Fors Tela

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

My first sound in Tela

https://dandelionaudio.com/sound/Tela-1.mp3

It would be visually helpful if when I select a tab, say Tonality, that there was a dot next to the parameter the LFO modulates (assuming depth is greater than 0)

c0nsilience wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:36 pm Fors is top-notch and at an exceedingly good price point.
The Max devices, especially Lode, Glänta and Chiral, are what take the Push 3 in standalone over the top for me into dream future groove instrument. Particularly the first two - so well thought out, just a few controls can cover a huge range, perfect for live jams.

I've now come full circle because of Push from "where's the plugin?" to "where's the max device?". But leaving that aside, a couple of days into the demo and I can safely say it's to the same high standard I've come to expect.

Was a little put off initially flashbacks to how badly Ableton handles mapping parameters for plugins, but still managed to find a weird and wonderful sound through 10 minutes of random knob-turning that went straight into a track. Went over to Bitwig this evening, read the manual and mapped it properly, then made another weird and wonderful sound that went straight into a track, only with a bit more intention this time.

I'd kinda promised myself to do no new hardware / plugins this year until I really dig in to what I already have, but I think this one will have to be an exception.
Last edited by dbenway on Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

dbenway wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:31 am
c0nsilience wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:36 pm Fors is top-notch and at an exceedingly good price point.
The Max devices, especially Lode, Glänta and Chiral, are what take the Push 3 in standalone over the top for me into dream future groove instrument. Particularly the first two - so well thought out, very just a few controls can cover a huge range, perfect for live jams.

Because of this, I've now come full circle because of Push from "where's the plugin?" to "where's the max device?". But leaving that aside, a couple of days into the demo and I can safely say it's to the same standard high standard I've come to expect.

Was a little put off initially flashbacks to how badly Ableton handles mapping parameters for plugins, but still managed to find a weird and wonderful sound through 10 minutes of random knob-turning that went straight into a track. Went over to Bitwig this :D evening, read the manual and mapped it properly, then made another weird and wonderful sound that went straight into a track, only with a bit more intention this time.

I'd kinda promised myself to do no new hardware / plugins this year until I really dig in to what I already have, but I think this one will have to be an exception.
This made my day. Thank you!
Duality without regard to physicality

Is there a list of the CC mappings somewhere so I can wire it up to Stepic more easily?

dayjob wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:19 am
zeph wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:35 am When are we getting a windows version???
See previous page.
Short answer is likely never
:( :( :x :x :pray: :pray:

wintoid wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:08 pm Is there a list of the CC mappings somewhere so I can wire it up to Stepic more easily?
I don't have stepic, but if you mean midi cc mappings, that's easy. it's a very short list. there aren't any unless you count velocity (at least as far as I can tell: the dev doesn't think it's worth putting this kind of information in the manual even to indicate its absence).

as you're in Bitwig, from what i gather, this is probably not as big an issue as in other DAWs: you have the modulators pages to wire up cc messages from the sequencer plugin to host automation channels.

gaggle of hermits wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:31 am I don't have stepic, but if you mean midi cc mappings, that's easy. it's a very short list. there aren't any unless you count velocity (at least as far as I can tell: the dev doesn't think it's worth putting this kind of information in the manual even to indicate its absence).

as you're in Bitwig, from what i gather, this is probably not as big an issue as in other DAWs: you have the modulators pages to wire up cc messages from the sequencer plugin to host automation channels.
Thanks. Yes you're right. That's exactly what I spent last night playing with :). More fiddly than I would like TBH.

I made a small bank of 30 presets for it

Gossamer

Does it support per-voice-modulation via CLAP?

Hanz Meyzer wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 5:32 pm Does it support per-voice-modulation via CLAP?
No

Return to “Instruments”