The Idea Guy

DSP, Plugin and Host development discussion.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

The title is a parody on the ever present trope of someone who wakes up with an idea one day and thinks he can get everyone to get along with it and build him his "genius" software for free; the ever narcissistic naivety that produces rightfully so mockery on the account of the poster. I sincerely hope to avoid being categorized in this trope. The project I am going to be discussing has been slowly fleshed out as a concept for several years and is based on senior experience in different industries and working with software from parallel realities in different areas of 'production' as a general term. With insight into more than one window and parallel industries, I have envisioned a Hybrid system that aims to evolve music production once and for all. Dubbed the 'next-gen' DAW this tool promises to solve mixing on a whole new level via standardized systems and provide innovative tools that deliver more control to enthusiasts as well as easier mixing to amateurs, shifting the focus entirely to creativity and not draining resources by over-producing, robbing us of the initial flair from the song and losing touch with it's initial message.

In it's initial stages of development, right now I am building a definitive design documentation so that all associates introduced to this project can quickly have an understanding of what the goal of this software is and exactly how it intends to achieve this, also introducing it's various global features as well as it's details, of course there are several main features that will prove as the body of the software and then there's the little stuff - covering support for tools that people are used to, and more traditional tools. The technology that powers this system has been available for quite some time, it's realistic, doable, code-able and based on existing methods that have no relation to music production at the moment. It has nothing to do with AI, and more to do with math - I am careful not to reveal too much in this intro post.

First and foremost, I am aware that the scope of this task is not an easy one and will require talented support, senior VST and software coders and probably assistance from audio physicists / mathematicians through an extended period of time. This fact alone, makes me not too excited about this project, but I feel a responsibility to deliver this vision because it has the potential to change the world of music production.

Without further bloat, I would rather give you the bottom line of the software, but unfortunately information about this project is to remain guarded under NDA due to it's high probability of competition.

There is no definite goal for this post, this is an introduction to my project and I would like to get acquainted with any individuals who are interested and would perhaps want to get involved in some way so that we can actually bring this to light. Given the scope of it, I don't feel I am capable in delivering this alone, neither by personal funding budget nor by development alone.

I do feel the responsibility to create this as I've been given the vision and foresight based on my work experiences, and therefore I will put this out there and leave it to chance that someone can fill the voids and perhaps a higher power will intervene to move this forward.

Otherwise I will have to probably post pone the production for a few more years until I can evolve to the level where I can solely fund the production of this, and I will be looking forward to it.

Right now the focus is big on AI so I don't see anyone going this direction for some time but technology is unpredictable and you never know, I feel that it is the inevitable step in evolution for music production tools that has been the victim of oversight as is.

If you have any inquiries email me at marko (dot) ivanovic (dot) contact (at) gmail (dot) com

Otherwise if you think this is a big nothing burger, I encourage you to move on and good luck with your works.

my other modular synth is a bugbrand

FAEDev wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:28 pm Hi,

The title is a parody on the ever present trope of someone who wakes up with an idea one day and thinks he can get everyone to get along with it and build him his "genius" software for free; the ever narcissistic naivety that produces rightfully so mockery on the account of the poster. [...]
I seems like you did not stop at the title, did you? Your post reads like a blueprint of these posts. :hihi: :wink:

Some classic elements: A great idea for a product that will revolutionize the industry and that cannot be divulged because it would be immediately copied. NDAs are necessary. You need people who implement it for you because otherwise the world will miss out on this for several more years.

It almost reads as if someone had asked an AI to write a version of such a post with everything in it.

Anyway, if you've really got a fresh idea I wish you good luck with it.
Passed 303 posts. Next stop: 808.

whyterabbyt wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:10 pm viewtopic.php?t=194452
I mean I literally addressed this. I read this and I agree with it.

BlitBit wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:37 pm
FAEDev wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:28 pm Hi,

The title is a parody on the ever present trope of someone who wakes up with an idea one day and thinks he can get everyone to get along with it and build him his "genius" software for free; the ever narcissistic naivety that produces rightfully so mockery on the account of the poster. [...]
I seems like you did not stop at the title, did you? Your post reads like a blueprint of these posts. :hihi: :wink:

Some classic elements: A great idea for a product that will revolutionize the industry and that cannot be divulged because it would be immediately copied. NDAs are necessary. You need people who implement it for you because otherwise the world will miss out on this for several more years.

It almost reads as if someone had asked an AI to write a version of such a post with everything in it.

Anyway, if you've really got a fresh idea I wish you good luck with it.
Unfortunately... However it's from the heart and from real information and I never asked for anyone to work on this for free, that wasn't my post. The idea is great and is more than an 'idea' it's a framework and a design. But most likely I am on my own which means I will have to wait for doors to open more organically. It's not even an idea, it's the inevitable step in evolution of audio production software, it's literally what my audio production work strives for regardless and what all audio production work strives for and while it's mildly incorporated in a sense here and there it makes absolute no sense to have this oversight in efficiency and the faster I have this the easier my life will be, so I guess I'll have to wait for doors to open more organically over time. It's not like a spinoff product thing intended to make profits. It's mainly about me improving my music and raising the bar, improving the standards beyond current limitations, and increasing efficiency to allow for creativity focused work. I've worked in an industry that's reliant on intricate software pipelines for production which depend on creating improved systems for efficiency and minimizing expenditure and technical work and this is the basis for my reinvention of the DAW, along with my experiences in audio production. No point in coating it further in glamorous marketing. Time will show what can be done about it.

That's a lot of words, but it's still not clear to me what you're trying to achieve. Are you looking for employees, cofounders, funding, someone to take the risk for you so your dream comes true? Or maybe you just need some help with identifying what to do next?

Return to “DSP and Plugin Development”