Big, beautiful bass?

How to make that sound...
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Gotta wait until the bass and drum kit kick in (a little after the one-minute mark).

https://youtu.be/GMmpBsIzaB8?si=hSB4cyOp7n83Zy1A

But how do I get that "kick you in the heart with all the love of God's forgiveness" bass sound? Just makes you surrender and start crying.

There's not much of a kick in the sound. The full bass comes from the "sub" being set very loud.
I'm assuming the engineer has a preference for that (MeToo :)
Even the bass guitar you cant really hear stand out so I assume he EQ'd it A LOT or is enhancing it some other way.
CHOOSX Remakes on my Youtube Channel

CHOOS wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 5:59 am There's not much of a kick in the sound. The full bass comes from the "sub" being set very loud.
I'm assuming the engineer has a preference for that (MeToo :)
Even the bass guitar you cant really hear stand out so I assume he EQ'd it A LOT or is enhancing it some other way.
Hmm...

Out of curiosity, did you listen on your phone?

I only ask because I initially listened to it through my headphones on my PC, but then, when I listened through my earbuds on my iPhone, that's when the bass signals really jumped out at me in such a remarkable, and lovely way.

Yeah we're in agreement. The bass is super full but it's the very lows.
Your iphone buds probably have a low frequency peak in that area making it sound so warm/full
CHOOSX Remakes on my Youtube Channel

CHOOS wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:53 am Yeah we're in agreement. The bass is super full but it's the very lows.
Your iphone buds probably have a low frequency peak in that area making it sound so warm/full
Should I perhaps try to separate certain frequencies to the mid/sides in order to achieve that powerful impression. And if so, which frequency area(s) do you suspect it lies?

The way the title appeared I thought it would be about a fish... Well the guy is playing an upright which is way different from a fretless bass guitar style. The miking of it is way more flexible of course looks like they tame it down coming through so it won't be too prominent... I used to play upright as well as fretless in 70s & 80s...

Nice to see that someone is listening to decent music not playskool notes with tons of FX added or junk construction kits with focus on 'drums'...

Return to “Sound Design”