Motorola DSP563xx Emulator (BETA) (Access Virus, Nord Lead, Waldorf MW...)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Post

davidka wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:34 am Well tried Osirus and OsTIrus... They are indeed sounding wonderful, and proved a point.
I'll refrain from using them as long as they are in the grey-zone...
You know, after reading some of the statements of the developers and some users on Discord, I can totally understand that. Some of them really don't seem to care one bit about copyrights and I.P. But, frankly, this project is just too good to pass on it, for me. Doesn't mean that I'm d'accord with many of the positions expressed.

Post

Someone must've noticed something, since it's now more explicit when you first launch the software. I think there's still a number of people, especially those coming more from the legacy hardware / nostalgia side of things, who'd support Access if they ever wanted to sanction something officially.

Didn't Softube offer the Virus, as a possible option, when they released a poll asking people what synths they wanted them to do next? So perhaps there's still something possible? (Even if it’s unlikely to come directly from Access themselves.. )

Post

wouuu :o :clap: :clap:
better low end than any vst I know
I tried the browser....How to favorite a preset ?

Post

What firmware file does Osirus require for the Virus A? It's not recognizing the .mid files from the 2.80 or 2.52 firmwares.
Last edited by sprnva on Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image Image

Post

PAK wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:00 pm Didn't Softube offer the Virus, as a possible option, when they released a poll asking people what synths they wanted them to do next? So perhaps there's still something possible? (Even if it’s unlikely to come directly from Access themselves.. )
What ? When ? Where ?

Post

Gam456 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:29 pm What ? When ? Where ?
It was this post here (Although the image, with a supposed screenshot of all the options, is now gone). Also to be taken with the large caveat (now that I found that post) that I'm not sure anyone else, other than the poster, verified Softube had ever sent out such a survey via email. Maybe someone else remembers getting it? :)
viewtopic.php?p=8575267#p8575267

Post

I tried to ask what I can do because of my error message in OsTIrus and Vavra. OsTIrus requested a firmware.rom and Vavra requested a .mid system file. The DSP56300 page doesn't indicate anywhere where I can get the files and there is no zip containing them on the site.

Post

akira2 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:03 pm wouuu :o :clap: :clap:
better low end than any vst I know
I tried the browser....How to favorite a preset ?
Create a folder in favorites. Drag and drop.
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Post

WordClock wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:58 pm I tried to ask what I can do because of my error message in OsTIrus and Vavra. OsTIrus requested a firmware.rom and Vavra requested a .mid system file. The DSP56300 page doesn't indicate anywhere where I can get the files and there is no zip containing them on the site.
They will never tell you where you can get the firmware

Post

PAK wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:55 pm
Gam456 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:29 pm What ? When ? Where ?
It was this post here (Although the image, with a supposed screenshot of all the options, is now gone). Also to be taken with the large caveat (now that I found that post) that I'm not sure anyone else, other than the poster, verified Softube had ever sent out such a survey via email. Maybe someone else remembers getting it? :)
viewtopic.php?p=8575267#p8575267
Thank You
I never recieved such survey by emil

Post

WordClock wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:58 pm I tried to ask what I can do because of my error message in OsTIrus and Vavra. OsTIrus requested a firmware.rom and Vavra requested a .mid system file. The DSP56300 page doesn't indicate anywhere where I can get the files and there is no zip containing them on the site.
Waldorf Micro-Q firmware is publically available from the Waldorf Music website.

https://waldorfmusic.com/legacy-micro-q-series/

The Access Virus firmware (all models) is only available (legally) by registering as a user on their website, which requires a valid hardware serial number you register. If you don't have the hardware, you need another means to find it.

Post

akira2 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:03 pm I tried the browser....How to favorite a preset ?
"how to use the patch manager" can be found here:

https://dsp56300.wordpress.com/2024/02/ ... roduction/

as someone already has pointed out:
open the patch manager
rightclick "favorites"
select and create "Add" aka a new folder
then drag&drop your favorite patches into that folder

Post

sl1200mk2 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:23 pm
WordClock wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:58 pm I tried to ask what I can do because of my error message in OsTIrus and Vavra. OsTIrus requested a firmware.rom and Vavra requested a .mid system file. The DSP56300 page doesn't indicate anywhere where I can get the files and there is no zip containing them on the site.
Waldorf Micro-Q firmware is publically available from the Waldorf Music website.

https://waldorfmusic.com/legacy-micro-q-series/

The Access Virus firmware (all models) is only available (legally) by registering as a user on their website, which requires a valid hardware serial number you register. If you don't have the hardware, you need another means to find it.
Thanks a lot for the tip. Now Micro Q loaded fine after I realized you shared the "Micro Q" link and that I didn't have to get the "Q" system firmware and copied over the system .mid. Found .mid sysex files that seems to be the patches so I'll do a little early evening research. Can you or anyone offer me the Access Virus firmware needed for OsTIrus?

I prefer the Virus to the MicroQ. I was really considering buying one but I started getting more physical problems and don't want to have to setup gear much in my room because I don't sing a future.

Post

muki wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:43 pm
akira2 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:03 pm I tried the browser....How to favorite a preset ?
"how to use the patch manager" can be found here:

https://dsp56300.wordpress.com/2024/02/ ... roduction/

as someone already has pointed out:
open the patch manager
rightclick "favorites"
select and create "Add" aka a new folder
then drag&drop your favorite patches into that folder
Can you tell me if there is a way to delete duplicate patches in the patch browser in Vavra and also rename patches and folders? That feature is needed. I don't love it but it's interesting.

Post

WordClock wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:14 pm Can you or anyone offer me the Access Virus firmware needed for OsTIrus?
Muki already shared all the information you need. Sorry but it isn't legal for us to give it to you, you're going to have to do your own investigating and reading between the lines on this one.

Return to “Instruments”