The Legend HZ by Synapse Audio now available!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
The Legend The Legend HZ

Post

cytospur wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 5:20 am Arturia Modular V? It has nine oscillators. It would be interesting if someone with more time on their hands than I do (and skill) could compare The Legend HZ with the Modular V.
Modular V is one of Arturia's oldest plug-ins, so my assumption would be that The Legend HZ surpasses it sonically most of the time, but I really don't know--it's been a while since I used Modular V, and perhaps it can be coaxed into some really cool modern sounds.

Post

One of my favourite sound designers is doing a walk through, I imagine with some sound design tips of this synth today at 3pm EST..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfhbkHYDKOc

rsp
sound sculptist

Post

Examigan wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 2:35 pm
Jac459 wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 5:29 am
cytospur wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 5:20 am ...
Arturia Modular V? It has nine oscillators. It would be interesting if someone with more time on their hands than I do (and skill) could compare The Legend HZ with the Modular V.
Wooo... Indeed our winner... Nice find...

Also interrested if somebody could compare.
I don't think Modular V could compare as it is just old. It's one of the oldest plugins Arturia has and AFAIK hasn't been updated with rebuilds the way Mini V, CS-80, and some others have been.
Maybe Stefano D'Angelo of Orastron is the dev who upgraded the quality of Arturia synth since 2015 ?
https://www.dangelo.audio/#software
Image

Post

I feel like the next closest synth to LegendHZ, the one really worth comparing to, is of course, One Ping Only. I can get them really close.

Post

carrieres wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 4:01 am
Examigan wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 2:35 pm
Jac459 wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 5:29 am
cytospur wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 5:20 am ...
Arturia Modular V? It has nine oscillators. It would be interesting if someone with more time on their hands than I do (and skill) could compare The Legend HZ with the Modular V.
Wooo... Indeed our winner... Nice find...

Also interrested if somebody could compare.
I don't think Modular V could compare as it is just old. It's one of the oldest plugins Arturia has and AFAIK hasn't been updated with rebuilds the way Mini V, CS-80, and some others have been.
Maybe Stefano D'Angelo of Orastron is the dev who upgraded the quality of Arturia synth since 2015 ?
https://www.dangelo.audio/#software
Maybe he is working on Modular V for a future release.

Post

Examigan wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 4:36 am
carrieres wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 4:01 am
Examigan wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 2:35 pm
Jac459 wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 5:29 am
cytospur wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 5:20 am ...
Arturia Modular V? It has nine oscillators. It would be interesting if someone with more time on their hands than I do (and skill) could compare The Legend HZ with the Modular V.
Wooo... Indeed our winner... Nice find...

Also interrested if somebody could compare.
I don't think Modular V could compare as it is just old. It's one of the oldest plugins Arturia has and AFAIK hasn't been updated with rebuilds the way Mini V, CS-80, and some others have been.
Maybe Stefano D'Angelo of Orastron is the dev who upgraded the quality of Arturia synth since 2015 ?
https://www.dangelo.audio/#software
Maybe he is working on Modular V for a future release.
Shame about Behringer Vintage. I think we'll just forget that ever happened.
<list your stupid gear here>

Post

Hey everyone,
Just wanted to announce I put out my first soundest for The LegendHZ!
A lot of these sounds are derived from hardware patches I've used on major Film/TV/VG projects over the years + some fun stuff for the nerds. :party:

Enjoy!
Available at my website https://www.benjaminhowell.work/store/p/usurper

Heres a video walkthrough of the patches!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mjtAi3oAtA&t=728s

Post

Good grief, listening to that video now... Good Lord.. these sound F'kingTastic.

Are these straight without any additional processing bar maybe a light limiter?

rsp
sound sculptist

Post

And bought, one little thing... you need to create an config.init file so it knows that BH is Benjamin Howell. and that file needs to be in the BH Usurper Folder.

It's easy enough to do or I can upload the one I just made.

rsp
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sound sculptist

Post

For those who think 6 oscillators are over kill listen to some of the patches in Benjamin's bank..
Pure Analog goodness and fatness.

And you programmed Aftertouch in it... I think I am in love.

rsp
sound sculptist

Post

zvenx wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 3:22 pm And bought, one little thing... you need to create an config.init file so it knows that BH is Benjamin Howell. and that file needs to be in the BH Usurper Folder.

It's easy enough to do or I can upload the one I just made.

rsp
Thank You! Just updated the master file, totally forgot to include the config.
Enjoy :tu:

Post

demo removes the OG legend?

Post

I can't imagine why it would, the paid version doesn't, its for the most part a separate plugin.
rsp
sound sculptist

Post

zvenx wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 3:35 pm For those who think 6 oscillators are over kill listen to some of the patches in Benjamin's bank..
Pure Analog goodness and fatness.

And you programmed Aftertouch in it... I think I am in love.

rsp
Considering that Osc3&6 will often be used as LFOs, I like to think of The Legend HZ as a 4-Osc synth with 2 LFOs that can be used as oscillators if you so desire. :phones:

Post

ere2learn wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 6:40 pm demo removes the OG legend?
No, 2 diff .dll's. They will run side by side.

Return to “Instruments”