Fabfilter Saturn vs stock ableton

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Is Fabfilter Saturn worth it compared to stock ableton plugins?

Yes.

you can get a lot of control out of the Ableton saturator: it's one of the better effects in the package.

because of the multiband support, Saturn can do more things. whether that's worth it to you is the question.

however, you might want to spend some quality time experimenting with some of the more advanced features of the Ableton one. if it's just a sound-quality question, Ableton's saturator is fine as it is.

Well, with the new Roar plugin introduced in Live 12 I actually am not sure, cause that one is truly a step up from Saturator. Maybe watch some YouTube videos about Roar, this should help for you to decide if you need even more features (I personally don't).
proud to produce warezless!
my Trap beatz:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4J14A ... -FzS9TNa2w

No, IMO, Roar is fantastic and ridiculously flexible, like.. it's just comical. imo.
Saturator was and is perfectly fine as well though, imo.

Saturn's price is way too high on its own imo. If you're considering anything from Fabfilter, might as well just get the bundle because individual costs are absurd.

But does it alias

Not Saturn, but I'd recommend Softube Harmonics, around 40$ on sale. Very versatile, actually more of a decapitator alternative. Very efficient and it lives on my master bus too (the transformer mode).
I'm back. Expect new skins & presets shortly!

How to measure Roar :) Have still Saturn 2 but it seems it'll be obsolete soon for me..
Soft Knees - Live 12, Diva, Omnisphere, Slate Digital VSX, TDR, Kush Audio, U-He, PA, Valhalla, Fuse, Pulsar, NI, OekSound etc. on Win11Pro R7950X & RME AiO Pro
https://www.youtube.com/@softknees/videos Music & Demoscene

Roar is pretty kickass and already there. Fabfilter charge too much for all of their offerings.
Tangled roots perplex her ways.

anxiousmofo wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 7:31 pm Roar is pretty kickass and already there. Fabfilter charge too much for all of their offerings.
Many but not all of Fabfilter provide the value for their price. It’s best to purchase during one of their sales twice per year.

Saturn 2 is arguably the best overall multiband saturator.

If you don’t need multiband, just try GSat (free) or SSL X-saturator on sale (under $20).

For distortion, I prefer Blue Cats Destructor, The Scream, or Decimort 2.

Thanks all for the advice!

Return to “Effects”