Logic Pro 11 is announced

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Logic Pro

Lol, well there ya go

They should have reversed it, with all of this stuff coming OUT of the ipad. It would have been much less dystopian…

Apple for me is a dystopian company. I still have a somoa running on a pc, but the cursor of logic is not working. I am never going to buy a computer from that company, although I had my first Mac in 1986. To me the future is linux, with flatpacks and appimages, the case is won for linux. And of course I will try the new logic pro 11, it is a good DAW, but others like Ableton 12, Reaper, Studio One, Reason and Bitwig,etc. can do the job for me as well, since I do not need drumplayers and bassplayers alot. And I mostly play it myself, when needed. Actually the fun of just playing is what makes my day.
artie fichelle sounds natural

This is definitely the year of the Linux desktop. Guaranteed.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

Artie Fichelle wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 11:10 am Apple for me is a dystopian company. I still have a somoa running on a pc, but the cursor of logic is not working. I am never going to buy a computer from that company, although I had my first Mac in 1986. To me the future is linux, with flatpacks and appimages, the case is won for linux. And of course I will try the new logic pro 11, it is a good DAW, but others like Ableton 12, Reaper, Studio One, Reason and Bitwig,etc. can do the job for me as well, since I do not need drumplayers and bassplayers alot. And I mostly play it myself, when needed. Actually the fun of just playing is what makes my day.
While I'm no fan of Apple and it's behavior, I've tried the Linux route and I spent far too much time getting things working rather than working. Also, there's no Ableton Live. ;-)

But hypocritically, while not being a fan of Apple the company, I am a huge fan of its products. I won't pay for an iPhone but I did get a Mac Studio, and love it to death.

Just reading the Logic 11 release, they bandy about the word "creativity" way too much. I don't see how adding AI is related to user creativity. Creativity as in being creative, i.e., creating things. Pressing a button and letting the computer do things for you is in no way, shape, or form, being creative. Maybe you might form an idea or two after listening, but... Just saying.

jonljacobi wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 4:36 pm Just reading the Logic 11 release, they bandy about the word "creativity" way too much. I don't see how adding AI is related to user creativity. Creativity as in being creative, i.e., creating things. Pressing a button and letting the computer do things for you is in no way, shape, or form, being creative. Maybe you might form an idea or two after listening, but... Just saying.
Apple is not trying to replace creativity, they are giving tools to people who may not know how to play bass or may not have great piano chops but can put together decent chords. It's not that different from buying EZDrummer, EZKeys etc and its' vast library of midi loops, except Logic's version has parameters you can tweak and is a bit smarter than just playing back a pre=made midi loop.

Imagine you are a guitarist. You write your music on guitar, you don't know how to play piano, you want to add a piano piece to play along with your guitar playing to create a demo. You drop this AI assisted Piano session player. It knows the chords you've played from your guitar. You can tell it what style you want it to play, how soft or involved it should play. It's smart enough to figure out the rhythm of your guitar playing and can follow along. Now you have a decent backing track you can use to fill out your demo.

That's how a lot of people use Drummer which has been in Logic for quite some time and is quite popular. It certainly didn't "kill creativity".
Studio One // Bitwig // Logic Pro // Ableton // Reason // FLStudio // MPC // Force // Maschine

revvy wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 11:33 amThis is definitely the year of the Linux desktop. Guaranteed.
Just like last year was, and the year before that and the year before and the year... etc., etc., all the way back to last Century.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

apoclypse wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 4:57 am
N 4 LIFE wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 3:23 am Here is the video I was speaking of a few posts back. It really makes me mad. What do the rest of you think?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntjkwIXWtrc
I don’t care?
f**k. I watched it out of curiosity. I don’t understand the fuss.

A company creates an ad to boast (exaggerate/sell) its product capability. Seems normal.

Don’t care either.

apoclypse wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 12:08 am Imagine you are a guitarist. You write your music on guitar, you don't know how to play piano, you want to add a piano piece to play along with your guitar playing to create a demo. You drop this AI assisted Piano session player. It knows the chords you've played from your guitar. You can tell it what style you want it to play, how soft or involved it should play. It's smart enough to figure out the rhythm of your guitar playing and can follow along. Now you have a decent backing track you can use to fill out your demo.

That's how a lot of people use Drummer which has been in Logic for quite some time and is quite popular. It certainly didn't "kill creativity".
Yes... lots of people aren't trying to do everything or be producers.

“Creatives” were offended by THAT?! It was no more absurd than any other marketing hyperbole, but there was nothing offensive about and it certainly didn’t warrant an apology IMO.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7 | TR-8S | MPC One | TD-3 MO

pdxindy wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 1:22 am
apoclypse wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 12:08 am Imagine you are a guitarist. You write your music on guitar, you don't know how to play piano, you want to add a piano piece to play along with your guitar playing to create a demo. You drop this AI assisted Piano session player. It knows the chords you've played from your guitar. You can tell it what style you want it to play, how soft or involved it should play. It's smart enough to figure out the rhythm of your guitar playing and can follow along. Now you have a decent backing track you can use to fill out your demo.

Yes... lots of people aren't trying to do everything or be producers.
Exactly. Some folks think they are Prince nowadays or something.
Studio One // Bitwig // Logic Pro // Ableton // Reason // FLStudio // MPC // Force // Maschine

parma wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 6:58 am
Lol, well there ya go
That’s unreal. I guess for every move a company makes these days they’ll have to be ready with a follow up press release about how they “missed the mark” or “didn’t live up to their values” and will “do better.”

It’s nice we have a tiny portion of Twitter and forums to police all these “atrocities” for us.

Should be 10.9.x.
I don't like these generative machines, either. I rarely even use an arp, ffs. Drummer doesn't do certain type beats that I prefer in many cases. I've found it virtually useless for my needs.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Love the latest update.
It’s free again…
I wish Steinberg, Ableton, Reason and others do the same :wink:

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”