Bets on impOscar 3?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

martinjuenke wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 10:43 pm Upgrade price 79 USD estimated.
Where'd you get that figure? My previous upgrades have been £25 before tax.

Mr Arkadin wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 12:13 am Where'd you get that figure? My previous upgrades have been £25 before tax.
He probably just pulled it out of his butt. GForce updates are usually very reasonable.

Well I guess we were pretty wrong about the timeframe. They've released the SEM, the OB-X and now the Axxess during a time that I definitely thought they'd have been upgrading the imp2 to come along with the minimonsta and oddity to the modern age.

impOSCar 2 is currently on sale: https://www.gforcesoftware.com/products/
along with the other ways to get it recently. I'd imagine the thinking is to get
the maximum amount of 2 users first, and then let the 3 update go.

nvm

GF are going like a moonrocket. Can't wait for IMPOSCAR3, ambient paradise synth. Fingers crossed it'll have 'verb and full mod capabilities.
Mac M2 Studio Ultra, UAD Apollo Quad, Neumann/Genelec monitors, Logic Pro X, Ableton

I'd like to think they left it for last because they are doing some kind if cool upgrade to the oscs and maybe even giving it the gforce modulation treatment. Would be kind of weird if it was the only one that didn't have all that extra modulation. On the other hand there werensome really cool hardware controllers built for imposcar and I wonder if they are going to try to maintain compatibility with those by having the simplified hardware type setup. I guess as long as they keep all the existing envelopes and lfos it should be alright.

The developer of Imposcar was Jon Hodgson. He was a member here. I see his last posts are from 2017. If he is not involved anymore, updates could be problematic/not possible. That is just speculation on my part, but also could be the real reason why Imposcar is not being updated. Here is a link to his posts:
search.php?author_id=6570&sr=posts

Medenka wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:32 pm The developer of Imposcar was Jon Hodgson. He was a member here. I see his last posts are from 2017. If he is not involved anymore, updates could be problematic/not possible. That is just speculation on my part, but also could be the real reason why Imposcar is not being updated. Here is a link to his posts:
search.php?author_id=6570&sr=posts
Hadn't thought of that. Was he not involved in any of the new synths or updates?

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:29 pm I'd like to think they left it for last because they are doing some kind if cool upgrade to the oscs and maybe even giving it the gforce modulation treatment....
Adding the XLFO's and XADSR's would be quite a treat.
Some way to apply it to the additive oscillators would be great too.
I also like their newer style patch management system.
Hope it's not too much longer before an official word about it.

felis wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 11:59 pm
Echoes in the Attic wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:29 pm I'd like to think they left it for last because they are doing some kind if cool upgrade to the oscs and maybe even giving it the gforce modulation treatment....
Adding the XLFO's and XADSR's would be quite a treat.
Some way to apply it to the additive oscillators would be great too.
I also like their newer style patch management system.
Hope it's not too much longer before an official word about it.
Yeah I'm really looking forward to the new patch browser in imp3 (assuming they are doing it!)

Xmods on the additive osc would be pretty cool. And actually the individual partials are automatable in imp2 so I don't see why they couldn't be modulatable too!

Well, seems the wait is over. 30 GBP before tax for the upgrade. No brainer…
Mac, Logic, some synths, software, stuff and unstuff, with and without knobs

Sucks there are no X-modulators, but the wavetable oscillators and LFOs make up for it. The new reverb sounds amazing. However, the improved effects and poly-unison really make impOSCar 3 more CPU-heavy (but not Repro heavy) compared to its predecessor.

Return to “Instruments”