy of Amigo last night and I couldnt resist to buy my license. The prize they are asking for this amazing plug in is the best anti piracy protection.
This devs are top level. Congrats.

I REALLY love Amigo. :D

I bought it for the default £12 (incl. VAT), but will likely re-purchase again at a much higher amount, to help donate further towards its development, as this plugin is worth much more than the minimum current asking price, imho.

Some little things, I would love to see added to future updates of Amigo:

CLAP format version (to future-proof this wonderful plugin and work of nostalgia, for both current and future generations).

Auto Transpose Pitch option (to auto-correct the pitch value, of any imported one-shot instrument samples, that were recorded at incorrect pitch).

Recall last-used GUI-resize state setting (or a way for user to manually save their preferred GUI size).

User Presets - to Save/Load favourite (often-used) sampler settings.

Great plugin, buy now!

ampetrosillo wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:42 pm
ilchef-potenzadsp wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:31 am
Guenon wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:11 am
Lotuz2019 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:30 am Are the start and end locators of the sample editor automatable parameters or can they only be operated by mouse?
They show as automation targets, and the actual played back start and end position do change based on how they are controlled from the DAW, but the markers do not move visually in the GUI to reflect where the start and end positions actually are if you control them like that.
This is fixed in the latest developement version, coming soon in version 1.0.1,
Somone said earlier if the loop marker had to move with the end marker, and im afraid this has to be the case, this allows all values of start, end and loop to be valid and is what allows them to be automatable.
I actually bought it despite the samplerate limitation (but it is what it is), but one thing that is kinda frustrating is that the start, end and loop markers do not move smoothly but apparently move a bit randomly. If you want to try and set a loop point onto a zero crossing it's basically impossible. It jumps back and forth with little reason to it. On old Amiga samplers you usually had the option to set loop points with a number (so sample by sample).
All of the sample points, i.e slice points, start/end etc. are zero crossing. I am going to make it toggleable, but by default all of the points are zero crossing.
MrJubbly wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:37 am I REALLY love Amigo. :D

I bought it for the default £12 (incl. VAT), but will likely re-purchase again at a much higher amount, to help donate further towards its development, as this plugin is worth much more than the minimum current asking price, imho.

Some little things, I would love to see added to future updates of Amigo:

CLAP format version (to future-proof this wonderful plugin and work of nostalgia, for both current and future generations).

Auto Transpose Pitch option (to auto-correct the pitch value, of any imported one-shot instrument samples, that were recorded at incorrect pitch).

Recall last-used GUI-resize state setting (or a way for user to manually save their preferred GUI size).

User Presets - to Save/Load favourite (often-used) sampler settings.

Great plugin, buy now!
Thank you for the kind words :phones: I appreciate it a lot.

- CLAP support would be very nice. There is some integration with juce but I have entertained the idea of rewriting it specifically for CLAP. I would love for an open source standard to be industry leading.
- We have no plans to implement this. Most daws have tuners and we really believe in the old school way of pitching a sample by ear (or with tuner) with the pitch and finetune.
- This is coming in version 1.0.1 :+1:
- Most DAWs have a system for saving presets, no matter the plugin. Maybe you could do it from there? :)

Return to “Instruments”