SILENCER by Wide Blue Sound. Out Now.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Very cool, I demo’d, and bought.

It’s refreshing, dope on rhythmic sources.

I'm happy to say we just released 1.0.3, which eliminates artifacts with certain reverbs.

Regards,
Nathan
Wide Blue Sound :: Boutique Music Software
Inspiration you can hear.
WideBlueSound.com

I was willing to make this the last purchase of the year but unfortunately it neither works in Logic 10.8.1 nor does it support my to go reverbs.

@cbtw It certainly works in Logic! Please email us at theteam@widebluesound.com.
WideBlueSound.com

widebluesound wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 10:59 pm Introducing SILENCER

— Add groundbreaking, patent-pending functionality to the reverb plugins you already own.
— For the first time, completely reset the reverb between each note, making your parts clearer than ever before.
— Design new reverb worlds with bespoke effects and your existing VSTs.

Hear more at www.WideBlueSound.com/silencer

I love the idea of this plugin, but whenever I try it, it sounds unnatural to me because the reverbs (or delays) just get cut off immediately. Have you considered to add a release control to the timegate?

edit: disregard

Dr.Gunjah wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:06 pm I love the idea of this plugin, but whenever I try it, it sounds unnatural to me because the reverbs (or delays) just get cut off immediately. Have you considered to add a release control to the timegate?
While that is technically impossible, those who are in your position add a second reverb after it (it doesn't have to be inside Silencer) and blend it in to taste. Hope that's helpful!
WideBlueSound.com

Thanks for your reply, however I don't understand how this is the same. Let's say I have a huge reverb from supermassive or something. Cutting off such a reverb immediately is very noticeable. With a release control (best case release time and shape) I could just let it fade out in the exact tone of the reverb. How would I do this by adding another reverb?

Well, you would shorten the 2nd reverb's delay time to the length that you'd want the Timegated reverb's release time to be. :)

It may not sound exactly the same as turning down the delay time, but it should sound great, and sound better than the alternatives:

1. Literally turning down the delay time parameter in reverbs often isn't possible without unwanted side effects.

2. Doing auto fade-outs for each retrigger would not sound appealing. Each reverb has its own characteristic decay; for one, different frequencies decay at different speeds, which obviously isn't possible with volume. So it will sound much better if you use this technique.

Regards,
Nathan Rightnour
WideBlueSound.com

widebluesound wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:06 pm 2. Doing auto fade-outs for each retrigger would not sound appealing. Each reverb has its own characteristic decay; for one, different frequencies decay at different speeds, which obviously isn't possible with volume. So it will sound much better if you use this technique.
Then again, a "not exactly perfect" volume fade-out is still better than the sound just stopping immediately in my book. It could also be used creatively to have a bit of the "old" tail overlapping the "new" tail without having the issue that cumulative 20s decay reverb tails quickly turning the mix into mud.

Anyway, since you're obviously not interested in that feature and I'm not going the xzibit route of "putting a reverb on my reverb so it reverbs when the other reverb stops reverbing" because that sounds like a massive PITA to dial in, I'll just uninstall and move on.

Thanks anyway for getting in touch.

Return to “Effects”