DUNE 3 is now available!!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
DUNE 3

Post

Teksonik wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 7:15 am Yes. Right Click on one of the Arp buttons.


Dune 3 Arp Lock.png
I've finally tried that now, but it seems like it doesn't do what I expected. If I lock arp1+2 it only locks the on/off state of the arps, but not the patterns. Is there a way to also lock the pattern?

Post

You can't lock the pattern, but you can right-hand mouse click, copy, and paste fairly quickly between presets..
Wavetables for DUNE2/3, Blofeld, IL Harmor, Hive and Serum etc: http://charlesdickens.neocities.org/
£10 for lifetime updates including wavetable editor for Windows.

Music: https://soundcloud.com/markholt

Post

I've seen that but the workflow is kinda shit. Depending on the tab you're on you either can't paste patterns or switch patches so it's a lot of clicks :shrug:
The lock feature is still useful if you want to cycle through patches with arp off (when using external arp or something) but ana2 does it better imo

Post

The whole concept of parameter lock is what I call "poke and hope" sound design. You load one patch, lock the filter for example, load another patch and you just hope something useful will result. Same with locking the Arp Patterns. You load a patch that is designed around that pattern, lock it, then load another patch just counting on luck to produce something that sounds good.

I think time would be better spent learning how to actually program the synth so you don't have to rely on luck.

But you could always make a feature request at the Synapse forum for Arp Lock to also lock the pattern as well.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Post

Is there a way to restart LFOs on each note or chord?

Also, does anyone know where to find good tutorials on sound design with Dune 3? I'm interested in creating lush and layered pads.

Post

3ptguitarist wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 3:30 pm Is there a way to restart LFOs on each note or chord?

Also, does anyone know where to find good tutorials on sound design with Dune 3? I'm interested in creating lush and layered pads.
https://youtu.be/pCY2vxDxrYM

https://youtu.be/lzPvw3-RtBM
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Post

3ptguitarist wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 3:30 pm
Also, does anyone know where to find good tutorials on sound design with Dune 3? I'm interested in creating lush and layered pads.
Synapse have their own YT channel that ran a series on sound design, have a look.

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLnTO ... EYSCW9WkrQ

Also:

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLQYe ... 1_Hr7reXtP

and...

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLbzP ... 1OC9tF45uL

Post

I think he wanted sound design for pads.
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Post

3ptguitarist wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 3:30 pm Also, does anyone know where to find good tutorials on sound design with Dune 3? I'm interested in creating lush and layered pads.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rrr6xkvAjG0
aliasing plugin owner
:?

Post

Touch The Universe wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 8:33 pm
3ptguitarist wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 3:30 pm Is there a way to restart LFOs on each note or chord?

Also, does anyone know where to find good tutorials on sound design with Dune 3? I'm interested in creating lush and layered pads.
https://youtu.be/lzPvw3-RtBM
what is that skin on dune 2?
aliasing plugin owner
:?

Post

martiu wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 2:21 am
Touch The Universe wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 8:33 pm
3ptguitarist wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 3:30 pm Is there a way to restart LFOs on each note or chord?

Also, does anyone know where to find good tutorials on sound design with Dune 3? I'm interested in creating lush and layered pads.
https://youtu.be/lzPvw3-RtBM
what is that skin on dune 2?
it is mine but not updated to last version and only with small size
Image

Post

it is very good looking skin
aliasing plugin owner
:?

Post

martiu wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 2:32 am it is very good looking skin
Thank you very much :hug:
Image

Post

carrieres wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 2:28 am
martiu wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 2:21 am
Touch The Universe wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 8:33 pm
3ptguitarist wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 3:30 pm Is there a way to restart LFOs on each note or chord?

Also, does anyone know where to find good tutorials on sound design with Dune 3? I'm interested in creating lush and layered pads.
https://youtu.be/lzPvw3-RtBM
what is that skin on dune 2?
it is mine but not updated to last version and only with small size
Any chance to update it. Still my favorite dune skin of all time :D
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Post

Touch The Universe wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 4:11 am
carrieres wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 2:28 am
martiu wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 2:21 am
Touch The Universe wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 8:33 pm
3ptguitarist wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 3:30 pm Is there a way to restart LFOs on each note or chord?

Also, does anyone know where to find good tutorials on sound design with Dune 3? I'm interested in creating lush and layered pads.
https://youtu.be/lzPvw3-RtBM
what is that skin on dune 2?
it is mine but not updated to last version and only with small size
Any chance to update it. Still my favorite dune skin of all time :D
It was some years ago and I have forgotten the tools I used, I can't promise anything.
Image

Return to “Instruments”