VPS Avenger 2.1 [RELEASED - FAQ in OP]

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger VPS Avenger 2

Post

Sampleconstruct wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:54 am Granular drone/texture from an upcoming sound library for Avenger 2 - Macro automation in LogicX
https://youtu.be/YlrWzKHNfbI
Simon, I had a feeling that you would be working on an Avenger 2 sound library at some point. I’m looking forward to the release after listening to that gorgeous drone! :tu:

I picked up Avenger 2 with the intention of using its various synthesis options for more rhythmic and dance-related patches. It really shines in that area.

Then a few weeks ago, I started using the granular engine with the beautiful on-board reverb and delay effects for atmospheres and drones. And it excels in that style as well.

Even though I’m still getting to know the synth, I am finding that it’s much more capable than I originally thought, and is definitely suitable for just about any genre that I tend to work in. 8)

Post

morphex wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:00 pm
Sampleconstruct wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:54 am Granular drone/texture from an upcoming sound library for Avenger 2 - Macro automation in LogicX
https://youtu.be/YlrWzKHNfbI
Simon, I had a feeling that you would be working on an Avenger 2 sound library at some point. I’m looking forward to the release after listening to that gorgeous drone! :tu:

I picked up Avenger 2 with the intention of using its various synthesis options for more rhythmic and dance-related patches. It really shines in that area.

Then a few weeks ago, I started using the granular engine with the beautiful on-board reverb and delay effects for atmospheres and drones. And it excels in that style as well.

Even though I’m still getting to know the synth, I am finding that it’s much more capable than I originally thought, and is definitely suitable for just about any genre that I tend to work in. 8)
Thanks Morphex - Avenger really is very capable in all areas and styles so the “official“ marketing and presentation can be misleading. For more experimental sounds and if you haven't done so, also try cross FM between oscillators using samples/granular/spectral synthesis - e.g. load a simple sine wave in OSC1 for a start, setup OSC2 with a granular source and adjust the settings until you like what you hear, now in OSC1 in the FM menu choose OSC2 as FM modulator and dial in a small amount of FM to begin with as it can get noisy very soon, then try changing pitch in OSC2, modulate its amplitude, alter granular speed, density, random position etc. and take it from there.

Post

Sampleconstruct wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:55 pm
morphex wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:00 pm
Sampleconstruct wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:54 am Granular drone/texture from an upcoming sound library for Avenger 2 - Macro automation in LogicX
https://youtu.be/YlrWzKHNfbI
Simon, I had a feeling that you would be working on an Avenger 2 sound library at some point. I’m looking forward to the release after listening to that gorgeous drone! :tu:

I picked up Avenger 2 with the intention of using its various synthesis options for more rhythmic and dance-related patches. It really shines in that area.

Then a few weeks ago, I started using the granular engine with the beautiful on-board reverb and delay effects for atmospheres and drones. And it excels in that style as well.

Even though I’m still getting to know the synth, I am finding that it’s much more capable than I originally thought, and is definitely suitable for just about any genre that I tend to work in. 8)
Thanks Morphex - Avenger really is very capable in all areas and styles so the “official“ marketing and presentation can be misleading. For more experimental sounds and if you haven't done so, also try cross FM between oscillators using samples/granular/spectral synthesis - e.g. load a simple sine wave in OSC1 for a start, setup OSC2 with a granular source and adjust the settings until you like what you hear, now in OSC1 in the FM menu choose OSC2 as FM modulator and dial in a small amount of FM to begin with as it can get noisy very soon, then try changing pitch in OSC2, modulate its amplitude, alter granular speed, density, random position etc. and take it from there.
Definitely fun and satisfying!

Post


Post

msvs wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:58 am https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuz_c-go0Ks
When a guy is making a video, about Avenger 2, being a workhorse synth, and at the same time, he is hosting this synth in an instance of Bitwig, this immediately tells us how this person is an exquisite person with excellent taste :-D.

Anyway, fully agreed...

@Manuel: should we understand by this video hinting at Bitwig that you plan to support CLAP in the future ????? :D :party:

Post

Note.. it is on Jon's channel, not Vengeance like the tutorials..
I think its just the DAW of choice for Jon.
rsp
sound sculptist

Post

zvenx wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:30 am Note.. it is on Jon's channel, not Vengeance like the tutorials..
I think its just the DAW of choice for Jon.
rsp
I like Jon.

Jon is good.

Post

Hey Manuel quick question the new harmonizer module can it create a hypersaw if so can you make a preset on the next update thank you

Post

An XP request for you, Manuel - WORLD.

So many great sounds come from world instruments as their starting points in all kinds of genres. Turn them into supersaws if you have to, but would love leads, pads and soundscapes that were inflected with world influences. An XP with plenty of samples would be useful to have in the arsenal for building our own patches of course.

Better still, a World series - Far East, Middle East, Celtic, African etc.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W11, Ryzen 7900, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2024 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

Post

Mod Env in LOOP-mode will not react to sustain pedal so it just stops running if a key is not held via note on/note length but via sustain. I think this was already a problem in Avenger 1 iirc.

Post

Sampleconstruct wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 1:05 am Mod Env in LOOP-mode will not react to sustain pedal so it just stops running if a key is not held via note on/note length but via sustain. I think this was already a problem in Avenger 1 iirc.
This only happens in combination with the arpeggiator, so when the arp is running and the MOD ENV is active (trigger First Midi Note) then it will stop running once the sustain pedal is engaged and the note is lifted, the arp will go on playing as it should.

Post

I am seeing something strange happening with Avenger (2.1.1 Win11, Bitwig 5.1.8 FL Studio 21) - haven't used it for a little while and now it seems as though the AMP1 VolumeVelAmt is affecting the sound even when the slider is all the way down. This happens on presets I had made a while back as well as factory sounds.

Does anyone else have a similar issue or am I doing something stupid, which wouldn't be the first time.

Post

cb8rwh wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 8:24 am I am seeing something strange happening with Avenger (2.1.1 Win11, Bitwig 5.1.8 FL Studio 21) - haven't used it for a little while and now it seems as though the AMP1 VolumeVelAmt is affecting the sound even when the slider is all the way down. This happens on presets I had made a while back as well as factory sounds.

Does anyone else have a similar issue or am I doing something stupid, which wouldn't be the first time.
did you already contacted the support and asked if this could be a bug ?
If not may ask support as well.

Post

I haven't yet, but just wanted to see if anyone else had the same issue before doing so. Will do now though 👍

Post

cb8rwh wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 8:24 am I am seeing something strange happening with Avenger (2.1.1 Win11, Bitwig 5.1.8 FL Studio 21) - haven't used it for a little while and now it seems as though the AMP1 VolumeVelAmt is affecting the sound even when the slider is all the way down. This happens on presets I had made a while back as well as factory sounds.

Does anyone else have a similar issue or am I doing something stupid, which wouldn't be the first time.
Couldn't it be that the velocity is linked to something else like the filter cutoff opening?

Return to “Instruments”