One Synth Challenge #181: Surge (Voting Started!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Final Results: ZioMau - Journey Matters is the Winner!!!! :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail:

1. ZioMau - Journey Matters - 207
2. The Sound Of Merlin - Wings Of Silence - 205
3. cdbaksu - KIN - 204
4. ChristopherWD - Protector - 200
5. treeheated - Low And Be Whole - 199

6. MilksterX - Harry Du Bois - 199pts
7. silverpants - Psyllium Disco - 197pts
8. mmGhost - Springbox - 196pts
9. neverbeeninariot - Barfly Skank - 196pts
10. ] Peter:H [ - Blue Glowing Man Dance Experience 2024 - 195pts
11. RichardSemper - Electronix - 191pts
12. VCA-089 - Danger Zone - 189pts
13. abot81 - Pinpointing Infinity - 188pts
14. Parduz - Odd Times - 185pts
15. Vospi - I Will Kiss You Now - 184pts
16. doctorbob - Yet Another Surge of Ambience - 183pts
17. Impedance Music - A Relic From The Past - 178pts
18. dstr - The Seagull Over The Surge - 176pts
19. eraze the borders - Thankful - 174pts
20. Negoba - Underwater Strutter - 174pts
21. ELEX - The Thirteenth Isle - 173pts
22. emikaela - The Hilarious Mishaps And Cosmic Challenges Of Space - 173pts
23. 574X - Self-Learning Customized Parallel Dimension Generators - 171pts
24. ontrackp - SUrge Hazy Thoughts - 171pts
25. hennessey - Formed - 169pts
26. empphryio - Warrior's End - 168pts
27. JAhim KRT - One Love, One Synth, One Contest - 167pts
28. liqih - Good Luck Daft Prick - 161pts
29. MATCHER - Echoes from the Scrap Yard II - 160pts
30. MalToné - Alien airport - 159pts
31. MadMcMan - Ephemeral Echoes - 158pts
32. IV! - Night Dream Thoughts - 158pts
33. BrainBeatMusic - Energy Surge - 157pts
34. Eauson - Kvr Osc Surge - 154pts
35. krenine - March April Shower - 154pts
36. zipidowski - mARPble - 153pts
37. stoogebag - t infinity - 148pts
38. Neptune - SurgeXT Synth - 144pts
39. violator_alba - Ovoid Chocolate - 142pts
40. loord - Trompet impression - 141pts
41. SynthDX7 - Surging Shadows in the Storm - 137pts
42. kevin_c - Landing On Mars - 136pts
43. 3lu5iv3 - Stepping The Dub - 136pts
44. zicolafaille - I'm Short !!!!! - 134pts
45. Juergen - Sleepless in Germany Part 8 - 126pts
46. langevinbrendan - Just Found - 120pts
47. Tyrs - D E E P A F T R - 115pts

Prizes:
First place winner, please announce your chosen prize in a reply here on this thread. Next place winners, follow up, one after the other. You may choose to skip. To receive the prize, it may take some time (even a week-month+), but be patient. :hug: NOTE: prizes are not passed down below top 5

Awesome work everyone, so many great entries and wonderful variety! :phones: :phones: :clap: :clap:

Scoresheet
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

As the zero said to the heroes:

Congrats, guys !!! Well done indeed !

:clap: :clap: :clap: :party: :hail:

Cheers to Richard and Brian as well, for making this happy birthday possible :tu: :clap:

Not to mention the new and improved voting page :tu:

Congrats all, a close fought round this time indeed. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Thanks to your votes I ended up in the top 1/3rd rather than halfway (as per usual). Thanks, much appreciated.

And again, thanks to Richard and Brian for keeping this going for 15 years - :clap: :clap: :clap:

dB

Huge congrats to the Greenies, well played, and thanks to everyone else for some superb tracks this month, great stuff all round.

Continued gratitude to Richard and Brian for continuing to provide an outlet for this band of misfits, the reworked voting page, and for putting up with our sh1te. :D

Congrats to ZioMau and all the winners. Well deserved recognition. Some great material this month.

To some of the folks further down the list - I loved many of your tracks.

Thanks to the organizers, this is a fun venue to express creativity.

