Reason 13 Announced- Sequencer updated!

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Post

WOw , wtf happened to this program ?
I used remember it runned so efficiently back in the day , now the graphics are putting a strain on the cpu ...incredible .
To clarify , I have a dell lattitude laptop from 2016 (then top of the line ) with a shitty intel graphics card but still .
A song in reason shows a considereabe cpu load in taskmanager , when reason is minimized the cpu load in taskmanager drops significantly .
No such issues with studio one , renoise etc...Reason's graphic's thread sucks mayor balls .
Rant over
Image
Image
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Post

IIRC by default the audio engine stops when reason is in the background. There’s a checkbox somewhere in the preferences.

Reason 13 is so good.

Post

spacepluk wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 2:01 pm IIRC by default the audio engine stops when reason is in the background. There’s a checkbox somewhere in the preferences.

Reason 13 is so good.
Who said anything about audio not being played ?
It’s about cpu strain when graphics are shown or not .,audio always plays because I have it always enables .
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Post

gentleclockdivider wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 1:17 pm WOw , wtf happened to this program ?
I used remember it runned so efficiently back in the day , now the graphics are putting a strain on the cpu ...incredible .
To clarify , I have a dell lattitude laptop from 2016 (then top of the line ) with a shitty intel graphics card but still .
A song in reason shows a considereabe cpu load in taskmanager , when reason is minimized the cpu load in taskmanager drops significantly .
No such issues with studio one , renoise etc...Reason's graphic's thread sucks mayor balls .
Rant over
Image
Image
Though I'm not running Reason 12 on an Laptop with integrated graphics, my Ryzen 7 PC runs it like a dream. Outside of Reaper, its probably the most efficient DAW I use. Granted, I have a pretty modest RX 550 graphics card in it but its optimized really well compared to Studio One, Cubase, and Bitwig on my end.
Windows 10 PC. Reason. Cubase. Waveform. Reaper. Studio One Pro. Epiphone Les Paul Pro II. Nektar Panorama t4. Yamaha RBX Bass. Faderport 2. Eris E5 Monitors. SSL2 Interface. Audient Evo 4. AKG C214. Aston Origin. MXL 990.

Post

gentleclockdivider wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 4:05 pm
It’s about cpu strain when graphics are shown or not .,audio always plays because I have it always enables .
What is your point? Are you going to use DAW by minimizing it? Seriously check my history. I am not the one throwing love for the Reason Studios or the program decisions.

The point is I am far from being a fanboy.

That being said I can use the same if not better amount of VSTi and FX in a Reason DAW when compared to Cubase or Live. Thus it is performing just the same sometimes even better.

Look, the days when you could load 300 instruments and 850FX are not gone. If you are going to rely only on the Reason inbuilt tools that were released up until 2017 then go for it - you can have that absurd amount of instruments. If you intend to use RE (Echo is RE etc.) or VSTi then you can expect about the same performance everyone else is offering.

Stop making drama out of something that is not it.

Post

Can’t wait long enough for Reason ver 13 release…

Post

kmonkey wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 8:17 pm What is your point? Are you going to use DAW by minimizing it? Seriously check my history. I am not the one throwing love for the Reason Studios or the program decisions.

The point is I am far from being a fanboy.

That being said I can use the same if not better amount of VSTi and FX in a Reason DAW when compared to Cubase or Live. Thus it is performing just the same sometimes even better.

Look, the days when you could load 300 instruments and 850FX are not gone. If you are going to rely only on the Reason inbuilt tools that were released up until 2017 then go for it - you can have that absurd amount of instruments. If you intend to use RE (Echo is RE etc.) or VSTi then you can expect about the same performance everyone else is offering.

Stop making drama out of something that is not it.
The point is coming to the Reason 13 thread and ruining the fun for the people that are excited about it with irrelevant stuff.

But yeah, same. The only other DAW that I use and can beat Reason in realtime performance is Pro Tools.

Post

gentleclockdivider wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 4:05 pm Who said anything about audio not being played ?
It’s about cpu strain when graphics are shown or not .,audio always plays because I have it always enables .
It looks like you need a new computer then.

Post

kmonkey wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 8:17 pm
gentleclockdivider wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 4:05 pm
It’s about cpu strain when graphics are shown or not .,audio always plays because I have it always enables .
What is your point?
If I am not completely misunderstanding him I think his point is that he stumbled upon indicators that appear to show that Reason's GUI code is rather inefficient and thus uses
quite a few CPU cycles instead of being processed mainly on the GPU - which seems like quite a fair point to me.

Post

spacepluk wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 10:46 pm The point is coming to the Reason 13 thread and ruining the fun for the people that are excited about it with irrelevant stuff.
Well, if a post like this "ruins the fun" for you, then your idea of having fun seems to be a rather superficial and - tbh - weak one.

Post

Oh I know how to have fun and it's not talking to you. This ends the conversation for me this time.

Post

spacepluk wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 10:50 pm
gentleclockdivider wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 4:05 pm Who said anything about audio not being played ?
It’s about cpu strain when graphics are shown or not .,audio always plays because I have it always enables .
It looks like you need a new computer then.
While I love Reason, I completely disregard fanboys who knee-jerkingly dismiss every little ounce of criticism - not matter of valid it may ever be - towards their beloved icon and react strongly and aggressively to it. (Actually quite a bit like badly trained watchdogs if I may say so.)

Post

jens wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 11:33 pm


If I am not completely misunderstanding him I think his point is that he stumbled upon indicators that appear to show that Reason's GUI code is rather inefficient and thus uses
quite a few CPU cycles instead of being processed mainly on the GPU - which seems like quite a fair point to me.
Finally someone who gets it !
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Post

Well, in my computer the difference is like 2% so maybe there's something wrong with your setup. And again, I would suggest opening a separate thread to get help with all that stuff.

Post

jens wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 11:33 pm If I am not completely misunderstanding him I think his point is that he stumbled upon indicators that appear to show that Reason's GUI code is rather inefficient and thus uses
quite a few CPU cycles instead of being processed mainly on the GPU - which seems like quite a fair point to me.
Yet I can run the same count of instruments in Reason 12 as I can in Cubase or Live.

This is an indicator that no matter how effective or ineffective Reason's GUI code is - somehow by some stroke of a miracle it behaves exactly as every other DAW. Which seems like a point does it?

How do you explain it then? Please not a gotcha question, how?

I have seen many anecdotal claims over the years. It took a while to move on from the Reason sound is bad. Now there's a non effective GUI engine yet it performs as any other DAW.

It must be a miracle on my computer. I am lucky.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”