Anybody knows what happened to Ronan Fed? Everything has been deleted

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Ronan Fed wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 3:10 pm I never said that I don't want you to use my plugins, on the contrary, I am happy that you use them.
What I said was that there will be no official downloads from now on.
And I do not recommend downloading files from strange sites over which I have no control.
Just drop the installer and release a portable zip. A separate installation for each plugin is insane anyway. Or put it on github. Or sell it via pluginboutique for $5 for the entire collection - that's like free.

Hello, with all due respect to Ronan, does anyone else have installers or archives with Ronan plugins? My hard drive crashed and I lost my entire collection of plugins, including Ronan's masterpieces (Pneuma, Essence Plus)
Because of this, I can't finish my work.
Please contact me or comment if you have one. Thank you!

gruust wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 6:26 pm
martiu wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 7:11 pm hi, make no install, just to copy folders, thanks :?
yes, indeed. installers are annoying AF. I prefer a portable plugin directory that's easy to copy/backup/restore.

or just release sources on github.
It's synthedit or flowstone, so no sources as such

alexmonster8 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:51 pm Hello, with all due respect to Ronan, does anyone else have installers or archives with Ronan plugins? My hard drive crashed and I lost my entire collection of plugins, including Ronan's masterpieces (Pneuma, Essence Plus)
Because of this, I can't finish my work.
Please contact me or comment if you have one. Thank you!
You don't have to write to me, I found the installers.
Thanks Ronan!

gruust wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 6:30 pm
Ronan Fed wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 3:10 pm I never said that I don't want you to use my plugins, on the contrary, I am happy that you use them.
What I said was that there will be no official downloads from now on.
And I do not recommend downloading files from strange sites over which I have no control.
Just drop the installer and release a portable zip. A separate installation for each plugin is insane anyway. Or put it on github. Or sell it via pluginboutique for $5 for the entire collection - that's like free.
Ronan Fed does not respond to pm so I dont know where i can find his plugins?

Thank you, mr. Ronan Fed.

Wanted to say thanks to Ronan Fed for Pneuma. The layout is intuitive and aesthetically pleasing and it sounds incredible. I'm sorry you've had to deal with all that negativity and and bs from Youtube but please know that your work is highly appreciated.

That being said, I also wanted to address this:

Since there is no official host for downloading Pneuma that forces people to go to "strange sites" to download it. So you cannot really blame people for doing so. I only discovered the original Pneuma because of plugins4free, and fortunately I was able to get Pneuma Pro on another site, but not after putting up with silly captcha and download restrictions. I humbly suggest hosting Pneuma/Pneuma Pro on a reputable host like Mediafire and linking it here so that at least people can still use it.

Forgive me for being dramatic, but Pneuma is worth preserving just as Beethoven's music is.

Thunderjay wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:03 pmPneuma is worth preserving just as Beethoven's music is.
Oh wow, that much!?!?
:ud:

Monsieur_FyP wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:58 pm
Thunderjay wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:03 pmPneuma is worth preserving just as Beethoven's music is.
Oh wow, that much!?!?
:ud:
Well, that line was probably a bit hyperbolic but Pneuma is definitely my favorite synth for sure :D

Sorry for my ignorance here but, who is that Ronan Fed…?
In music business for more than 30 years now and ever heard that name before…
Is that some kind of mythical persona? Mythical creature or AI generated one?
Very intriguing…

mdx4ever wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 11:43 am Sorry for my ignorance here but, who is that Ronan Fed…?
In music business for more than 30 years now and ever heard that name before…
Is that some kind of mythical persona? Mythical creature or AI generated one?
Very intriguing…
Ronan means “little seal”.
So he might be a killer whale, I'm not sure.
Don't ever be disrespectful of killer whales!
(Especially if you're a little seal)

I have the latest pneuma installer that Ronan released on his drive, and I will keep it like a f*kin treasure for ever.

Such an amazing synth

Whelp, Ronan Fed officially asked if I could lock this thread and I'll abide by his wishes. Sad day. :(

Return to “Instruments”