Eventide Blackhole Immersive

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Blackhole Immersive

I’m in two minds about this. I’m really trying to not buy plugins this year and I don’t need surround, but after Benn Jordan’s review saying it was also better stereo version of the original, it piqued my interest. Plus I’d be curious if owning it made any significant dent in the cost of the updated H3000 Factory at some point.

martinjuenke wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 5:11 pm
ChamomileShark wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 4:23 pm Now reduced to $49 for the crossgrade. I'm asking them if there is a further discount if you crossgrade Blackhole & Micropitch.
Keep us in the loop, please!
Just got the reply, it's a "no" on this one.
Pastoral, Kosmiche, Ambient Music https://markgriffiths.bandcamp.com/
Experimental Music https://markdaltongriffiths.bandcamp.com/

I guess Eventide realised they were't going to sell many at that price, especially given there was not a fair cross grade path for existing customers. I will get Blackhole Immersive, it is a heck of a lot smoother sounding than the original, still on the fence over Micropitch - don't particularly like the H9 version - a combination of them both though might make a nice shimmer

aMUSEd wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 6:34 pm I guess Eventide realised they were't going to sell many at that price, especially given there was not a fair cross grade path for existing customers. I will get Blackhole Immersive, it is a heck of a lot smoother sounding than the original, still on the fence over Micropitch - don't particularly like the H9 version - a combination of them both though might make a nice shimmer
Yeah, easy purchase at this price point. Blackhole Immersive does sound fantastic.
I'm still checking out MicroPitch. Although I'll rarely use it, I'll probably still get it and force myself to justify my discount!

I like the old blackhole, I render most of my mixes either to mono or stereo, so immersive is not for me, nevertheless a good offer now.

Question is: will it be included in the next Anthology version (with an attractive upgrade price)?

martinjuenke wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 6:05 am Question is: will it be included in the next Anthology version (with an attractive upgrade price)?
Historically, do they ever leave anything out of Anthology?

agharta wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 7:38 am
martinjuenke wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 6:05 am Question is: will it be included in the next Anthology version (with an attractive upgrade price)?
Historically, do they ever leave anything out of Anthology?
No as far as I know.

DCrown wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 3:24 am I like the old blackhole, I render most of my mixes either to mono or stereo, so immersive is not for me, nevertheless a good offer now.
Me too. But the UI is a bit better and they improved the sound quality of both. Not worth $500, but seemed worth $48 each.

I didn’t even have Blackhole anymore (not for years) and still was able to pick up Immersive for $48.

Micropitch is my favorite doubler. Don’t use it for much else. Have to say the delay presets are pretty good on this one.

Wait so Blackhole Immersive isn't just a surround version of Blackhole? It's a better smoother lushier version of blackhole even in stereo? And the company doesn't even advertise about it? Or is it really just a surround version of blackhole...?

Chauzou wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 8:21 am Wait so Blackhole Immersive isn't just a surround version of Blackhole? It's a better smoother lushier version of blackhole even in stereo? And the company doesn't even advertise about it? Or is it really just a surround version of blackhole...?
Yes it turns out (at least according to several reviews) that they also improved the sound quite a bit. Not sure if the same applied to Micropitch though. Still on the fence about that although the video demos do sound better than what I am hearing from the H9 plugin version.

It would be nice of course if they just added those improvements to the stereo version but not sure that will happen

The H9 Blackhole doesn't get much use here, so it's easy to skip the reduced x-grade price. Not an ambient producer. FF Pro-R 2 finds better use in my work.
Monitors: HS7 / Mixing: Cubase Pro 13 / Mastering: WaveLab Pro 11.2 / Sound Design: Live 12 Suite

I produce mostly dark ambient and the regular Blackhole is in almost every recording, it is just so smooth and beautiful sounding :hug: :hug: :hug:
aliasing plugin owner
:?

DCrown wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 3:24 am I like the old blackhole, I render most of my mixes either to mono or stereo, so immersive is not for me, nevertheless a good offer now.
I'm just stereo, that's the channel format it's defaulted to. The sound improvement and GUI are worth it to me, at current price.

martiu wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 1:18 pm I produce mostly dark ambient and the regular Blackhole is in almost every recording, it is just so smooth and beautiful sounding :hug: :hug: :hug:
I can hardly imagine one could improve something with regard to stereo mixes or immersive is a completely different reverb!?
The gui is a matter of taste, I like the ole gui.

Return to “Effects”