Behringer Vintage Plugin

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

DashOfLime wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:29 am
concealed identity wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 9:54 pm Tone2 made a piece of software that goes bleep bloop. Did they pay everyone else who made software or hardware that makes bleep bloop noises? What about the inventor of the oscillator? No? Then they're hypocrites. Now all Behringer is doing is releasing a software that goes bleep bloop, how can you say that Tone2 invented that? Tone2 didn't invent software, or synthesizers, or colors, or pixels, so I don't even need to look at the two pieces of software to draw my false equivalencies.
I love word salad...
I thought it might have been more understandable if I had also added "blorp", but I'm not sure how many synths can actually do that. Maybe that's an untapped market Behringer could go for?

IvyBirds wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 3:23 am
audiojunkie wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 1:27 am
I’m going to take a wild guess that you are under twenty. :wink:
The hypothesis that everyone who doesn't hate Behringer is some kind of ignorant young whippersnapper is dead wrong

I don't hate them and I am a grandfather in my mid 50s

What I hate is the elitism often displayed and if people think that synth manufacturers are all non profit companies with the exception of Behringer who is the devil

From my perspective more people owning more instruments and more gear to make more music can only be a good thing

Did Behringer make some really crappy gear? Sure they did. Did Yamaha, Roland, Moog, Korg and every other company make some really crappy gear? Sure

Does pretty much every company make stuff in Asia? Sure.

If the country club crowd wants to sit around looking down at people and talking about how only only company can use knobs, square buttons, or fake wood grain on plugins well that just makes them look silly

You're missing there point, as is everyone who doesn't see any problem with using another companies design department as your own. Let's just use a non-technical issue, the look and feel of a product, which applies to soda cans and ceiling fans, wallpaper and furniture. If a company chooses not to create their own "look and feels" but takes another easily recognizable look and feel, it's not a victimless crime. Otherwise ShopRite could make their cola cans look exactly like Coke cans, and the estate of Donald Judd, whose designs were knocked off by a cheap manufacturer who sold them to Kim Kardashian, would just shrug their shoulders and say, that's life. Forget about the circuit designers. If you've ever known anyone who has toiled for years in a graphic design department, coming up with new, individual graphic designs that represent their company and give people an image to hang on to, you'd understand why making a blatant visual rip off of another person's work, is not something that should be given a pass because the world is a place where this kind if thing happens. You see the pedals that are so laughably knockoffs visually of Boss pedals and you think, it's a big corporation, nobody was hurt, no one loses, but that's incorrect. There was a person who created the Boss look and feel, and they were paid by Boss and not by Behringer. If Behringer paid the original designer whose work they used it would be a different story. But they don't.

The easiest way to out this to a musician is: if you wrote songs that became hits in the U.S., and someone told you that regardless of what legal means you took so that you could benefit, anyone else can take your song, make a copycat recording, and release it all over the world and you shouldn't be disappointed or even surprised, you say no, I'm fighting that.

We're not talking about Asian counterfeits or Asian 80% copies like Chibson guitars, manufactured under the radar, We're talking about someone who puts himself high in the public eye and says F you, why hire a design staff when I can use your designs? People who are OK with that usually have never run a business or created a product they wanted to make a living off of.

Examigan wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 11:47 pm I wonder why they took down the page if there’s no problem with it?
Bugfixes. (apparently it was calling home)

Should be back by the weekend.

It's a deliberate strategy- Stir the pot to garner controversy. Go-to move for companies that can't innovate or make proper products.

If they had released this with a non-plagiarized GUI then people would've just forgotten about it after 5 minutes.

kritikon wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 3:26 am I bought one of their mixers recently (should have known better), and tbh that really is cheap shit. I wouldn't record through it, though useful for standard stuff. But twice as many cheap channels for double the noise :hihi: .

Actually their original stuff tends to be the cheap shit, but the knock-offs are built like tanks and often better than the originals...go figure :shrug:
Their original mixer range X32 is now an industry standard and is extremely good quality and build, there is no system or thread you can follow to determine the wheat from the chaff at Behringer, some stuff is the best in the industry, some is landfill.
They do cover the extremes a lot more than most developers.

It is hilarious watching these threads with so many ethics warriors though, obviously these warriors are sending the posts direct to KVR by carrier pigeon, eating no food, using no pharmaceuticals, never using banks etc etc etc etc infinitum.
Duh

Their X Touch controllers are also very good...especially the Compact :tu:
No auto tune...

Must admit I thought about getting an X mixer, but didn't really want digital. I'd heard they're pretty good though. I can confirm their analogue mixers are still at the same level they used to be. Actually featured packed with tons more than competitors, but still a bit noisy with woolly Eq. But at the price I paid - they are good value and quality at what I should expect - if I expected top shelf quality from a budget mixer, I'd be an idiot. And it does seem plenty of idiots used to expect budget Behringer gear to be same as expensive top quality - that's where their cheap shit reputation comes from, newbs with unrealistic expectations. I don't and shouldn't expect a 22 channel mixer/full inserts/onboardFX/4bus/4aux for NZ$600 to sound like a $5000 Trident.

