GForce impOSCar 3 is here

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Are there any good 3rd party presets for ImpOSCar out there?

art&sound wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 3:36 pm Are there any good 3rd party presets for ImpOSCar out there?
Plughugger has a very small free pack of 10 presets:

https://plughugger.com/freebies.html

egbert101 wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 3:18 pm
Medenka wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 2:27 pm It certainly looks as if the UI (and patch browser look too) was made by old people. Is Jon Hodgson still involved? I tried to find a credits pop-up, but couldn't.

u-he can't make such UIs as GForce does! Eyeroll!
If I remember right, when I was demoing V2, the UI was really tiny and practically unusable, so massive UI is a bonus if you really love using this VST, but the actual layout isn't particularly pleasant on my eyes. I do love the filter, but not enough to buy the VST.
There were multiple sizes of v2. One was quite big.

I watched that Plughugger vid linked here. Almost his first line was the usual "impOSCar is the most underrated synth". Is anyone on the net incapable of not calling something underrated? impOSCar has always been a pretty heftily rated synth ever since it was coded. I still constantly see references to it being regularly used despite its age. I think it's more like Plughugger is underrated as a twatonthenet.

Actually it was a half way decent vid, I just wish he didn't cater to lowest common demoninator for clicks. :roll:

And by the way - apropos of the previous page, I'm not having a bad day. I'm normally misanthropic on a good day. :P

To anybody who feel offended - find therapist ,start yoga class or learn foreign languge,nobody cares...why you even bother people with such stuff...if have opinion on topic,share,if not ,read others...what kvr is a tele novela,tv serial or high school theatrical play ,what ...

What changes were made to the V2 VCF modelling? Is JonHodgson here?
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

VELLTONE MUSIC wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 3:56 pm To anybody who feel offended - find therapist ,start yoga class or learn foreign languge,nobody cares...why you even bother people with such stuff...if have opinion on topic,share,if not ,read others...what kvr is a tele novela,tv serial or high school theatrical play ,what ...
Part of having the right to express an opinion means also having to deal with the right of others to tell you that your opinion is stupid. :hihi:

Off to my yoga class! :lol:
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

zerocrossing wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 4:10 pm Part of having the right to express an opinion means also having to deal with the right of others to tell you that your opinion is stupid. :hihi:
Actually it's against the forum rules to be abusive. Doesn't stop people from being hateful and abusive though. :neutral:
<list your stupid gear here>

egbert101 wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 4:12 pm
zerocrossing wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 4:10 pm Part of having the right to express an opinion means also having to deal with the right of others to tell you that your opinion is stupid. :hihi:
Actually it's against the forum rules to be abusive. Doesn't stop people from being hateful and abusive though. :neutral:
If you think that the mild jibes that have been observed in this thread are abusive, you should probably not be using the internet.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

zerocrossing wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 4:19 pm If you think that the mild jibes that have been observed in this thread are abusive, you should probably not be using the internet.
What is abusive and hateful is completely subjective. Unfortunately.
<list your stupid gear here>

electro wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 4:02 pm What changes were made to the V2 VCF modelling? Is JonHodgson here?
Why would changes need to be made? It's still impOSCar, and it's patch compatible, so I would expect the filter to be the same (excellent) filter it always was...

art&sound wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 3:36 pm Are there any good 3rd party presets for ImpOSCar out there?
I don't know if any of them are good, but I have free ones in my sig for impOSCar2. I'll be updating them soon for impOSCar3.

Mr Arkadin wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 5:35 pm
I don't know if any of them are good, but I have free ones in my sig for impOSCar2. I'll be updating them soon for impOSCar3.
Never noticed the free patches in your signature, thanks for those.

I'm not sure if this is a bug, stupid design, or user error, but when I select Wavetable for an oscillator type and try to use the Aux Mod set to PM1 or PM2 or both, absolutely nothing happens. I am able to change the pulse width on the pulse waveform. Did they really release a wavetable synth where you can't use an envelope to pass though the wave index? When I read the manual, it seems like it should work.
imposcar 3 manual wrote:PW/WT Position Knob

This knob only applies to the Pulse, PWM, and Wavetable (WT) waveforms. It doesn’t effect any of the other waveforms.
Zerocrossing Media

Return to “Instruments”