non iLok reverb

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Post

Teksonik wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 8:19 am Be advised though that Melda will install all files for every one of his plugins even if you only buy one. Hundreds of useless files so if space is a concern keep that in mind.
A correction, it's just one installer but you can install only what you need/want

Post

Valhalla Vintage Verb
Fabfilter R2
Fog Convolver

Post

Just get IRs and use Fog Convolver 2.You can get an IR for any plate, spring or digital unit ever produced.

Post

Definitely try out baby’s audios crystalline reverb ,it sounds amazingly good

Fabfilters Pro-R2 in my opinion has a very classy sound to it and I intent to buy it soon when I can afford it ,to able to EQ the tail end of a reverb with ease is a massive plus for me

There is also some amazing free reverbs out there ,many of which a better than some premium paid options
live 11 / Arturia collection / many Softube plug ins / thats it

Post

sprnva wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:06 pmOrilRiver
+ 1

Post

We really are spoiled with all the great free reverbs out there. Solaris is a really good recent one, and I've used DReverb, Cymatics Space Lite, and Voxengo OldSkoolVerb quite a bit as well.

The version of Hyperspace that comes with Computer Music is also quite good and a lot of fun to experiment with.

Post

The Valhalla reverbs are all worth owning. I would also recommend iZotope Neoverb which gives you access to Exponential Audio algorithms without iLok. Arturia LX-24 is really nice also.

Post

concealed identity wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 8:12 am You're the only one ranting about iLok in here as far as I can see, if you don't want to talk about iLok this is a very easy problem to solve! :lol:
No he's not the only one. I loathe iLok probably even more so, than the member you suggested is "ranting" about it. And there's PLENTY more of us out here, besides.

Even the OP appears to want a specifically iLok-free work environment, and I wouldn't blame them one bit for that. Perhaps, you are the one, who should direct your "pro-iLok" activism to more pro-iLok-centric topics, where they'll likely be better received.

But back on topic, and as some have mentioned, Valhalla VintageVerb is a very good recommendation for a "non-iLok reverb." Another would be FabFilter Pro-R 2, albeit a bit on the pricier side. However, FabFilter are also currently having a 30% discount sale. u-he's ProtoVerb is a decent freebie, if you wanna also give it a try.

Post

I have tons of others, but my penultimate go to's..
all but two use ilok.. one is very specialised (spring reverb)
so if I had to choose one that is not ilok (or uad-2 dsp)

It would be arturia's lx-24.

rsp
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sound sculptist

Post

MrJubbly wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:27 am
concealed identity wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 8:12 am You're the only one ranting about iLok in here as far as I can see, if you don't want to talk about iLok this is a very easy problem to solve! :lol:
No he's not the only one. I loathe iLok probably even more so, than the member you suggested is "ranting" about it. And there's PLENTY more of us out here, besides.

Even the OP appears to want a specifically iLok-free work environment, and I wouldn't blame them one bit for that. Perhaps, you are the one, who should direct your "pro-iLok" activism to more pro-iLok-centric topics, where they'll likely be better received.
Absolutely bizarre response, it's a conversation about recommending plugins and someone's just got to come in and make things aggressively weird

Post

Thanks a lot for the tips, I will check them. I realized I have some of the mentioned ones already! :) Please don't make this an iLok argument, there are other forum threads for that.

Post

concealed identity wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:40 pm
MrJubbly wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:27 am
concealed identity wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 8:12 am You're the only one ranting about iLok in here as far as I can see, if you don't want to talk about iLok this is a very easy problem to solve! :lol:
No he's not the only one. I loathe iLok probably even more so, than the member you suggested is "ranting" about it. And there's PLENTY more of us out here, besides.

Even the OP appears to want a specifically iLok-free work environment, and I wouldn't blame them one bit for that. Perhaps, you are the one, who should direct your "pro-iLok" activism to more pro-iLok-centric topics, where they'll likely be better received.
Absolutely bizarre response, it's a conversation about recommending plugins and someone's just got to come in and make things aggressively weird
Yes, and that would have been you, considering the name of this topic you were posting in, and your "weirdly aggressive" pro-iLok stance towards the other member.

The topic was for a "non iLok" reverb. But if you wanted to swerve away from that, that is your choice. But just know, you're not gaslighting anybody here as to the state of play.

Post

lajosuti wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:38 am Thanks a lot for the tips, I will check them. I realized I have some of the mentioned ones already! :) Please don't make this an iLok argument, there are other forum threads for that.
Exactly. You made the intention of your topic quite clear.

It's a shame that the pro-iLok fanbois had to go against and ignore that and insist upon recommending iLok reverbs regardless.

Post

MrJubbly wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:53 am
concealed identity wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:40 pm
MrJubbly wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:27 am
concealed identity wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 8:12 am You're the only one ranting about iLok in here as far as I can see, if you don't want to talk about iLok this is a very easy problem to solve! :lol:
No he's not the only one. I loathe iLok probably even more so, than the member you suggested is "ranting" about it. And there's PLENTY more of us out here, besides.

Even the OP appears to want a specifically iLok-free work environment, and I wouldn't blame them one bit for that. Perhaps, you are the one, who should direct your "pro-iLok" activism to more pro-iLok-centric topics, where they'll likely be better received.
Absolutely bizarre response, it's a conversation about recommending plugins and someone's just got to come in and make things aggressively weird
Yes, and that would have been you, considering the name of this topic you were posting in, and your "weirdly aggressive" pro-iLok stance towards the other member.

The topic was for a "non iLok" reverb. But if you wanted to swerve away from that, that is your choice. But just know, you're not gaslighting anybody here as to the state of play.
I haven't said anything pro-iLok in this thread though (or anywhere, ever :lol: )

I literally recommended nearly a dozen reverbs that don't use iLok, said it's easy to find quality plugins that don't use iLok, but my two favorite reverb plugins both happen to use it.

Unless you mean the post where I joked about someone who went on a rant about iLok and then said we should all stop talking about iLok? I thought that was funny, but I still didn't say anything positive about it.

That's why your aggressive posts accusing me of "pro-iLok activism" are weird!

Post

@lajosuti
Looking in my reverbs folder I could only find FF Pro-R 2 and ValhallaDSP Plate/Room/VintageVerb as non-iLok ‘verbs, all of them could be activated offline and need no C/R. I also see that they were already recommended by other forums users.
Also if you don’t mind dealing with less user friendly UI, Savant Audio Labs QRS and Simulator Quantum 2772 Evolution sound pretty great.
Hopefully you will find something that suits your needs well.
Monitors: HS7 / Mixing: Cubase Pro 13 / Mastering: WaveLab Pro 11.2 / Sound Design: Live 12 Suite

Return to “Effects”