And they give out nice yellow acid smiley stickers with their gear. I have them plastered all over my desk. It's more than the other tight-arse companies do. :P

bungle wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:37 am
kritikon wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 3:26 am I bought one of their mixers recently (should have known better), and tbh that really is cheap shit. I wouldn't record through it, though useful for standard stuff. But twice as many cheap channels for double the noise :hihi: .

Actually their original stuff tends to be the cheap shit, but the knock-offs are built like tanks and often better than the originals...go figure :shrug:
Their original mixer range X32 is now an industry standard and is extremely good quality and build, there is no system or thread you can follow to determine the wheat from the chaff at Behringer, some stuff is the best in the industry, some is landfill.

It is hilarious watching these threads with so many ethics warriors though, obviously these warriors are sending the posts direct to KVR by carrier pigeon, eating no food, using no pharmaceuticals, never using banks etc etc etc etc infinitum.
It’s not “ethics warriors” for everyone. Some of us actually got burned by purchasing the company’s garbage. Some of us remember when no one in their right mind would use Behringer stuff. The only thing that changed people’s opinion about Behringer was the recreation of classic synths. Yes, companies can change. But bias and opinion takes time to change—there is so much mistrust, based on actual experiences.
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.

shaboogen wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 4:09 am
dartfordyes wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 3:20 am Listen, most movies are inspired by other movies
ie , the plots ,genres etc ,now the characters and story’s are different but a lot use the same ideas etc , a lot of songs have the same chords and tiny bits of melody's borrowed from other songs , inventions that were never finished were then copied and finished and bettered by others , what if a painter copied Leonardo do vinci’s mona lisa but then gave the woman bigger eyes and blonde hair and painted her smiling and called it happy jennifer , would it be the same ?

the behringer swing is not the same as the arturia key step , not exactly, and would some people rather buy the original ? of course because it’s the original piece of art and there not exactly the same

the vintage is not the same as the tone2
i don’t care if they have similarities
they code has not been copied or stolen
it’s just “ inspired by maybe ( even though i don’t think they look the same

diva is ripping off roland and so is tal uno does anyone care ?( no because there just inspired by really )can we stop this madness and just enjoy something ? after all there not actually stealing anything or killing anyone , people will still want mona lisa’s even if happy jennifer’s exist.
You joined 4 days ago and all of your 5 posts are in this thread depending a synth that nobody really cares about.

I guess you were just motivated by how amazing this synth is to join and take up the fight?
if you must know , i joined for the free utopia pack from native instruments but yes i’ve been waiting for the behringer daw for a while , and this post caught my eye , no one cares about 😂 ? do you mean yourself ? i would bet a whole deal that people do really care what behringers next move will be and this synth and if there releasing a daw ,
a whole whole lot of people , let’s see ✌️.

audiojunkie wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:23 pm

It’s not “ethics warriors” for everyone. Some of us actually got burned by purchasing the company’s garbage. Some of us remember when no one in their right mind would use Behringer stuff. The only thing that changed people’s opinion about Behringer was the recreation of classic synths. Yes, companies can change. But bias and opinion takes time to change—there is so much mistrust, based on actual experiences.
if there so shit why are they so big ?
if they burn people so much why they so popular ?
there are loads of companies that sell crap stuff like alesis i had a mixer from them that was ass , and the behringer mixer i had i liked , so it’s subjective yet again , and anyway this is about a synth , yes in the video the presets look shit , yes it’s gone from the website , yes it’s not completly original , but i bet you a £100 you will still download it and try it out on release .

Ethics warriors compromised by life’s essentials, such as having a banking service, necessary pharmaceuticals and access to cheap copies of discontinued analogue synth classics.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

I heard this thing in some youtube videos. Nothing special and either the presets are thrash or the synth is thrash. No way is this in ANY WAY close in sound to even a way older free synth like U-he's Tyrell N6.

This is amateur stuff.

dartfordyes wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:27 pm
audiojunkie wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:23 pm

if there so shit why are they so big ?
if they burn people so much why they so popular ?
there are loads of companies that sell crap stuff like alesis i had a mixer from them that was ass , and the behringer mixer i had i liked , so it’s subjective yet again , and anyway this is about a synth , yes in the video the presets look shit , yes it’s gone from the website , yes it’s not completly original , but i bet you a £100 you will still download it and try it out on release .
That is a bet you would lose. 🙂
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.

RugerioDelStereo wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:39 pm I heard this thing in some youtube videos. Nothing special and either the presets are thrash or the synth is thrash. No way is this in ANY WAY close in sound to even a way older free synth like U-he's Tyrell N6.

This is amateur stuff.
could be the presets , if i was ever making a synth i would at least get 100 presets commissioned by the best to show it off

dartfordyes wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:27 pm but i bet you a £100 you will still download it and try it out on release .
I certainly won't be downloading it... do I get £100?

Return to “Instruments”