Arturia PolyBrute 12

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Since the Arturiazzi deleted my last post after the initial leak…

https://partituraonline.com/sintetizado ... te-12.html

Specifications:

12-Voice Polyphonic Analog Synthesizer
61-Note FullTouch Keyboard with MPE Velocity Sensitivity
2 Analog Oscillators: Sawtooth, Triangle + Metalizer, Square + Pulse Width, Sub Oscillator
FM and Sync
Noise Generator with Continuous Noise Color
Oscillator and Noise Mixer with Filter Routing
12dB Steiner-Parker Multimode Filter: Continuous Morphing LP > HP > BP and Brut Factor
24dB Ladder Low Pass Filter with Filter Saturation
Filter FM with Oscillator or Noise FM Modulation
3 ADSR Envelope Generators with Looping Capability
Three LFOs: 2 Multi-Waveform LFOs with Phase, Fade-In, and Sync Options; LFO3 with Variable Waveform and Advanced Retrig Capabilities
Motion Recorder: Records Knob, Slider, Ribbon, and Morphée Movements
Motion Playback in Single Take or Loop Mode
3 Digital Effects Slots
Modulation, Reverb, and Delay Effects
New Multimode Distortion
Multiple FX Presets for Each Slot
Send, Insert, or True Bypass Modes
12x32 Modulation Matrix: Up to 32 Destinations and 64 Connections
64-Step Polyphonic Sequencer: Key, Accent, Slide, and 3 Parameter Modulation Tracks
OLED Display and Preset Navigation: 768 Preset Slots and 480 Factory Presets
Ribbon Controller
XYZ Morphée Controller: Morphing Control, Sequencer Randomization, or Matrix Modes
Stereo Master Outputs
Sync In and Out
Pedal Inputs
1 Sustain Pedal + 2 Expression Pedals
MIDI and USB Interface
PolyBrute Companion Software: Preset Visualization and Editing, including Morphing
Preset Library
Plugin Version for DAW Integration

Price: 3.905,45 Euro
IMG_0040.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7 | TR-8S | MPC One | TD-3 MO

eye-wateringly expensive and erm... beige ?!!

Amazing specs though and I'm sure it will be a beautiful synth to play (if not look at)

The color is certainly controversial, but I like it. I still prefer the darker OG, though. The price tag is about where I'd expect it to be when you consider that they doubled the voice count and added MPE (and likely a new keybed) for about a $1K increase.

My question is whether or not Arturia will keep the original 6-voice version in their lineup. I would think so, since the PB12 is unlikely to have as many buyers as the original, so having the lower price point option seems like a no-brainer.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7 | TR-8S | MPC One | TD-3 MO

https://youtu.be/6Gz5FFHe8OI

Goes into the luxury item category for me.
<list your stupid gear here>

61-Note FullTouch Keyboard with MPE Velocity Sensitivity

What is MPE Velocity Sensitivity?

Is that an ashtray on the left?

No it's a beer mat for putting your pint glass on.

I do like my PB. The MPE keys sound quite impressive. Music Radar's news story on it seems to say that you can slide your finger up and down the key to modulate sounds:

"Where things get interesting is the synth's third aftertouch mode, which Arturia has named FullTouch. In this mode, the whole of each key's range of travel is used for expression rather than just the bottom end." https://www.musicradar.com/news/arturia-polybrute-12

Holy Sh*t!! It's like an Osmose keybed!!

Wow... combine that with the ribbon, X/Y/Z pad and preset morphing and there is no other analog synth ever made that comes close.

Wonder how close the VST is. I do like the general Brute sound, having a microbrute
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Did Loopop say it weighs 7 lbs more than the PB6? That makes it, what, 507 lbs? :hihi:

Gotta admit that I'm on the fence now. I originally planned this to be a day one purchase, but I'm going to wait and see how it plays out. I'm one of those weirdos who actually likes the keybed in the PB6, so I want to get my hands on the PB12 keybed before making a decision. The 6 extra voices would be nice, but I don't feel like the PB6's voice count limits me for most of the sounds I use it for. And, the PB6 already has so many features for expression that I'm not sure the additional MPE features are even necessary for my studio work, although Loopop's demonstration sure looks pretty cool.

Glad to hear that there's no fan or fan noise, but a big decision for me will be hearing from the early adopters how much heat that baby puts out. It already gets uncomfortably warm in my little studio if I'm not cranking the A/C. It also looks substantially larger than the PB6 and desktop real estate in my studio is already running at a premium.

VariKusBrainZ wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 4:15 pm Wonder how close the VST is. I do like the general Brute sound, having a microbrute
What VST? PolyBrute Connect doesn’t generate sound. It’s just a controller.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

drool..

if the MPE plays nice with Bitwig, I must have one of these. Fabulous expression possibilities, and not just within the internal synth, hopefully.

Double Tap wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 4:09 pm Music Radar's news story on it seems to say that you can slide your finger up and down the key to modulate sounds:
Not what it means, unfortunately. it works on pressure (from the very first initial downward movement of the key), not the finger position on the key

zerocrossing wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 4:49 pm
VariKusBrainZ wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 4:15 pm Wonder how close the VST is. I do like the general Brute sound, having a microbrute
What VST? PolyBrute Connect doesn’t generate sound. It’s just a controller.
OP's post stated:
Plugin Version for DAW Integration
So he assumed a VST plugin.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”