Arturia _Augmented YANGTZE

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 3:08 pm It's cool but why do these have to be different plugins? They are the same structure. Why can't we load the augmented instruments plugin and then pick from pianos or brass or Yankees or whatever.
Yeah.. they want to bloat up the v collection. They could just release Augmented as a plugin and sell these as the expansions.

Arturia released a bundle of all 6 Augmented's and put it on sale for $199.

yahtzee.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Uncle E wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 5:23 pm Arturia released a bundle of all 6 Augmented's and put it on sale for $199.
Yeh, I am getting offered it for $99 as an upgrade (not sure from what I just have V collection 8 think) but I am still not tempted as I suspect I will get them 'at some point' when I upgrade to V Collection XII or whatever!

Personally I think these should always have bee a separate 'bundle' and should be taken out of V Collection and lower the new/upgrade price!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

lotus2035 wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 5:29 pm yahtzee.jpg
got that for xmas as a kid. worst gift ever.

Uncle E wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 5:23 pm Arturia released a bundle of all 6 Augmented's and put it on sale for $199.
Yeah but then: “another release in the Augmented series, upgrade now for €79!” 😂

vurt wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 6:11 pm
lotus2035 wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 5:29 pm yahtzee.jpg
got that for xmas as a kid. worst gift ever.
Augmented Kerplunk?

I am a philistine and I love commercial music <insert favourite consumer items here>

Arturia really needs to make Augmented it's own single instrument and sell it outside of V Collection

They don't need 6 different Augmented instruments, just one with a large sample library, it's like Arturia is trying to be Roland with the SRX plugins in Roland Cloud

IvyBirds wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 9:37 pm
Arturia really needs to make Augmented it's own single instrument and sell it outside of V Collection

They don't need 6 different Augmented instruments, just one with a large sample library, it's like Arturia is trying to be Roland with the SRX plugins in Roland Cloud
I think they were not entirely sure about the reception of the augmented series at first, and did not want to start all-in.

Just tried Yangtze, and I really like it. I think there's a huge room and growing interest for augmented world instruments. Maybe they could do more explorations on voicing setups and playstyle configurations to make these products more expressive.

If they keep it this way, the plugin list and folder will quickly become oversaturated.
There's already a huge list of synths from the classic V-Collection.

I believe it is not too late to change the infrastructure to one central plugin if they plan with the augmented series for the long term.

Now they've started bundling the Augmented libraries together, it makes sense to hive them off in the next V Collection.

A plausible future direction is to split Analog Lab in two - one for V Collection without the Augmented series, and the other as a new A Collection. What would also help is if they designed patches specific for the A Collection that used multiple Augmented libraries.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W11, Ryzen 7900, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2024 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

nice sample pack
aliasing plugin owner
:?

martiu wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 8:02 am nice sample pack
Change your avatar back right this very instant
A well-behaved signature.

JerGoertz wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 8:47 am
martiu wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 8:02 am nice sample pack
Change your avatar back right this very instant
buy this arturia sample pack, do now :?
aliasing plugin owner
:?

LFO8 wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 5:01 pm
Echoes in the Attic wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 3:08 pm It's cool but why do these have to be different plugins? They are the same structure. Why can't we load the augmented instruments plugin and then pick from pianos or brass or Yankees or whatever.
Yeah.. they want to bloat up the v collection. They could just release Augmented as a plugin and sell these as the expansions.
Yeah what happens now is if you pay €29 for this you get the next V-Collection for €29 less when it comes out.

Great for Arturia since they get €29 extra regardless, not so great for users who are just interested in keyboards and synths but are "forced" to buy random sampled instruments one way or another every time they upgrade their V-Collection.
Last edited by AdvancedFollower on Thu May 02, 2024 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

davidka wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 6:19 am I think there's a huge room and growing interest for augmented world instruments....I believe it is not too late to change the infrastructure to one central plugin if they plan with the augmented series for the long term.
I wish Arturia would do with Augmented what Korg does with their M1 plugin. All of the sample and patch content that was originally sold on separate cards is there as separate libraries that you just click on and use

Arturia could easily sell new sample content as it becomes available and then every 18 months or so just come out with a new version that includes all of it like they do with the V collection and the Effects collection

Return to “Instruments”