VPS Avenger 2.1 [RELEASED - FAQ in OP]

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger VPS Avenger 2

Atmospherica 2 is a great expansion, quite playable and not too many melodic sequence samples. That said, I'm still getting 100% cpu spikes at rest every few seconds with any preset including INIT, empty logic project. Completely unusable and I just feel like abandoning avenger at this point. I'm sending a video report to support but just wanted to highlight the issue here. I'll report back.

The expansion sounds great, previous post confirms my doubts. It's a cpu hog expansion, unfortunately

DCrown wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 10:05 am The expansion sounds great, previous post confirms my doubts. It's a cpu hog expansion, unfortunately
If you're referring to my post, it's not the expansion to blame for the cpu use, I'm getting CPU spikes with no preset loaded apart from the init. A lot of the presets in Atmos 2 do send my CPU crazy and cause crackles etc, but it's obviously a more fundamental issue.

msvs wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 8:46 am there are 449 granular loops... 64 of these are mini songs, that means there are seperated loops, which fit perfectly over the other... Cinematic Bassline / Cinematic Plucks and Cinematic Pads for example (they have the same chord progression).

This is NOT the preset (SQ) category meant! ;)
actually, in Atmospherica 2 there are a lot more playable sounds than in vol 1
so you have 150 presets AND 449 new granular loops (which you can single use)
toghether with the drumkits and multisamples, this is quite a huge pack.
But the focus is clearly on granular and loop stuff (like vol.1)
That's good news, thanks Manuel - hope you can generally ease back on too much baked-in melodic content to these XP. Cheers!
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W11, Ryzen 7900, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2024 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

but that is what customers want

:)... I know you must know your audience, but yeah for me too, the one note 'symphonies' are a turn off from the XP packs.
Maybe do like the unfinished, have two editions/versions.
One without the one note wonders at a slightly cheaper price.
rsp
sound sculptist

msvs wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 12:00 pm but that is what customers want
It's like buying an arranger keyboard that perform pre-defined rhythms and harmonies. Good to impress friends by pressing a key and pretends to be a musician, however, truly creative artists are looking for something else.

Turn me off allso
Never understood the mening with all these Preset packs with one note songs. Would never buy that
___The Jepptunes___
"Accept All the Good"

Sound design for SQ8L and Alchemy

olepro wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 1:01 pm Turn me off allso
Never understood the mening with all these Preset packs with one note songs. Would never buy that
Oh no, don't offend the one note musicians, they'll be raging.
<list your stupid gear here>

I know :hihi:
___The Jepptunes___
"Accept All the Good"

Sound design for SQ8L and Alchemy

I use sometimes just one or two parts of a one note preset and delete the rest or turn the appregiator off, I don't dig such presets, too. I understand they are nice for a presentation of a xp, but don't get who would use a more or less finished track/song or even appregiator presets, it makes me feel like I would steal something or I would use something hundreds of users could use, too. It doesn't support creativity at all. Nevertheless I think the atmospherica 2 xp has nice sounds, but I am going to skip this time again, there are too many too cpu hungry presets and too many SQ, ARP, one note presets, chord progressions, loops, songs, human vocals etc
I had to laugh watching Bartek hitting one note and a flute solo was played together with a whole band- a solo!!! Lol
A solo is the most intimitate and unique expression of a musician.
I like Avenger a lot, but expansions could be so much better, they are obviously not addressed to musicians. Musicians can extract and use only a small part of a xp
Last edited by DCrown on Wed May 22, 2024 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I don't see it exactly like you guys.

I think Bartek videos are very misleading. It makes Avenger looks like a synth for cheap wedding one-man-band.
Awful awful... I mean no offense to him... But really this is at the opposite of what I like in music.

BUT
I don't see the one-note presets in a bad way at all. To me it is like sampling. When you take a sample, it sparkles an inspiration, but you need to work hard to make it yours. Some of Avenger expansions are like that. I don't seem them at all being plaid like bartek, basically jamming on others work. It is more like a way to present the presets that is a bit different.

Now, even if I am the devil advocate, most of the time I prefer navigate Spire presets. Because they are clean and easy to use. But I don't mind at all, when missing a bit of inspiration, going a different path through avenger and start from their presets. 100% of the time, I will end up with something totally different.

Jac459 wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 1:52 pm I think Bartek videos are very misleading. It makes Avenger looks like a synth for cheap wedding one-man-band.
There is no problem with Avenger itself - it's a great synth, but these XP patches make it "looks like a synth for cheap wedding one-man-band." I would prefer to have demo songs as additional files in MIDI format - so that I can delete them, leaving only the patches.

robert_p wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 2:08 pm ......
There is no problem with Avenger itself - it's a great synth, but these XP patches make it "looks like a synth for cheap wedding one-man-band." I would prefer to have demo songs as additional files in MIDI format - so that I can delete them, leaving only the patches.
This!!!!!!!
rsp
sound sculptist

No no lol, it is like for sampling my friends... This is not about the destination, it is about the journey...
You need to delete manually all other voices and effects and all... Or it would be too easy... Pain is the only way.

(hum, I am not sure I am even convincing myself lol)...

That being said... One thing is for sure. The quality of the sounds in these expansions is most often absolutely premium. This is excellently crafted sounds... So at the end it is worth a little bit of effort even if like you (ok I confesse) I would prefer them presented differently.

Return to “Instruments”