The Legend HZ by Synapse Audio now available!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
The Legend The Legend HZ

BONES wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 6:47 am
Jac459 wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 1:01 amI think you are mixing entrepreneurship and sponsorship. Making money by creating your company and making money by selling your reputation (a billion dollars market in sport) are 2 different things.
Not in terms of your reputation, they aren't. Endorsing a shit product or selling one will do equal damage.
True

seafire wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 4:05 am
BONES wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 12:16 am Try the demo and you might also gain understanding.
He wont. He has no interest in SA stuff, but still pollutes their threads.
And that's where you're completely wrong. I AM interested in their synths. I owned Dune 3 and Obsession. They didn't please me sonically, so, I sold them. I'm always interested in their future products though.

See, that's the kind of stupid stuff I read here every day, from people who are easily insulted, when you don't like what they like. It's what makes this site so unbearable at times.

It's really simple. If I wouldn't be interested, I wouldn't be here. But, the simple things seem to be hard too hard for some.

chk071 wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 8:59 am See, that's the kind of stupid stuff I read here every day, from people who are easily insulted, when you don't like what they like. It's what makes this site so unbearable at times.
yeah, so unbearable that you only posted 35,500+ times. :roll: :P

:lol:

See, that's what I mean. You write that the synth has a few too many oscillators, and people jump on you. It's you guys who pose the problem, not people like me. Time to understand that.

I think everybody should cool down and hugs :-).

1 - Legend HZ sounds awesome and it is partly due to the 6 oscillators
2 - Legend HZ has a demo so chk071 will be able to test and enjoy happiness,
3 - I do think Obsession sounds great....

chk071 wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 9:34 am See, that's what I mean. You write that the synth has a few too many oscillators, and people jump on you. It's you guys who pose the problem, not people like me. Time to understand that.
You
You
You
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

chk071 wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 9:34 am See, that's what I mean. You write that the synth has a few too many oscillators, and people jump on you. It's you guys who pose the problem, not people like me. Time to understand that.
See, that's the kind of stupid stuff I read here every day, from people who are easily insulted...

:hihi:

JamminFool wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 10:06 am
See, that's the kind of stupid stuff I read here every day, from people who are easily insulted...

:hihi:
Our friend form Dresden cannot accept that he might be the problem, no point in pursuing that with him. I agree with you, his 35k post count is very ‘impressive’.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

@revvy, i'm still trying to figure out where you lost your heart. :o :D

chk071 wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 8:59 am
seafire wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 4:05 am
BONES wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 12:16 am Try the demo and you might also gain understanding.
He wont. He has no interest in SA stuff, but still pollutes their threads.
And that's where you're completely wrong. I AM interested in their synths. I owned Dune 3 and Obsession. They didn't please me sonically, so, I sold them. I'm always interested in their future products though.

Did you not try the demos first?

The upgrade fee is more than I paid for the synth :lol:

As for the synth itself, obviously it sounds great, gritty and fat as hell. I find it's hampered a bit by the lack of oscillator panning. A jarring omission in a 6-osc synth. The sequencer and mod matrix are easy to use. The new effects are fine.

The interface suffers a bit from the wall-of-dials syndrome that afflicts some of the Cherry Audio synths, but it's either that or tabs.

Overall, I'm not sure why but I'm not really feeling it. What was originally a nice simple synth has inflated into something with double the number of visible controls. I never once wished that The Legend had more oscillators or a sequencer or MSEGs, and now they're there I don't feel like I need them. A few presets make clever use of the new features, but nothing that's made me want to get my wallet out. It's all very well making presets that make you go "Ooh that's clever" but they're rarely useful in a track.

Maybe it's just that there's so many good tools available these days that's it hard to be impressed or feel like I need to add a new one to my toolkit.

I think it's time you understand that it doesn't work that way. They won't strip down features from a product because you find it has too many of something. I know you are a longtime user so I am surprised you have the balls to say something as silly as that. Why are sou surprised then? But it's fine I guess. I suggest you try it. (trial)

Vortifex wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 11:47 am The upgrade fee is more than I paid for the synth :lol:

As for the synth itself, obviously it sounds great, gritty and fat as hell. I find it's hampered a bit by the lack of oscillator panning. A jarring omission in a 6-osc synth. The sequencer and mod matrix are easy to use. The new effects are fine.

The interface suffers a bit from the wall-of-dials syndrome that afflicts some of the Cherry Audio synths, but it's either that or tabs.

Overall, I'm not sure why but I'm not really feeling it. What was originally a nice simple synth has inflated into something with double the number of visible controls. I never once wished that The Legend had more oscillators or a sequencer or MSEGs, and now they're there I don't feel like I need them. A few presets make clever use of the new features, but nothing that's made me want to get my wallet out. It's all very well making presets that make you go "Ooh that's clever" but they're rarely useful in a track.

Maybe it's just that there's so many good tools available these days that's it hard to be impressed or feel like I need to add a new one to my toolkit.
Well, I do agree on the oscillators panning, quite surprising omission.

BUT, contrary to you I have more interest for the synth that I thought I would have, these 6 oscillators mixing each others is something... It is a very easy way to have a fat nice sound and you still get enough control after with the MSEG to shape it the way you want.

To me that's my new definition of a simple fun synth.

Feature request: Add "Pitch Wheel" as modulation source.

Chris-S wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 4:23 pm Feature request: Add "Pitch Wheel" as modulation source.
Its a good idea, but only if the PB wheel be disconnected, pretty sure it is hardwired in all/most synths? Are there any that offer this option?

Return to “Instruments”