The Synthmaster 3 Thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

buzz1 wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 10:22 am Thanks for that.
I was really kind of wondering how users found its CPU use in practice, in the same way perhaps that Pigments is considered high, Spire maybe medium, and Rapid for example, low. Sort of general in use thing.........
The CPU usage depends on multiple things. But I am hoping that SynthMaster 3 would fall somewhere in beween low and medium.
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

Hi
Does the osc Analog have a lot of aliasing ?
Whatever the saw preset I choice. There is a high amount of aliasing even set with qualitry set on best

Hi Bulent,
I have a question about preset: having everything bundle, is this compatible with Synthmaster 3? If yes how can I install in it? I tried the restore thing but is not working. Maybe something wrong by my side?

Gam456 wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 5:41 pm Hi
Does the osc Analog have a lot of aliasing ?
Whatever the saw preset I choice. There is a high amount of aliasing even set with qualitry set on best
Yes it does have aliasing, especially when the segment lengths are short in the waveform. That's why we added quality settings to change oversampling ratios.

If you ask me if I would be able to optimize the VAnalog Osc, my answer would be no. I can only add further oversampling ratios. Right now we have Low (no oversampling), Normal (x2 oversampling), High (x3 oversampling) and Best (x4 oversampling)

The purpose of the VAnalog osc is to really render the waveforms as if we are running analog circuit.

If you want to use "bandlimited" oscillators, Basic/wavetable/additive/vector is the right way to go :)
Last edited by kv331 on Thu May 02, 2024 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Works at KV331 Audio

newluc wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 5:50 pm Hi Bulent,
I have a question about preset: having everything bundle, is this compatible with Synthmaster 3? If yes how can I install in it? I tried the restore thing but is not working. Maybe something wrong by my side?
If you are an everything bundle user, make sure you install SynthMaster One and SynthMaster 2. and Restore Expansions inside those synths. SM3 won't restore SM1 / SM2 expansions directly.
Works at KV331 Audio

Thanks!

As previous owner of Synthmaster 2 and Synthmaster One, I have received a coupon for the everything bundle. Is it on purpose that full price + applied coupon is a higher price than the synthmaster 2 upgrade price to the everything bundle. It's a bit of a head scratcher for me.

Are there any plans for a native Linux version?

bnz wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 6:58 pm Is it on purpose that full price + applied coupon is a higher price than the synthmaster 2 upgrade price to the everything bundle. It's a bit of a head scratcher for me.
The credit amount is calculated based on your past purchases. You probably purchased at a very low price. If you think there is an error, please send me a private message with your registered email address.
bnz wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 6:58 pm Are there any plans for a native Linux version?
Not yet.
Works at KV331 Audio

kv331 wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 6:04 pm
The purpose of the VAnalog osc is to really render the waveforms as if we are running analog circuit.

If you want to use "bandlimited" oscillators, Basic/wavetable/additive/vector is the right way to go :)
The whole point to run as an analog circuit is not have any aliasing like real VCO
I'm afraid. It's totally unusable and dispointed :scared:

Gam456 wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 7:54 pm The whole point to run as an analog circuit is not have any aliasing like real VCO
I'm afraid.
To minimize aliasing, the solution is oversampling.
Works at KV331 Audio

kv331 wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 7:57 pm
Gam456 wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 7:54 pm The whole point to run as an analog circuit is not have any aliasing like real VCO
I'm afraid.
I know, but so far x4 do almost nothing. I doubt a x8 will change anything

A basic preset with saw Andromeda
low - normal - high - best

https://soundcloud.com/user-311040946/a ... al_sharing

Are you still planning to release the granular osc for the final version or later ?

Gam456 wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 8:34 pm A basic preset with saw Andromeda
As a workaround, you can convert VAnalog oscillators to Wavetable. This way, they'd be bandlimited.
Works at KV331 Audio

Gam456 wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 8:34 pm
kv331 wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 7:57 pm
I'm afraid.
I know, but so far x4 do almost nothing. I doubt a x8 will change anything

A basic preset with saw Andromeda

https://soundcloud.com/user-311040946/a ... al_sharing
There must be something wrong in the code if its that bad. Maybe there is no filter in the oversampling part? If you don‘t filter the frequencies above the 1/2 nyquist of the session rate, the oversampling would be useless…

I browsed through the Synthmaster 3 factory presets and found them to be overly simplistic and lacking dynamics. With most Synthmaster 2 and Synthmaster ONE presets, I have to program midi velocity modulation into several parameters to get the dynamics I want-- parameters like FILTER: cutoff, resolution, volume, OSC: tone, volume. (those are the main ones-- also mod env , amp env, effects mix, etc.) I've got my Yamaha CP33 keyboard set to the highest velocity response so I get a sharper response the harder I hit the keys. With most of the KEY, PLK, BEL, SY and LD patches in all Synthmasters, there is a limited range in volume and overall dynamics no matter how soft or hard I punch the keys. Also, most of these are overly washed in effects that I have to dial down considerably.

More important, as a starting point, can your patch authors normalize the loudness of all your patches so they don't come blasting through the speakers when previewing some of them? I have to remember to turn down my audio interfaces before trying new patches.

The potential for Synthmaster 3 is utterly fantastic and I hope the authors put more velocity dynamics into the presets their construct.
AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, Windows 10 22H2 64 bit, 32 gb ram, Behringer U-Phoria UMC1820, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Studio One 6.6, Yamaha Stage Piano CP33, Tripleplay midi controller

No sound demos since public beta? I know someone posted a problem of aliasing, so I don't mean that, I mean demoing the strengths of what on paper sounds like a powerful synthesizer?
I am a philistine and I love commercial music <insert favourite consumer items here>

Return to “Instruments”