Dawesome MYTH

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

It might be too expensive,might not.I suppose it depends on how good and useful it is. Most big name synth plugins are around $200 even if they are frequently on half off sales. I don’t usually pay full price for any plugin if can help it,but people pay 190 dollars for Serum all day every day. I demoed the other Dawsome synths and thought they were interesting but not something I needed to buy. I also never bought Serum because it’s too expensive and I got most of its competitors…on sale

Regardless, you have 90 days to decide for yourself whether MYTH is worth it. I can't think of many developers who provide a fully functional 90-day free trial. Give it a spin! 8)

https://www.tracktion.com/products/myth

Myth is officially available, it is $125 intro offer
there is a 90 day free trial, if you are on the fence, please try it
Check out my website for synth/software articles reviews and presets http://databroth.com (new review every monday)

I also do experimental sound design and demos of plugins (no talking) on my youtube: https://www.youtube.com/databroth

You can also just "exploit" the 90 days trial to have some fun for free - without even the slightest intention of doing a purchase. Just use it to create tons of sounds and samples or music that you can use afterwards :-)

Congratulations. Saving up some money to get this 🙂 so fascinating. Wish you the best sell.

PetVor wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:55 am You can also just "exploit" the 90 days trial to have some fun for free - without even the slightest intention of doing a purchase. Just use it to create tons of sounds and samples or music that you can use afterwards :-)
Hi Peter can you let us know how long the intro price is available for please.

I only ask as it's out of my price range at full price so don't want to still be trialling it within the 90 days and then find I can't actually afford it.

I am assuming the intro price will end a lot quicker than 90 days hence the question.

Samiver wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:50 am
PetVor wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:55 am You can also just "exploit" the 90 days trial to have some fun for free - without even the slightest intention of doing a purchase. Just use it to create tons of sounds and samples or music that you can use afterwards :-)

I only ask as it's out of my price range at full price so don't want to still be trialling it within the 90 days and then find I can't actually afford it.

I am assuming the intro price will end a lot quicker than 90 days hence the question.
Hi, I believe it ends on the 29th, I will update this if I am mistaken
Check out my website for synth/software articles reviews and presets http://databroth.com (new review every monday)

I also do experimental sound design and demos of plugins (no talking) on my youtube: https://www.youtube.com/databroth

databroth wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:03 am
Samiver wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:50 am

Hi, I believe it ends on the 29th, I will update this if I am mistaken
Thanks Databroth

No consideration of whether you already own (all) Dawsome-Products?

Ou_Tis wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:41 pm I had $115 as the highest price point I would consider for the intro sale... so it's probably a "no for now". But I'll demo it.
$105 on JRR with the "group" discount code.

fuse wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:28 am No consideration of whether you already own (all) Dawsome-Products?
I dont think dawesome have ever offered a loyalty type crossgrade, but it doesn't bother me because they often run generous sales and the demo period is unbeatable.

Initial impressions. It takes quite some time to tease out useful sounds from this. It's definitely not a 'wide sweet spot' synth. Seems to be mostly geared towards textured pads and creative fx. The presets themselves are mostly good and showcase what the synth can do. Some of them are extremely quiet, eg Endless by 4 T Thieves or Ghostbuster by Hydratek. The sound character reminds me of Pigments.

The effects are very good, and I was pleasantly surprised by how many of the presets weren't totally reliant on them to do the heavy lifting.

CPU can be very high. The Ghostbuster preset maxes out FL's CPU meter if I don't reduce the polyphony. Holding down 4 notes sends FL to over 40% on a large number of presets. Most of the presets have maximum 24-note polyphony, which I think was unwise on such a hungry synth. Easily changed, but still.

A couple of annoyances. Scrolling through the top preset browser is dependent on which preset designers you've selected on the bottom browser. Eg, if I scroll to the end of Empty Vessel's presets it'll just cycle back to the start of them instead of going to Hienergy who is next in alphabetical order. Unnecessary behaviour, seeing as there is already a browser on the right for specific designers you've selected. If the panel opens every single preset I should be able to scroll through them. Also when you click the burger menu to open the presets, the window that appears covers the burger menu, forcing you to click elsewhere in the UI to close it. Just a minor thing but it's irritating.

I'm glad the demo period is so insanely generous, as I think I'll need it to learn to get the best out of this.

Vortifex wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:50 am Some of them are extremely quiet, eg Endless by 4 T Thieves or Ghostbuster by Hydratek.
Did you chose the right SETUP for your controller?
Endless by 4T Thieves uses E2 - for example (polyphonic) aftertouch to allow expressive play. As soon as you use this it gets to normal gain levels!
Similar for "Ghostbuster" (which also uses E1 which normally is Velocity)

You need to choose a SETUP only once, it is not stored with the preset. Instead it is stored for the instance / or globally. In this way the same presets work well no matter if you have a standard midi controller or an MPE controller like the Roli Seaboard or the Osmose.

There are also some in-build tutorials to get you started with MYTH, and I know it is not popular, but i tried my best to make the user guide pleasant and fast to read.

Vortifex wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:50 am... It takes quite some time to tease out useful sounds from this. ...
With MYTH you can make even a sample of a toilet being flushed sound beautiful.
One of my sounds in the FACTORY bank (CLEANSWEEP PAD) is based on the noise of a floor cleaning machine; the original sample used for the IRIS sounds like a mixture between a giant vacuum cleaner and a trumpeting elephant.

PetVor wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:06 am
Vortifex wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:50 am Some of them are extremely quiet, eg Endless by 4 T Thieves or Ghostbuster by Hydratek.
Did you chose the right SETUP for your controller?
Endless by 4T Thieves uses E2 - for example (polyphonic) aftertouch to allow expressive play. As soon as you use this it gets to normal gain levels!
Similar for "Ghostbuster" (which also uses E1 which normally is Velocity)

You need to choose a SETUP only once, it is not stored with the preset. Instead it is stored for the instance / or globally. In this way the same presets work well no matter if you have a standard midi controller or an MPE controller like the Roli Seaboard or the Osmose.
My controller does not have aftertouch or MPE. I assume I just use the MIDI setting, which is what I'm doing. It is a nice user guide indeed :)

Return to “Instruments”