DMS-Ascension

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Ascension

courtjestr wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 4:28 pm
Legally, I don't think you should be keeping those Midi files. They are part of a paid product, not part of the trial version.

Like I mentioned I had already downloaded and stored an early free version of Ascension years ago.
All I've gained is what I already had.
So from a legal point of view I think it is fair to say I am 100% legit right?
Having read back through my posts I admit I came across as a bit salty, things sort of kicked off on multiple fronts and I was far from optimal.

Norqa wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 7:34 pm
courtjestr wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 4:28 pm
Legally, I don't think you should be keeping those Midi files. They are part of a paid product, not part of the trial version.

Like I mentioned I had already downloaded and stored an early free version of Ascension years ago.
All I've gained is what I already had.
So from a legal point of view I think it is fair to say I am 100% legit right?
Having read back through my posts I admit I came across as a bit salty, things sort of kicked off on multiple fronts and I was far from optimal.
From my point of view we're cool - it was my mistake to include such a huge MIDI library in the original demo - you got a whole lot more in the file you downloaded too [ which should never have been shared - original poster!] as far as I'm concerned you and the other board members who grabbed the link while it was active got an awesome bonus - nice work! :wink:
:!: Want to get in touch? Email me! info@ascension-vst-synthesizer.com :!:

:idea: Need Ascension Synth help? Visit https://www.ascension-vst-synthesizer.c ... ct-support :idea:

Seeking Beta Testers for 64-Bit VST3/AU Version 1.6! [testing closed]
Last edited by DMSAdmin on Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hi everyone,

Ascension 1.6 is available, current users can update for free. Find out more here.

Best regards,
Peter

:idea: Need Ascension Synth help? Visit https://www.ascension-vst-synthesizer.c ... ct-support :idea:

Audio Plugin Deals Ascention for $4.90.

https://audioplugin.deals/product/ascen ... bic-audio/

Thanks plexuss :tu:
EXT3 - FL Studio 24 | Surge - Discovery PRO - Classic Boxes Collection - U-he Filterscape - NI Massive - NI Kontour - NI Spark - JP6K - Variety of Sound

How are you guys liking this instrument?

For that price it's basically no-brainer territory. It was around $200 when it was released.

Examigan wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2024 10:41 am For that price it's basically no-brainer territory. It was around $200 when it was released.
TBH, that raises alarm bells to me.

OscSync wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2024 10:47 am
Examigan wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2024 10:41 am For that price it's basically no-brainer territory. It was around $200 when it was released.
The original developer went belly up and the synth changed hands. At 200 it was definitely overpriced but it is a nice instrument. Lots of good presets imho.
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

mgw38 wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2024 10:52 am
The original developer went belly up and the synth changed hands. At 200 it was definitely overpriced but it is a nice instrument. Lots of good presets imho.
Ah, ok. Thanks for the info.

I have Ascension in my Plugin Boutique account. Is this the same plugin? Looks similar. I have lost track of the history behind Ascension since I haven't used it in a long time.

Ascension.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Yep that's it.

Thanks. I just fired up the studio and I already have the Cubic Audio version 1.5 installed. :dog:

I wonder if I can just install this update on top. Off to find out now........
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

mgw38 wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2024 10:52 am
"The original developer went belly up" - I'm not sure where you heard that...

The synth was originally branded "DMS Ascension" as I was the founder of Dance MIDI Samples, which I left in 2018, hence the re-brand of the synth. Ascension continues to be developed by CubicAudio.

The original RRP of the synth reflected it's development costs. With the new release of version 1.6 the current Audio Plugin Deals promotion is a "no brainer" awareness boost as our distribution deal with W. A. Production / Plugin Boutique came to an end earlier this year.

All the best, Peter @ Ascension
Last edited by DMSAdmin on Sat Jun 22, 2024 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Instruments”