RC v5 - Strange behaviour

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello,

(MacOS Ventura latest patch release) - M1 PRO)

I am new to RC 5 and like it so far, but I am experiencing some weird behaviour. When I am in composition mode I see the following notes in the track. When I change to Note Editing mode, I use the following.

When I double click and on the phrase I see this.

It is extremely confusing and not sure how to fix this.

I have looked up numerous videos, but not able to get this sorted.

It seems to be hard to edit the notes in RC 5. I am not sure what is happening.

Another issue: When I am creating a new track... I have Volume, Panning enabled... It also shows up. When I click the phrase envelope icon... it all disappears and I can not get it back.

Perhaps I am doing something wrong and you can point me in the right direction.

---something else... is there a tutorial how to set up RC into Logic Pro X?

Cheers,

Nordic Lights
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hello Nordic Light,

welcome to this forum!

The rendered notes that you see under the Composition tab are the result of several operations. First for each note the master track chord or scale is looked up, depending on the note quality. It is important to keep in mind that in RapidComposer notes are typically relative to the master track chord or scale. Then the phrase variations are applied, then the track variations are applied to all phrases in the track.

In Note Editing mode, you can edit the original phrase notes without any phrase or track variations applied, using the master track chords. So the phrase may look slightly differently in Note Editing mode. The Phrase Editor is more comfortable to use, here the phrase is shown using a single chord. It is for designing and testing a phrase with different chords and scales.

The following notes are the same. You see them as different notes because they are relative to the master track chords, which are different for each note.
#1 means the lowest chord note, Bass is the same as #1 (by default, unless there is a slash note).

So if you open the same phrase in the Phrase Editor where it is displayed with a single chord, you will see this:

It is useful to get acquainted with the notation used for notes, because in RapidComposer notes are relative to the master track chord or scale. It is of course possible to use 'absolute' notes, e.g. for key-switches where the note must remain a specific MIDI note regardless of scales and chords.
This is the "Explanation for the notation used" section in the user guide:
https://www.musicdevelopments.com/RCUse ... .45%2C0%5D

Please let me know if you have more questions. I may not have been able to explain these properly.

Thanks,
Attila

Return to “MusicDevelopments”