[FREE] ConvertWithMoss - convert from/to WAV,Bitwig,SFZ,SF2,DecentSampler,MPC/Force,Wave-/Modwave/KMP,NKI,EXS) v8.5.1

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

audiojunkie wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 5:00 pm
mccy wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 2:25 pm
mudi1974 wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:54 am
mccy wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 10:21 pm The argument for TX16WX is, that it has very very nice building workflow for programs and the format is completely open to look at... and: TX16WX is by far the best actual (in developement) freeware sampler in my opinion.
Can't TX16WX load SFZ directly? Why do you need a converter?
My interest is the other way round: TX16WX is a GREAT program-builder... But it can't save as SFZ...
Ooh! That would be nice!!! A opcode heaving conversion from TX16Wx to high quality SFZ is definitely needed, and would be GREATLY appreciated!!! Imagine--a visual way to create SFZ files!!!!

A BIG plus 1 for this request!!

You can use my TX2SFZ converter in the meanwhile… I did it with flowstone & ruby. If anyone could point me to how I could contribute to MOSS with my low level of knowledge in programming, I would give it a try…

Hi!

I've just downloaded and installed the latest version of ConvertWithMoss on my Windows 10, and I've got a few questions to ask.

1. I read through the manual as recommended and I've tried to install it in the normal way, but it seems that I missed something because it's not working properly.
There's a part mentioned in the manual that there's something called "Build from Source".
Is ConvertWithMoss a program that needs to be installed by building it from the Source?
And do I in that case need to have a JAVA-program running on my computer to fix the problem?

2. The main problem I have is that the .nki-files that I try to convert do not convert anything at all.
One problem is that when I try to convert one of the .nki-files the program says: Could not create multisample: Cannot invoke "de.mossgrabers.convertwithmoss.core.model.ISampleData.writeSample(java.io.OutputStream)" because "sampleData" is null.
This happens every time I try to convert the .nki-file to a different type of file.
Does that mean that there is a problem with the file I'm trying to convert, or once again a pointer that I need to install a JAVA-program on my computer?

3. Another problem I have with a different .nki-file is that it's doing the programming but it always ends on the following: Detected Kontakt Container format (created with Kontakt 5.8.1.43) - Little-Endian.
After the programming is "done" it enables the Close button, but when I try to see if something has been created to my destination I have always noted that it hasn't created anything.
This also happens every time I try to convert the .nki-file to a different type of file.
Is there something that I've missed when trying to convert the file? 'Cause it seems like it's working in some way but it always ends with nothing being created at all.

I should mention that in both cases I've tried to analyze if there's a problem before running it, but the results always show pretty much little to none problem whatsoever.

Don't think the program is broken because I have tried it on .xpm-files as well, and the converter did convert all of them to the designated files and their destination.

Bear in mind, I'm new to this kind of program and I understand if I misunderstood something when installing it. I'm just trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong.

All-in-all, I like the idea and concept of this program and can not wait for further updates. Keep up the good work! :tu:

Hi, great work!
any chance to include the Waldorf Quantum/Iridium .map format in the future?

@UnknownMusic888: Regarding your #2 problem, are you by any chance trying to convert a commercial Kontakt library, of the type that has to be installed using NI Access and a license code?

If so, it isn't possible. The samples of that kind of library are protected with proprietary encryption.
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

@Spitfire31: I don't think it's a Commercial Kontakt Library because the creator did this instrument as a Freebie, and it wasn't mentioned that I needed NI Access and a license code to install it. Couldn't find a license code for the instrument either for that matter.

I do need to have a Full Kontakt Player to play it without the Demo sign over it, but it's not supposed to be a Commercial Kontakt Library.

mccy wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:00 am
mccy wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 10:21 pm The argument for TX16WX is, that it has very very nice building workflow for programs and the format is completely open to look at... and: TX16WX is by far the best actual (in developement) freeware sampler in my opinion.
My interest is the other way round: TX16WX is a GREAT program-builder... But it can't save as SFZ...
Ooh! That would be nice!!! A opcode heaving conversion from TX16Wx to high quality SFZ is definitely needed, and would be GREATLY appreciated!!! Imagine--a visual way to create SFZ files!!!!

