UDO Audio Super Gemini

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Rumors are circulating that a Super Gemini Desktop will be unveiled at Superbooth next week.

I absolutely love the look and design of the UDO synths but I'm afraid they pass under my radar too. The big hype is the binaural stuff which I just don't get the point of. Well, I do but don't see it as useful. Great for doing wide stereo shit with headphones on when all you're doing is fiddling, but close to useless in a mix IMO. And even when I'm just fiddling...that's not the kind of thing I like stereo for. Otherwise they seem to be based on Juno/Jupiters - more like the Jupiter6 unless I got the wrong end of the stick. Now Jupiter6 is definitely my preferred out of the Jupiters, but the price is a bit inflated IMO. When you look at alternatives I don't see UDOs as even close to value, but not great enough to warrant big money in their own right. Similar price to a big fuckoff Arturia, I can get a 16voice Korg for less, I could get a Behringer UBX + Jupiter (when they come out) for the same price.

As for your home studio circumstance I see 2 main solutions.

1. New bigger house
2. New more understanding wife
Possibly even 3 - sell a kid and free up a room.

Life involves a lot of give and take, but a man's musical toys should not have to be sacrificed for matrimonial harmony. :uhuhuh:
You might have to forego sex for several months, maybe even years, but I'd just stack 'em up in the front room and be damned. :hihi:

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”