The Legend HZ by Synapse Audio now available!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
The Legend The Legend HZ

LFO8 wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 7:29 am Why not keep the original Legend for sale for people that just want the simple but good sounding Moog vibe at half the price??
I know, very odd.
<list your stupid gear here>

BONES wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 2:43 am
Gam456 wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 10:43 amThe only pointless here with your thought. It's you Please move on.
So you have nothing, no facts to support your absolutely ridiculous comment. What a surprise.
You again. Are you still there ? Do You sleep well ? So agressive. Take a camomille tea and move on

Jac459 wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 3:57 am
Yes fully agree, the way the oscillators interact with each others coming to the filter is just working well. It is so easy and playful... I tried to reproduce this in Phase Plant but couldn't. It doesn't work as well. Even when adding a bit of slow subtle chaos on the fine pitch and phase of each of the oscillators... It doesn't sound bad. But it sound... As expected.
Like you, I am surprised by the "touch" the sound can get just mixing a bit more oscillators in Legend HZ. A true good surprise.
I don't own Legend HZ, I'm not a Moog fan
That interraction make me love Softube Model 80 every day, I wish a Prophet 10 Model 8)
I believe the interraction it's only possible with advance circuit component modeling like u-he, Softube, Gforce, Synapse, Roland does.

Gam456 wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 9:41 am
Yes fully agree, the way the oscillators interact with each others coming to the filter is just working well. It is so easy and playful... I tried to reproduce this in Phase Plant but couldn't. It doesn't work as well. Even when adding a bit of slow subtle chaos on the fine pitch and phase of each of the oscillators... It doesn't sound bad. But it sound... As expected.
Like you, I am surprised by the "touch" the sound can get just mixing a bit more oscillators in Legend HZ. A true good surprise.
That interraction make me love Softube Model 80 every day, I wish a Prophet 10 Model 8)
I believe the interraction it's only possible with advance circuit component modeling like u-he, Softube, Gforce, Synapse, Roland does.
Yes, as a non-VA-lover, I couldn't care less if my sound sounds from one synth or another. But with this interaction, I may change my views... Never found that with Diva though... I'll give it another go...

BONES wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 3:15 am Maybe Rich took the opportunity to tweak the sound but, if so, he hasn't mentioned it.
Could test whether it nulls with The Legend when the settings are the same (and effects that have been added or changed, like the delay etc., are off of course).

zvenx wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 5:37 pm I assume you mean for Legend that are compatible to the HZ... It is so new, I haven't heard of any third party banks that use the new features, much less good third party banks which do.
Understandable.

Depends on what type of sounds.. Synapse has their own Modern Analog Bank for the Legend which is of course compatible (clearly not third party).
I personally didn't find any third party banks for the Legend that I liked, ymmv.
rsp
Thanks, I will take a closer look at that one.

There are a few 3rd party commercial banks for Legend which are compatible with LHZ, but of course do not make use of the new features in the update.

I'm sure it won't be long before banks for LHZ start appearing, especially since the inclusion of Genetics :wink:

I though you got The Legend with the HZ version but it seems that's not the case. I don't understand why, because HZ is an augmented version of The Legend that can instantiate all of The Legends presets. How could I possibly be expected to pay another wad of cash for a lesser version of what I already bought?
If you don't eat yer meat, you can't have any pudding. HOW CAN YOU HAVE ANY PUDDING IF YOU DON'T EAT YER MEAT!?

Jac459 wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 9:46 am
Gam456 wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 9:41 am
Yes, as a non-VA-lover, I couldn't care less if my sound sounds from one synth or another. But with this interaction, I may change my views... Never found that with Diva though... I'll give it another go...
Honestly I don't care about VA or digital
What matter. Does it fit my composition ? Does this sound give me goosebumps or not ? :wink:

seafire wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 7:01 pm There are a few 3rd party commercial banks for Legend which are compatible with LHZ, but of course do not make use of the new features in the update.

I'm sure it won't be long before banks for LHZ start appearing, especially since the inclusion of Genetics :wink:
One from me likely incoming. If anyone has ideas of sounds one would like, genres, or areas of focus bass/sequences/pads etc, let me know.
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

LFO8 wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 7:29 am Why not keep the original Legend for sale for people that just want the simple but good sounding Moog vibe at half the price??
kenny saunders wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 8:54 pm I though you got The Legend with the HZ version but it seems that's not the case. I don't understand why, because HZ is an augmented version of The Legend that can instantiate all of The Legends presets. How could I possibly be expected to pay another wad of cash for a lesser version of what I already bought?
I'm guessing development and maintenance of The Legend OG will stop eventually. It's just an assumption, I don't know anything that backs that up.

kenny saunders wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 8:54 pm because HZ is an augmented version of The Legend that can instantiate all of The Legends presets. How could I possibly be expected to pay another wad of cash for a lesser version of what I already bought?
but if you already own LHZ and it can do everything the OG does, why would you even consider it?

it seems to me it would only make sense for someone who can't afford LHZ in the first place.

I don't understand why someone would expect to get Legend after buying Legend HZ.
Why would you even need Legend? Legend HZ does all Legend can do and much more.

And to the person wanting it at half price, would you also consider they should keep the upgrade price the same? Thus someone can in essence buy The Legend + upgrade to Legend HZ, cheaper than Just buying Legend HZ outright? ($50+79 vs $179)

rsp
Last edited by zvenx on Mon May 13, 2024 3:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
sound sculptist

JamminFool wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 3:09 am .....

but if you already own LHZ and it can do everything the OG does, why would you even consider it?

it seems to me it would only make sense for someone who can't afford LHZ in the first place.
Exactly..
And Legend has been out how many years now? Beyond sales, were people still buying it?
rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 3:11 am I don't understand why someone would expect to get Legend after buying Legend HZ.
Why would you even need Legend? Legend HZ does all Legend can do and much more.
But you see people are insanely weird these days. Terrible whining spoiled brats.

I can guarantee you one thing. Hypothetically speaking if Jesus or Buda or XY lands down and gives each KVR member the same dimensioning and weight golden brick of 1kg - people would still complain. They would find a reason to complain. Or else they would ask someone new to join in at KVR and complain.

Either way, they would find a way to complain. Like Why not 2 kg, why not the shape of an orb instead of a brick? What happens with those who were not registered at the time of the miracle? What about banned members? And so on.

It is a mark of the time we live in. Everyone is an expert in their mind, hidden behind an armchair and screen, and in reality, everyone is extremely below being an expert.

Who knows what the future holds? If calculated by today's values - not much. But then again it's a surprise :hihi:

Return to “Instruments”