You can use my TX2SFZ converter in the meanwhile… I did it with flowstone & ruby. If anyone could point me to how I could contribute to MOSS with my low level of knowledge in programming, I would give it a try…
Cool! Thank you! I'd love it if you assisted with getting it into Moss's converter too! :)
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
I found this document of incantations for the Akai S5/6000 samplers: https://burnit.co.uk/AKPspec/ (https://burnit.co.uk/AKPspec/)
Can this be used to support the samplers in ConvertWithMoss?

UnknownMusic888 wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:29 pm Hi!

I've just downloaded and installed the latest version of ConvertWithMoss on my Windows 10, and I've got a few questions to ask.

1. I read through the manual as recommended and I've tried to install it in the normal way, but it seems that I missed something because it's not working properly.
There's a part mentioned in the manual that there's something called "Build from Source".
Is ConvertWithMoss a program that needs to be installed by building it from the Source?
And do I in that case need to have a JAVA-program running on my computer to fix the problem?

2. The main problem I have is that the .nki-files that I try to convert do not convert anything at all.
One problem is that when I try to convert one of the .nki-files the program says: Could not create multisample: Cannot invoke "de.mossgrabers.convertwithmoss.core.model.ISampleData.writeSample(java.io.OutputStream)" because "sampleData" is null.
This happens every time I try to convert the .nki-file to a different type of file.
Does that mean that there is a problem with the file I'm trying to convert, or once again a pointer that I need to install a JAVA-program on my computer?

3. Another problem I have with a different .nki-file is that it's doing the programming but it always ends on the following: Detected Kontakt Container format (created with Kontakt 5.8.1.43) - Little-Endian.
After the programming is "done" it enables the Close button, but when I try to see if something has been created to my destination I have always noted that it hasn't created anything.
This also happens every time I try to convert the .nki-file to a different type of file.
Is there something that I've missed when trying to convert the file? 'Cause it seems like it's working in some way but it always ends with nothing being created at all.

I should mention that in both cases I've tried to analyze if there's a problem before running it, but the results always show pretty much little to none problem whatsoever.

Don't think the program is broken because I have tried it on .xpm-files as well, and the converter did convert all of them to the designated files and their destination.

Bear in mind, I'm new to this kind of program and I understand if I misunderstood something when installing it. I'm just trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong.

All-in-all, I like the idea and concept of this program and can not wait for further updates. Keep up the good work! :tu:
Can you send me example files for 2) and 3)? They are not encrypted since this would have been written in the log. PM me.

aleks711 wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:33 pm Hi, great work!
any chance to include the Waldorf Quantum/Iridium .map format in the future?
I have no plans for this.

audiojunkie wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:39 pm
mccy wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:00 am

Cool! Thank you! I'd love it if you assisted with getting it into Moss's converter too! :)
The format is pretty well documented. So this will happen in the near future. If someone can point me to some example files, this would be helpful.

trebleMono wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:39 am I found this document of incantations for the Akai S5/6000 samplers: https://burnit.co.uk/AKPspec/
Can this be used to support the samplers in ConvertWithMoss?
I don't think that I will ever look into hardware samplers.

moss wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:25 am

Can you send me example files for 2) and 3)? They are not encrypted since this would have been written in the log. PM me.
Okey! Do you just want the .nki-files or do you want all the files related to those two Kontakt Instruments?

'Cause I can send them all so that you can analyze them if you want to.

UnknownMusic888 wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 11:57 am
moss wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:25 am

Okey! Do you just want the .nki-files or do you want all the files related to those two Kontakt Instruments?

'Cause I can send them all so that you can analyze them if you want to.
The samples as well.

moss wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:29 am I don't think that I will ever look into hardware samplers.
Would you be interested in doing Amiga samples? It seems to be well documented and is needed by the new Amigo sampler (which seems to only read loop points from Amiga and Akai sample files).

Uncle E wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:17 pm
moss wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:29 am I don't think that I will ever look into hardware samplers.
Would you be interested in doing Amiga samples? It seems to be well documented and is needed by the new Amigo sampler (which seems to only read loop points from Amiga and Akai sample files).
Not really.

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”