Waldorf Micro Q Emulator (Vavra)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Tone2 Synthesizers wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:39 am Has Waldorf given their permission to download and use their copyrighted ROMs in the context of an emulator without actually owning the synthesizer?
Short answer: No.

It's up to you to decide whether or not you wish to do so.

Vst3 version was crashing FL Studio, Vst2 version seems fine.

Anyone know if it is microtunable? My understanding is that Komplexer could get close to the sound of a microq, but 1. it wasn't microtunable and 2. it is no longer available. Hopefully Vavra has this capability.

terriandralph wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 2:23 am Anyone know if it is microtunable?
Not that I know of.

Note that the synth is 24 years old by now.

I bought a MicroQ shortly after it was released, and just sold it a few years ago. It doesn't have anything of the sort in it.

Hello,

I've never used discord and in trying to register somehow my account was disabled. I have emailed discord support but have not received a reply. I ended up downloading the version with the link at the beginning of this post and am wondering if there is a newer version available? Also is there a manual? I have some questions about how some things work. This thing sounds absolutely amazing especially since selling my old MWaveXT. Thanks for your help.

Haelan wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 6:43 pm Hello,

I've never used discord and in trying to register somehow my account was disabled. I have emailed discord support but have not received a reply. I ended up downloading the version with the link at the beginning of this post and am wondering if there is a newer version available? Also is there a manual? I have some questions about how some things work. This thing sounds absolutely amazing especially since selling my old MWaveXT. Thanks for your help.
You can download the hardware's manual from here: https://waldorfmusic.com/legacy-micro-q-series/

Which version are you running? v1.2.36 is the most recent one (but almost 9 months old now... bit lame how they hop to the next "hot" thing without doing much in terms of bugfixing etc.).

chk071 wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 6:51 pm
Haelan wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 6:43 pm Hello,

You can download the hardware's manual from here: https://waldorfmusic.com/legacy-micro-q-series/

Which version are you running? v1.2.36 is the most recent one (but almost 9 months old now... bit lame how they hop to the next "hot" thing without doing much in terms of bugfixing etc.).
It's hard to complain too much when thewy are free...perhaps if they ever find a way to make money from it (other than donations)_ they will have more manpower and motivation for bug hunting and polishing, until then its just a passion projects so I guess they just work on what they are interested in (the Ti is pretty good however!)
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Thank you for your helpful replies. Looks like I am using 1.2.36 which is the latest. Yes it seems a little rough but altogether I am able to get some really amazing sounds out of it. It just sounds huge and lush. Thanks for the link to the hardware manual. I figured that could be an option but some things like how to press shift+another button with just a mouse and if I could use a my keyboard to rename patches instead of the knobs were not obvious. When you save a preset in the editor page you can save a .mid of the whole patch but the name of the instrument stays the same within that folder and could not figure out how to rename the single instrument without doing it the old school way which makes sense I guess! Anyways all in all it sounds beautiful and was surprised to find such a gem! And yes I'd like them to fix bugs but also am secretly desiring an XT emulation which I heard they are working on.

Ah, fair enough, as those are plugin specific things, not hardware.

And, yeah, sound is great. :) As the other ones, very hard on the CPU though...

their 3 emulations are the best thing since french fries. just having them to use as preset editors and preset bank management is amazing, since i have the real hardware, let alone the vst integration and sound generation. it's just amazing.

i guess these emulations will make mystery islands / aura plugins go out of business. i bought a few of their plugins, which are not that cheap, and all i can say is that i had a terrible experience using them. it just just does not work ok and all the support could tell me is that mys usb/midi interface was not good enough.
Vintage Drum Machine Kits for the Roland TR8-S & MC-707 https://rhythmelectronics.bandcamp.com

i set up a midi controller to send the correct CC messages to Vavra (according to the microQ hardware manual).

i can hear, for example, that the filter is affected, but the GUI does not update to show the relevant knobs moving.

is this a known limitation/bug?

Return to “Instruments”