Congrats to the winners, "Low And Be Whole" was my own top rated one as well, great mood and sounds.
Thanks to all the others who delivered fresh tracks.

ZioMau's track was seriously impressive and was my favourite this month, so I'm happy to see it at the top. Well done!

Thank you to everyone, and certainly to Richard and Brian for making this community possible, and I hope everyone had as much fun as I did. 15th anniversary huh? That's an amazing milestone and here's to lots more. :tu:

Congratulations to the winners...

and everyone else for another great round of OSC!

:tu:
"I can't listen to the Ninth anymore at all."

Congrats to the winners! :clap:

awesome round, congrats to the winners, lots of fun to listen to this time around!

What???
You are crazy. :shock: There were some superb tracks in this round!!! :clap: Well, you may not believe me but before OSC I didn't have the courage to let anyone listen to my music. Then...you arrive....and you like it! Every time I don't believe it. Thank you...thank you all for this. Thanks mainly for the friendship and the healthy environment that exists between participants (hey someone promised to collaborate on some of my songs. Don't forget it, eh!). Obviously the biggest thanks go to Rich and BJ for the opportunity they give us. :hail: :hail: :hail:

Finally, (I also wrote it in the submission post), "Journey Matters" is the cover of one my song that I had written a few days before and was adapted for OSC because I couldn't miss the 15th anniversary of OSC and the 10th of DoctorBob. It means that we must live deeply and enjoy every moment because not the goal but journey matters.

If you want to throw a listening, this is the original song
https://soundcloud.com/zio-mau/journey- ... al_sharing

Thank you everybody again and see ya around here
Ciaooooo
(i skip the prize)

I want to congratulate everyone who is happy with the result achieved. And especially about the music and the way it sounds. And of course also the scores but more importantly the way everyone interacts through all the comments we give each other on SoundCloud. How wonderful that our community means so much to so many of us. I found it touching what Zio Mau writes above about how he can finally share his music with others, here in this safe and friendly environment. And how wonderful that this has been here for 15 years now.

Apart from all of this, I also love winning an award. I choose Outer Space, a wonderful delay from one of my favorite companies named Audiothing. And in addition, I saw that I also get to choose a bonus and since I want to learn more about physical modeling it will be "Noises & Exciters for Vital" by Yuli Yolo.

Thank you all for the beautiful music and the nice company and most of all thank you to the guys who support and guide this community for already 15 years.

Congrats to everyone! Which means that, other than the winners, we must congrats to all the partecipants. As @ZioMau pointed out, sometime just the idea to let someone listen to our creations can be a big step.

For everyone looking at my votes: pls remember that i force myself to use the full-range of votes; so i use 1's not to say that a piece is bad, but just that it is one i like less: there's a big difference.
Also, this makes the higher votes having a mean... so, i see this fair for everyone.

I remember some OSC very hard to vote 'cause listening to everything was ... well ... hard, this one is sure one of the most pleasant OSC playlists i've listened to.

Good Job everyone.

Bella Zio! :wink:
Ensoniq SQ1, Korg Wavestation A/D

Wow, what an eventful edition this has been!

Congrats to everyone, for all the on-going achievements, very well done! :clap:

Here's to ten more years, fifteen more years, may OSC live a thousand more years! :party:

Thank you everyone for the kind comments on my tracks, and for making me a part of this great community!

I would like to please get the UVI Digital Synsations 1 from JRR Shop as my prize. And if still available as a secondary, I would love to grab the JRR Sounds Bass Lyd Moog Sirin Sample Set, thanks!
Check out my OSC (One Synth Challenge) entries and more Logic Pro sequences on SoundCloud and YouTube.

It's great to see more people participating too and also for people to feel more comfortable sharing their music - I'm happy to hear everyone's work. In my case, when I started OSC a short while ago it was the first time I got back into music after a major burn out, and even today I find OSC to be such a great outlet for just having fun and being experimental in regards to music making due to the creative limitations. It's a very supportive community here too, so I recommend anyone to join and to keep at it too.

Oh, right, my choice of prize if possible would be Red Rock Sound's "PUNCH" Channel Strip plugin. It looks quite nifty. :)

Return to “Instruments”